375 replies to this topic

Ariuh
    Ariuh

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostMeritania, on 03 February 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Spoiler:

WOW married and pregnant in the same turn?!?!?! .... meritania is a busy man!!!

View PostMastermind9513, on 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Spring Task: Woodcutting (+ bury Joshua...damn, Merit, thanks for the curveball there...)
Autumn Task: Explore in the Forests (ANYONE WANNA JOIN ME?)
Winter Task: Waterbearing
Crafting: None
Resources Taken: 2 Wool (slowly, my love...we shall rule the wool...)
Resources Given: 2 Meat

The service for Joshua Ferangmos will begin at sunset on the 5th, please remember to bring mourning loin-cloths.  Dinner will be served afterwards, we will be having meat and berries, which is all we ever seem to have...  The Ferangmos family would like to wish everyone for their support in these dark times (also, since we have little fire and stuff...yeah).

Well, there goes a hiccup on the way to Lvl. 6 Hunting...

Thanks for all those answers, Merit.

Ferangmos Family:
Spoiler:

A legacy has been born!

Also, apparently Torr Arn is abstinent...them healers...

Please may i offer the Ferangmos Family all our love and condolences, we didnt know you long but may you sleep with the gods peacefully!!

Incidently THEEPIC, please may I say I think you desparately need to go hunting and waterbearing before all your family die.... I think after emelia, you are the only one left and your health is very very poor!

Register or log in to remove.

Empour
    Empour

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Minecraft: empoleon53098

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Spring Task: Waterbearing
Autumn Task:Goat Milking
Resources shared:No resources added to stockpile, however, 60% of milk collected and 60% of water collected are sent to the Norbanus family, seeing their failing health. An additional 30% of the milk collected is sent to the Ferangmos family, As a gift to ease the suffering they received from the death of the leaders of the family.
Resources Taken: 3 wool for clothing.
Steve has almost come of age at this point, and has been hoping to enlist as an apprentice to Torr Arn, as he has had a fascination with his arts after seeing them in action.
We've got eyes on the front of our heads because we're designed to look forward, not back.

Ariuh
    Ariuh

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Autumn Task:Shack building
Resources shared:, 0
Resources Taken: Meat

Ariuh would like to sell norbanus some medicine to increase his health in trade of wood. Ariuh would like to have a daughter called Antarctica as this is the wishes of her loving husband :)

Epik
    Epik

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1171 posts
  • Minecraft: theEPiK1
  • Xbox:techiepad

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Spring Task: Water Bearing
Autumn Task: Hunting
Winter Task: Construction of torr arn's house
Crafting: I build a fire.
Resources Shared to the stockpile
Resources Taken from the stockpile:
Family stats:
Spoiler:
I will trade for some wood sure. I don't know how much though as I need to build this shack for torr...

krazaz
    krazaz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: krazaz
  • Xbox:Krazaz

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

((Damn... Torr must be more attractive than i imagined... Well it sucks being a witch doctor.... ANYWAY sorry, i was very busy this weekend, ill make a real post soon))
Shivers won the poll! Thanks to anyone who helped!

Epik
    Epik

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1171 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Postkrazaz, on 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

((Damn... Torr must be more attractive than i imagined... Well it sucks being a witch doctor.... ANYWAY sorry, i was very busy this weekend, ill make a real post soon))
Could you heal me maybe? I am building a house for you after all.

Keyguyperson
  • Minecraft: keyguyperson
  • Xbox:NO.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Autumn Task: Woodcutting
Resources Taken: Gee, i wonder.
Resources Given: What i always give.
The baby has been named Josh.
http://www.minecraft...empires-reboot/: A sci-fi government RP, including proud warrior race, sciency heir-of-the-precursors race, and humans with an army that is top-notch... if the enemy is a particularly stupid piece of balsa wood!
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will someday venture to the stars." -Carl Sagan
All my posts are required reading for NSA agents.

krazaz
    krazaz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostConson84, on 03 February 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

The legacy of Joshua will live on! Anyways, if Torr dosen't accept Melisa's proposal, she has also taken a fancy to Steve Torres.

