Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Im looking to start a server

new noob help

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

robwoods1988

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have just started a brand new Minecraft server with 4096mb dedicated ram! It is a bukkit server which will one day be a survival server! So far the plugins I have installed and configured are:

PermissionsEx, Essentials, World edit, Worldguard, Warps, LWC chests, iConomy, BoCheatPlus, Logblock, Chestshop Autosaveworld, bukkit update!

These have bee configured roughly. Now the fun part,

I need Admins, Builders, Mods to get my baby up and running! Anyhelp would be appreciated I havent even got a spawn yet!

If you let me know how you could help with your names, I will direct message you the server details before its public release to get this bad boy up and running!

Rob Woods!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ArcanicExpIorer
  • Minecraft: ArcanicExplorer
  • Xbox:fails

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Name Joe
Age 15
Experience A lot. I've administrated my own bukkit server, know minor java (code), and enjoy configuring things.
How you can help Help you with plugins, configuration, moderating server, what ever you need, I'm here for you.

Thanks
Hey, my names Joe, feel free to message me! :)
Ps: Quote me when replying to one of my threads/posts so I get a notification.

Wowie7450
  • Minecraft: Wowie7450

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postrobwoods1988, on 18 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

I am looking to start a new bukkit server, Im running a seriously highspec pc with 120mb internet 15mb upload in the uk, Ive done basic vanilla servers and its ran with 10 people with no lag (all uk mind) What I am looking for is someone experianced in bukkit server set up, (plugins included) to help me create the server. I will need Admins/Builders. I will also pay for any time or if it doesnt work for a dedicated server. Replies here with:

Name
Experiance
How you can help

Cheers
Rob
Love to help you out! Although this is a little personal.
Name: Wowie7450
Experience: Run bukkit server with some friends, pretty good with plugins
I can help you out with the spawn and/or some plugins, and setting up the basics.
Thanks! Love to join you in your adventures!

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Name Joe
Age 15
Experience A lot. I've administrated my own bukkit server, know minor java (code), and enjoy configuring things.
How you can help Help you with plugins, configuration, moderating server, what ever you need, I'm here for you.

Thanks
Could you help me with a little coding/porting? I'd appreciate it.
Please support diamond city! CLICK HERE~ http://adf.ly/Fx7Of
24/7 support may come soon, please help us out! ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostWowie7450, on 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Sure, send me a PM.

robwoods1988

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I can help you out with the spawn and/or some plugins, and setting up the basics.

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Name Joe
Age 15

Thanks

Ive decided to go with nitrous networks bedrock standard, however I've never ran a bukkit server, what I will do is purchase this package and look how i can give access, the reason I asked Age was im 24 and i dont particularly want my server ran by children,

Cheers
Rob
Posted Image

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

View Postrobwoods1988, on 18 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Ive decided to go with nitrous networks bedrock standard, however I've never ran a bukkit server, what I will do is purchase this package and look how i can give access, the reason I asked Age was im 24 and i dont particularly want my server ran by children,

Cheers
Rob

I can tell you I'm mature, if that's what your getting at.

;)

robwoods1988

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I can tell you I'm mature, if that's what your getting at.

Posted Image

I will take your word for it, I've just ordered the server it is now pending with nitrous networks, I need to come up with an idea for a server name if either of you have any ideas
Posted Image

Ranchers
    Ranchers

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Name; Tra, Pronounced Tray.
Age; I'm 15.
Experience; Well I've been a mod in a couple servers, but they've gone down sadly. But in building I'm good with Redstone, or well building in general.
How you can help; Depending what you need, I could help Moderate the Server, or I could also help build places, such as spawn, arenas ect. or i could even do both !

