• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

manium
    manium

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

When doing the summon command could you make it so that the person who is being warped has to say yes or no /y or /n to accept or decline?

Could you also want to put in a command that declines all warp requests sent to that user? OPs would love this xD.

Register or log in to remove.

Neil_50437

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ive tried putting this on my forge server multiple times it crashes any help?
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207989#p3005556]Posted Image[/url]

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostNeil_50437, on 16 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Ive tried putting this on my forge server multiple times it crashes any help?

I would need to see the crash report that the server creates for it to have any kind of clue of what is going on.  I personally run it on a server with 82 mods installed so it's usually not a mod conflict.  If you can post the relevant complete crash report to pastebin.com or somewhere and post a link here I will be more than happy to look into it for you :)

naburus
    naburus

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Kdx7214, can you share your source code?

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postnaburus, on 16 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Kdx7214, can you share your source code?

Actually that's on my plan for today.   I've been trying to get github and a build system working.   So far no go, but will continue working on it.  Once I do I will post a link as I plan for this mod to be fully open source.

UndergroundLounge

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Appreciate all your work on this Mod.  At this rate it appears it will become one of the "large" Mods for Forge,
akin to Essentials is for Bukkit.  Thanks for all the updates.

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Okay, I have a confession to make.  I'm terrible at working with GitHub.   I'm to the point where I am getting quite annoyed with it.  I'm simply trying to make a repository and submit changes and am banging my head against a wall.   The only tutorials I've been able to find don't work (i.e. forge has changed itself so much since they were made the paths are wrong, and I don't know what I can and cannot change).

Anybody know of an up to date tutorial for github and minecraft modding that can help me get started?  I'm to the point where it would be far easier to keep track of this way.

Thanks!

View PostUndergroundLounge, on 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Appreciate all your work on this Mod.  At this rate it appears it will become one of the "large" Mods for Forge,
akin to Essentials is for Bukkit.  Thanks for all the updates.

You're quite welcome!  I hope to keep working on it until it fits the bill for most people.  I have a /tpa command (or /summon if you wish) command working along with /tpaccept and /tpreject but am currently fighting with github.  Once I manage to get that into shape I'll get a new update out :)

naburus
    naburus

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

https://www.youtube....=eclipse github :)

Yourdogsdead

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

The guide on Github's website worked well for me. What exactly are you having issues with?

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

View Postnaburus, on 16 January 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I just watched that video and apparently the version of Eclipse I have does not work with those instructions.   The menus it references aren't there.   I now have a sort-of working setup, but no clue how to push changes to github yet.    Will keep chugging on it.   To be honest, right now I'm very unimpressed with github.

View PostYourdogsdead, on 16 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

The guide on Github's website worked well for me. What exactly are you having issues with?

Oh just the usual.  The tutorials are made a year or more ago, menu options have changed, software has changed and things don't match what they show anymore.   I've sort of figured it out - at least I have the source posted finally.  Not sure I can mark updates or anything like that yet, but will continue to work on it.   At least now the source is backed up off my PC :D

Yourdogsdead

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postkdx7214, on 16 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

I just watched that video and apparently the version of Eclipse I have does not work with those instructions.   The menus it references aren't there.   I now have a sort-of working setup, but no clue how to push changes to github yet. Will keep chugging on it.   To be honest, right now I'm very unimpressed with github.

Oh just the usual.  The tutorials are made a year or more ago, menu options have changed, software has changed and things don't match what they show anymore.   I've sort of figured it out - at least I have the source posted finally.  Not sure I can mark updates or anything like that yet, but will continue to work on it.   At least now the source is backed up off my PC Posted Image

Are you using the command line or the GUI app? The CLI hasn't really changed too much. My work flow is pretty basic.
git add .
git commit -m "Commit Message"
git push origin master

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostYourdogsdead, on 16 January 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Are you using the command line or the GUI app? The CLI hasn't really changed too much. My work flow is pretty basic.
git add .
git commit -m "Commit Message"
git push origin master

Well, I'm trying to use the gui.  Normally I work under linux and use command line but for Forge a windows box seems to be the "ideal" method.    Plus, no clue how to work with forge w/o eclipse (which I don't particularly care for).   I've gotten one update to work, but still no clue how to store version numbers or any of the cool stuff lol.

tonnic
    tonnic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

sorry, getting my mods mixed up... what is /wand used for?   When I saw /wand, I thought it was for MCPermissions / Region ?

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Posttonnic, on 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

sorry, getting my mods mixed up... what is /wand used for?   When I saw /wand, I thought it was for MCPermissions / Region ?

/Wand is used to get the current worldedit wand item into your inventory.   This defaults to a wooden axe but can be changed in the config file.  I will eventually be writing all (or most) of the worldedit commands for Necessities and this is just one of them.

UPDATE:  0.6.8 released   16-Jan-2013

Lots of new commands.   See the changelog for details and as always, if you have problems please let me know so I can fix them :)

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Duplicate post due to web server issue.

Lfty
    Lfty

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Minecraft: Lefty

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Added capability to autosave data.  User configurable timer defaults to every 15 minutes.

Does that mean your mod does every 15 minute /Save-all on your own?

Beeeeeeeeeeep :P

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostLfty, on 16 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Added capability to autosave data.  User configurable timer defaults to every 15 minutes.

Does that mean your mod does every 15 minute /Save-all on your own?

It does not do the same thing as a /save-all.   Basically I have no way to tap into the /save-all command so I had to implement a separate timer to save just the data for Necessities.   You can change the number of minutes it's set to in the configuration file (or set it to 0 to disable it completely).   Without this timer, the data is only saved when the server is /stop'd - which means a power outage could result in loss of new homes set by players since the last shutdown.

tonnic
    tonnic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

View Postkdx7214, on 16 January 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

/Wand is used to get the current worldedit wand item into your inventory.   This defaults to a wooden axe but can be changed in the config file.  I will eventually be writing all (or most) of the worldedit commands for Necessities and this is just one of them.

UPDATE:  0.6.8 released   16-Jan-2013

Lots of new commands.   See the changelog for details and as always, if you have problems please let me know so I can fix them :)

Ahhhhhh cool.  I hope you and the MCpermissions guy can work together because it is like both of you have the 2 most popular mods for forge.  He has permissions and a world guard type of mod, and you have necessities and world edit!

Regelneef
  • Minecraft: Regelneef

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

kdx7214, i can't thank you enough for this mod! It's working really well. But is it possible to colour the MOTD? Since several mods post updates it's kinda hard to clearly see and read it.
\o/ [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader has successfully loaded 213 mods... OMG it's amazing!!

kdx7214
    kdx7214

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostRegelneef, on 17 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

kdx7214, i can't thank you enough for this mod! It's working really well. But is it possible to colour the MOTD? Since several mods post updates it's kinda hard to clearly see and read it.

I hadn't even thought of that, but will add it right now!   Thanks for the idea!