View Postempoleon53098, on 03 February 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Steve has almost come of age at this point, and has been hoping to enlist as an apprentice to Torr Arn, as he has had a fascination with his arts after seeing them in action.
Torr rejects Melissa's proposal as it is against his practice but then sees Steve's interest in apprenticeship, but learns that melissa is interested in Steve. Torr then tells Steve "one must choose between knowledge and peace or love and life"

Torr is present at the burials and recites the story of the blue flower which teaches that when someone is lost it is thier impact on the world that is most precious, and that even their body, is precious to the earth. He plants flower seeds on thier bodies.

The stars are a sign of new things to come, he is unsure of what or its connotation, but that is what it means

Torr works hard at keeping the norbanus family alive, even at risk of his own health

Spring: healing
Autumn: healing
Takes: meat
Gives:none

Empour
    Empour

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postkrazaz, on 04 February 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Torr rejects Melissa's proposal as it is against his practice but then sees Steve's interest in apprenticeship, but learns that melissa is interested in Steve. Torr then tells Steve "one must choose between knowledge and peace or love and life"

Torr is present at the burials and recites the story of the blue flower which teaches that when someone is lost it is thier impact on the world that is most precious, and that even their body, is precious to the earth. He plants flower seeds on thier bodies.

The stars are a sign of new things to come, he is unsure of what or its connotation, but that is what it means

Torr works hard at keeping the norbanus family alive, even at risk of his own health

Spring: healing
Autumn: healing
Takes: meat
Gives:none
Er, wait a minute, Steve is of the Empinoon family. Error perhaps?
We've got eyes on the front of our heads because we're designed to look forward, not back.

Meritania

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

For reference, there is a Steve Empinoon (15) and a Steve Torres (22). I'm also pretty sure there are more Marcus than there are members of the Ferangmos clan.

The service for Joshua Ferangmos will begin at sunset on the 5th, please remember to bring mourning loin-cloths.  Dinner will be served afterwards, we will be having meat and berries, which is all we ever seem to have...  The Ferangmos family would like to wish everyone for their support in these dark times (also, since we have little fire and stuff...yeah).

I know I shouldn't, because it's a funeral invitation, but I lol'd.

References
http://tvtropes.org/...n/OneSteveLimit

krazaz
    krazaz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

((Im confused... Am i right? I think so))

Ariuh
    Ariuh

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Meritania, I have decided our new baby will be a daughter called Antarctica (in the hope that our future children will have normal child names... not strange names like antarctica....)

Meritania

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

The Fourteenth Year

A combination of drought and famine has hit Arnog this year, leaving the stockpile looking barren. On top of that, Marcus Norbanus, the last remaining joint-founder of the settlement has died, leaving his son, Marcus Jr. the last remaining heir of the Norbanus family.

It however has been a very industrious year for Arnog. The Hadros family have become the third family to build a shack, meaning they no longer need to migrate South during the winter moons. The Minous family have been the first to make clothes out of wool & The Fermangmos family have been further in the forest than most people have only feared.

Steve Empinoon also has a choice ahead of him, does he accept a life as a witch doctor, being the ceremonial head of the village or does he follow his heart, and live the life of a family man.

Posted Image

And now to speed up production, tools can be crafted to amplify production of different skills. Families only need to own one tool to gain the benefit.

Wood Tools (5 Wood)
Basket - Increases Gathering Production (+10%)
Trundle - Increases Water Gathering Production (+10%)
Shepherd's Crook - Increases animal husbandry (shearing and goat milking)(+10%)
Shuttle - Increases Weaving production (+10%)
Club - Increases Patrolling Practicality (+10%)

Stone Tools (3 Wood, 2 Stone)
Spear - Increases Hunting Production (+10%)
Axe - Increases Wood Production (+10%)
Knife - Increases Herb Gathering (+10%)
Hammer - Increases Building Production (+10%)
Pestle - Increases Herb Healing (+10%)

Conson84
    Conson84

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Conson84
  • Xbox:Conson84

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Spring Task: Gathering Berries
Autumn Task: Waterbearing
Winter Task: Woodcutting
Resources Shared: (none)
Resources Taken: (If you give none, shouldn't take none)

Rick completes his shack as the last remaining founder of Arnog passes away. He feels awkward, standing in the midst of two families who have lost so much in the last two years. He offers all his support to both of them, and thinks on what he is to do in the years to come.

