• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MrSal07
    MrSal07

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Are you the proud owner of an old world with pre-existing animals and are  updating to the 1.0.1 version. If you want your old animals to breed or follow with wheat, you need to hit them with something, I use snowballs since it doesn't hurt them, could probably just use your fist too. After they are hit they follow and breed normally. Also chickens need seed to lure and breed, for people having problems with chickens.

Register or log in to remove.

mrdontgrindonme

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Thank you, i will try this.  I couldnt get the chickens to breed but ill be sure to implement this option.  Sometime you have to show the animals whos boss

MrSal07
    MrSal07

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I found this by accident when trying to breed some sheep that didn't want to follow me. They got stuck "headbutting" each other, even after the mating hearts disappeared, so I threw a snowball at them to try and get them to stop, and after that they followed me and breed with each other fine.

It seems to be a problem existing only with pre update animals, cause any newly animals lure and breed just fine for me, just my old farm of animals didn't want to follow the new rules.

Deathwatch27

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Im going to try this too as ive beening trying to breed pigs on an old map. they just headbutt each other aswell.

Disciplyne

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Just want to give a big THANKS! for this advice. I could breed everything else... I was really worried because I couldn't get my chickens to breed, and would have to give up my precious bow and arrows. Not to mention the Christmas Chicken dinner! Posted Image   Any advice about throwing their laid eggs? I tried to hatch some doing that and it seems to have been nerfed to non-existence.

StPariah
    StPariah

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hahaha, I discovered this on accident in my old world...

I was trying to get my Pigs to make piglets and they just wouldn't listen to me, so I may have "accidentally" hit them out of frustration... but they listened to me after that :)

LukesterGaming

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wasn't aware of this 'problem' regarding animal breeding on older worlds :o guess they just need some sense knocked into them first, for them to realise that the game version itself changed, even if the older world hasn't :P

Posted Image

Please check out my new gaming channel, for Minecraft Xbox360 Edition uploads!

unokitsune

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I found this problem is also with post-update generated areas. I'm not sure what causes it but I will try this fix and update it a little later, thank you!
Buy wearable art from me please! http://www.minecraft...tom-embroidery/
I can do Plushies, embroidery patches and even clothes! Check out my deviantart as well please ^_^

wolfeuk
    wolfeuk

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2346 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

you could also just nudge them ;)

roy_g
    roy_g

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

I find going in a circle around them first then backing up they usually follow me.
Posted Image

itsthekeri

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Can't thank you enough for this post. I seriously thought I was losing it last night when I was trying to breed my white sheep. I thought maybe there was a limit to how many times a sheep could breed? I'm going to try this method out when I get home from work.
Posted Image
“Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.” -Benjamin Franklin