Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Gypsies-European Union

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

CreATiveHippo
  • Minecraft: CreATive

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

What should the European Union do with the Gypsies that go to Western Europe to get rich,using unlegal methods?Are they a burden to EU?
<- This is a crow wearing a suit and dancing on the music of Bo Diddley. Your arguments are invalid.

Register or log in to remove.

danthonywalker

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I looked up Gypsies on Wikipedia for answers, I failed to find anything related to a Gypsy union. Please, clarify for me.

Posted Image

jacobdb
    jacobdb

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 6289 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostCreATiveHippo, on 18 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

What should the European Union do with the Gypsies that go to Western Europe to get rich,using unlegal methods?Are they a burden to EU?

wait... what?

first of all, state some facts, second of all. There not a "burden" in the sense that there presence and "getting rich through unlegal methods" is suchs  marginal "loss" that it doesn't really matter.

Vojife
    Vojife

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Minecraft: Vojife

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Um, put those who use illegal methods to get rich to prison, leave those who do nothing illegal alone and also put non-gypsies who use illigal methods to prison. Why divide to ethinicity?

You want a signature? Fine!

Naughxius
  • Minecraft: Naughxius
  • Xbox:Naughxius

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostCreATiveHippo, on 18 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

That looks like racism...

Put them in jail if they do something illegal, like everyone, there is nothing else to do.
Posted Image
I am myself... At least I think so.

CreATiveHippo

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostNaughxius, on 18 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Put them in jail if they do something illegal, like everyone, there is nothing else to do.
The foreign governments send them back to their countries.This is not a solution.
Usually,gypsies are seen as thieves,criminals and rapists,which isn't 100% true.

View Postdanthonywalker, on 18 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I looked up Gypsies on Wikipedia for answers, I failed to find anything related to a Gypsy union. Please, clarify for me.
They are also known as the Romani people.
<- This is a crow wearing a suit and dancing on the music of Bo Diddley. Your arguments are invalid.

Durracel
    Durracel

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3802 posts
  • Minecraft: Durracel

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

What laws are they breaking?
the secret of flyiing
Spoiler:
Posted Image

CreATiveHippo

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostDurracel, on 19 December 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Don't you read the news?

Chapatrap
  • Minecraft: Chapatrap

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Gypsies.....not very PC. Call 'em Travellers.

I personally know a few families of Travellers and they struggle to get jobs, let alone get rich.

Irish Travellers are as Irish as anyone else in Ireland, they just have a different culture.
Join the RPGuild. Be a lad. Do it for me and for your western freedoms. Lub u all.

Toastedspikes
  • Minecraft: Toastedspikes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostChapatrap, on 19 December 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Gypsies.....not very PC. Call 'em Travellers.

I personally know a few families of Travellers and they struggle to get jobs, let alone get rich.

Irish Travellers are as Irish as anyone else in Ireland, they just have a different culture.

Travellers are not Gypsies. They are two completely different ethnic groups that have nothing to do with each other apart from their way of life. The correct term for Gypsies is Roma or Romani. Romani stem from nomadic cultures in Northwest India and Pakistan, Travellers stem from displaced Irish clans from a few hundred years ago.
Posted Image
Calling a human illegal is the most ridiculous thing. ­ The concept of "illegal immigration" is the cancer of society. No borders, no nations, no deportations.

Avalen
    Avalen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Minecraft: Avalen

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yes the Romani are a problem for many EU countries. Most of the recent ones that have drifted here have only set up organized crime rackets who use elderly women begging on the streets to make money. Obviously I can't provide reliable information for the whole EU but when I went to Rome last summer the same beggars were all around there too and I hear a lot about them in news flocking in hordes over the Romanian border to get to the EU.

And all that I know about travellers is that a group of them almost assaulted my parents in Ireland while they were taking photos nearby a few years back.

EDIT: No, I'm not saying all Romani are criminals and no, I'm not saying all travellers do is beat random people.

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

I've heard theft is quite common in Europe. Especially with Gypsies (not that all of them do it, of course. Or even most of them. I'm sure most are law-abiding, just like everyone else.) A buddy of mine spending a vacation in France got robbed on the beach after someone came up and distracted him by asking for a lighter while a couple more went around back and took everything.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

CreATiveHippo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostTheEvanCat, on 20 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

I've heard theft is quite common in Europe. Especially with Gypsies (not that all of them do it, of course. Or even most of them. I'm sure most are law-abiding, just like everyone else.) A buddy of mine spending a vacation in France got robbed on the beach after someone came up and distracted him by asking for a lighter while a couple more went around back and took everything.
It happened to me too.

jacobdb
    jacobdb

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 6289 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostTheEvanCat, on 20 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

this is anecdotal evidence...

besides, your a tourist? in 90% of the world, you will get robbed if you are a tourist.

odiedodi
    odiedodi

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7391 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

If someone comes into my country illegally, but they get rich, I fail to see the problem. It's when they come in and traffick drugs and partake in gang activities that I have a problem.  How is a rich illegal a burden to the system? If they're rich, they probably aren't on welfare.
Posted Image

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postjacobdb, on 21 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

this is anecdotal evidence...

besides, your a tourist? in 90% of the world, you will get robbed if you are a tourist.

Did you read the post? I said that's what I've heard (and thus was wanting someone to verify it), not that it's correct. Also, it didn't happen to me.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

TheShadowDancer

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostDurracel, on 19 December 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

The right question would be "which laws they aren't breaking" xD

Judging from the gypsies in my country (and neighborhood), they can't get integrated to our community because they don't want to. They are willing to get involved in many illegal activities (such as stealing cables and burning them to get the copper) than work like everybody else. And because of that, they are a burden wherever they go.

I've heard that France and Denmark have support programs for them but they don't work because they use them just as another method to take money. Same goes for schools, if a goverment gives benefits to gypsies for signing their kids to school (so they can integrate), all they do is sign their kids, take the money and the kid never goes to school again.

Perosnally, I never had a problem with them but that's probably because I do my best to avoid them whenever possible.

There are obviously exceptions to the rule, but I've yet to hear a good thing about this ethnic group. In my opinion, the EU should cut all support to them, it's just a waste of money.
Posted Image

toast_burner

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostTheShadowDancer, on 24 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

The right question would be "which laws they aren't breaking" xD

Judging from the gypsies in my country (and neighborhood), they can't get integrated to our community because they don't want to. They are willing to get involved in many illegal activities (such as stealing cables and burning them to get the copper) than work like everybody else. And because of that, they are a burden wherever they go.

I've heard that France and Denmark have support programs for them but they don't work because they use them just as another method to take money. Same goes for schools, if a goverment gives benefits to gypsies for signing their kids to school (so they can integrate), all they do is sign their kids, take the money and the kid never goes to school again.

Perosnally, I never had a problem with them but that's probably because I do my best to avoid them whenever possible.

There are obviously exceptions to the rule, but I've yet to hear a good thing about this ethnic group. In my opinion, the EU should cut all support to them, it's just a waste of money.
Generalising is still just racism.

Nerevar
    Nerevar

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 6104 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I can't speak from personal experience as I live in the USA, but everything I hear of Gypsies - specifically in eastern Europe - is really negative stuff. A lot of them commit illegal activities and blackmail, and they'll take advantage of people in Bulgaria and Romania. I listen to an excellent commentator on Youtube who lives in Romania, and he basically says that >many< gypsies are horrible, horrible people.

-The Power to Destroy-

To_Make
    To_Make

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

From all these anecdotes, Romani people commit a lot of crime.

It may be because they are poorer than other Europeans, am right?

If so, I wonder why they are so poor...
This is not a signature.