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postrobwoods1988, on 18 December 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

I will take your word for it, I've just ordered the server it is now pending with nitrous networks, I need to come up with an idea for a server name if either of you have any ideas

Well, what kind of server is it going to be? ... hybrid, pvp, creative, hungergames, etc

robwoods1988

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Well, what kind of server is it going to be? ... hybrid, pvp, creative, hungergames, etc

Im thinking a Survival server with economy/shops/pvp arenas possibly factions. Again im looking for help as Im new to this server running but as my old server went down, I thought i should have a go at hosting my own
Posted Image

TehJazz
    TehJazz

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postrobwoods1988, on 18 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

I am looking to start a new bukkit server, Im running a seriously highspec pc with 120mb internet 15mb upload in the uk, Ive done basic vanilla servers and its ran with 10 people with no lag (all uk mind) What I am looking for is someone experianced in bukkit server set up, (plugins included) to help me create the server. I will need Admins/Builders. I will also pay for any time or if it doesnt work for a dedicated server. Replies here with:

Name
How you can help

Cheers
Rob
Name: James
Experiance: I run a server for my school and also worked as a server developer for beastnode for awhile.
How you can help: I can help set up and do network task and set up plugins and permissions but I prefer building stuff I love terraforming and messing with redstone. (Sadly I don't have many pictures of my work because the servers i built for are no longer running.
Check out MineGolf. MiniGolf in Minecraft! viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=355014

I'm so cool cause I say I'm cool like all the cool kids.

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ok, so mainly economy survival

I'll be making suggestions for you.

Also: what host are you using?

robwoods1988

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

I have just purchased nitrous networks bedrock tier, it comes with the recommendations of
Bedrock Tier
Dedicated Memory
4096Mb
Recommended players
1-100

View PostTehJazz, on 18 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Name: James
Experiance: I run a server for my school and also worked as a server developer for beastnode for awhile.
How you can help: I can help set up and do network task and set up plugins and permissions but I prefer building stuff I love terraforming and messing with redstone. (Sadly I don't have many pictures of my work because the servers i built for are no longer running.

You sound perfect, Once they give me access to the control panel I will give you a shout

Cheers
Rob
Posted Image

Ranchers
    Ranchers

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postrobwoods1988, on 18 December 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

err.. Didn't think i would have needed to quote... but i will copy, and paste it in this.
"Name; Tra, Pronounced Tray.
Age; I'm 15.
Experience; Well I've been a mod in a couple servers, but they've gone down sadly. But in building I'm good with Redstone, or well building in general.
How you can help; Depending what you need, I could help Moderate the Server, or I could also help build places, such as spawn, arenas ect. or i could even do both !"

robwoods1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

The server is up, Ive installed bukkit so far, I am now looking for a "plugin" guy, builder and some one to help set the plugins up.

My skype is: salfordseshments,
My msn is: [email protected]

Message me on there

Cheers Rob
Posted Image

robwoods1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostTehJazz, on 18 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

The server is up, anychance you can come assist?
Posted Image

robwoods1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostRanchers, on 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

err.. Didn't think i would have needed to quote... but i will copy, and paste it in this.
"Name; Tra, Pronounced Tray.
Age; I'm 15.
How you can help; Depending what you need, I could help Moderate the Server, or I could also help build places, such as spawn, arenas ect. or i could even do both !"

View PostArcanicExpIorer, on 18 December 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

The Server is now up if any of you want to help me build find spawn etc

Rob
Posted Image

robwoods1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I have just started a brand new Minecraft server with 4096mb dedicated ram! It is a bukkit server which will one day be a survival server! So far the plugins I have installed and configured are:

PermissionsEx, Essentials, World edit, Worldguard, Warps, LWC chests, iConomy, BoCheatPlus, Logblock, Chestshop Autosaveworld, bukkit update!

These have bee configured roughly. Now the fun part,

I need Admins, Builders, Mods to get my baby up and running! Anyhelp would be appreciated I havent even got a spawn yet!

If you let me know how you could help with your names, I will direct message you the server details before its public release to get this bad boy up and running!

Rob Woods!
Posted Image