Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Mod idea: how to train your dragon

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

angelkitten1
  • Minecraft: angelkitten1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

My idea is that the mod adds dragons (from how to train your dragon) which you can tame with any fish (cooked or raw ) and then you have a tamed dragon(that drops two ID tags when tamed I will get to that later) that follows you around and attacks things that attack you(like dogs) now all u need to ride them is a dragon saddle which is crafted by making 4 saddles and putting them together to make a bigger saddle all you do is right click on the dragon with the saddle and its on permanently right click again to ride right click on the dragon to get off. Now onto the ID tags (like I said I would) dragons drop 2 once tamed. The first one will be gold and that will let you change the name and color (3 colors one default and two others) each color has a number default is one and then there's two and three the colors depend on the dragon. The 2nd ID tag will command the dragon two attack whatever you right click on.
I will help but only with the dragons from the first of january (cause I can't code and I'm on holiday and didn't bring my laptop)

Register or log in to remove.

jorcool
    jorcool

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

there is already a rideable dragons mod which allow you to hatch and tame enderdragons

angelkitten1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

So what's it called besides this mod is different it has different dragons and each dragon has three different colors

minecraftgp2
  • Minecraft: Animbestforeve

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hmmm... you can input a savage dragon and input a new item craftable starting a raw meat to tame it
Posted Image
Visit my youtube Channel clicking here

Lord_Frogger01

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

i like savage dragons when they eat giant chunks of raw meat

angelkitten1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postminecraftgp2, on 19 December 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hmmm... you can input a savage dragon and input a new item craftable starting a raw meat to tame it
Just one problem I want dragons from the movie like night furies and monstrous nightmares

crow174
    crow174

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

ive been dying for someone to make this i love toothless. you should totally go for it !

angelkitten1

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postcrow174, on 25 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

ive been dying for someone to make this i love toothless. you should totally go for it !
I love toothless too! I'm no modder so I can't really do it. I can help make models though

angelkitten1

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

seems like this idea is deadPosted Image

Soriel
    Soriel

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1377 posts
  • Minecraft: Soriel1

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Mo creature might add dragons in it's next update. And many request that they can be tamed.
North American Otaku.

IceDiamond09567

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

You could ask a good mod creator to make one. But I got no idea how to make mods so I would have no idea. Also. If you figure out how to make a httyd mod. You should make it so that there is like 1 night fury in a world and that it will be where ever you are. As in I mean say if you move away from spawn then it would appear where you are at night time. Extremely rare to find and, you can only tame it after a while to gain its trust. Hope you reply.

Ripadrak
    Ripadrak

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I might be able to help with the models, and might even be able to draw some concept art for you.

P.S: i am a huge fan of the httyd franchise and would love to see this mod happen.

(either way, i still gonna draw some concept art and stuff)

Jukakun
    Jukakun

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I have an idea for your request, what about some dragons from the book series? I don't know their english names because i only have the books in portuguese... But would be cool!
I am a League of Legends player! If you understand my puns, you're awesome!

angelkitten1

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostRipadrak, on 27 March 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I might be able to help with the models, and might even be able to draw some concept art for you.

P.S: i am a huge fan of the httyd franchise and would love to see this mod happen.

(either way, i still gonna draw some concept art and stuff)
i cant mod, i'm in middle school so i never knew

IceDiamond09567

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Ask BarracudaATA to have a look at making this. He made the Dragon Mounts mod, which is similar to this mod your thinking of.

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm making a httyd mod at the moment. I have built and textured models for a Viking and for the night fury. I'm working on the nadder at the moment. I plan to do lots more than just dragons in the mod. Everything that will eventually be in the mod is on the page. Be sure to check it out if you're interested.

scoopy11
    scoopy11

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

I love How to train your dragon! I would really like to see some new weapons, like the catapult Hiccup used to take down Toothless! Maybe even a new boat like the viking boats! Or possibly even Hiccup as a mob!

Cisrox4
    Cisrox4

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

I could sprite items for this, and I am learning how to model, but I cannot code anything.
Posted Image
HELP MY EGGY HATCH! CLICK ON HIM

PhilliesFanatic

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

after someone does the mod there should be a adventure aspect to like the aether mod

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostPhilliesFanatic, on 25 June 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

after someone does the mod there should be a adventure aspect to like the aether mod

View Postscoopy11, on 23 June 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

I love How to train your dragon! I would really like to see some new weapons, like the catapult Hiccup used to take down Toothless! Maybe even a new boat like the viking boats! Or possibly even Hiccup as a mob!
Both already planned! :3
Check out my mod. I have made some models already and have textured them as well. It's not just another ender dragon mod. I have actually made the night fury, the nadder and the terrible terror and all are fully textured (although the nadder needs some work). I also have a finished 'stoick the vast model and texture. I have a few coded items already as well as dragon eggs and a berk island map. The map on the mod page is an old one though. I have a new one that's much better. As you said scoopy11, there are also new weapons planned. The mod is in early stages though so there isn't a lot to show.