The Hadros Clan:
  • Rick Hadros~41~Head
  • Christa Hadros~39~Wife of Rick
  • Melisa Hadros~21~Daughter
  • Trevor Hadros~17~Son
  • Joshua Hadros~1~Son
  • Jessica Hadros~1~Daughter
(Okay guys, we all need to come together and work on the stonecutters camp. Once we can all build shadoofs for our families, we focus on other things than thirst. This has been a message from the Hadros clan)
"So y'all gotta hide yo wood, hide yo stone, and hide yo dirt too, cause them creepers blowing up everything out here."

Mastermind9513

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Spring Task: Woodcutting
Autumn Task: Begin construction of the Stone Mason's Camp (seeing as we have no stone)
Winter Task: Hunting
Crafting: None
Resources Shared: Half of meat collected only, give Milk and half of Herbs to Norbanus family
Resources Taken: None

Well, Matthew decides to begin construction of the Stone Cutter's Camp to try to start stone production...

The Ferangmos family wishes the Norbanus family well in these harsh times and welcomes the Hadros family to the Hut dwellers.

My son...shall be named...Jacob!

Man...three deaths in two years...but hey, this is "civilization" for yah...

FYI, Merit, I'm only counting 6 skills for Matthew...can we compare?  And also, what does the Tracking skill help with?

Ferangmos Family:
Spoiler:

Support the most amazing game concept in existence,
THE UNIVERSE PROJECT

Empour
    Empour

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Spring Task:Hunting
Autumn Task:Waterbearing
Resources shared:2 meat, 2 water
Resources Taken:None
If crafting tools is a task, then replace hunting with it. Steve decides that he wishes to make his animal more effective, so he decides to make one of these ingenious new contraptions, a shepherd's crook. Steve Empinoon, seeing none of the young women of the tribe have caught his eye, decides to be the apprentice of the witch doctor. He visits Torr, bringing with him a gift of 2 milk, and negotiates the price of the apprenticeship.

Meritania

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Man...three deaths in two years...but hey, this is "civilization" for yah...

Even though in the game of civilization, as long as people had food they lived for thousands of years.

FYI, Merit, I'm only counting 6 skills for Matthew...can we compare?  And also, what does the Tracking skill help with?

The skill you are missing is Building (Lv.2). The tracking skill helps you with the special tasks. I also believe as Jacob is the son of Matthew, he is the heir to the Fermangmos Family.

If crafting tools is a task, then replace hunting with it.

Crafting is a free action, so you can do both hunting and crafting.

Epik
    Epik

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1171 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Autumn Task: Building torr's hut
Winter Task:
Resources Shared to the stockpile: All Herbs
Resources Taken from the stockpile: None
Family stats:
Spoiler:
Marcus wishes to marry Melisa Hadros.
You all are so nice towards me, thanks a ton. When I can I will repay you all.

Conson84
    Conson84

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Conson84
  • Xbox:Conson84

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PosttheEPiK1, on 05 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Autumn Task: Building torr's hut
Winter Task:
Resources Shared to the stockpile: All Herbs
Resources Taken from the stockpile: None
Family stats:
Spoiler:
Marcus wishes to marry Melisa Hadros.

Marcus and Melisa shall be wed! Oh holy day!
"So y'all gotta hide yo wood, hide yo stone, and hide yo dirt too, cause them creepers blowing up everything out here."

krazaz
    krazaz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Torr agrees but wishes for a goat sometime within the next five years

I believe that steve would still live with and depend on his family (until a certain point), but works for me. Or we could just give him completely over to me...

Spring: gathering
Autumn: waterbearing
Given:potion
Taken: none