• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

"/gamerule mobGriefing false" Wheat Destruction?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

qwertycreator

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

If I put "/gamerule mobGriefing false", will mobs be able to grief wheat farms?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Roadsguy
    Roadsguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1150 posts
  • Minecraft: Roadsguy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think so. mobGriefing prevents Endermen from picking up blocks and Creepers from destroying blocks (but not damaging).
Insert clever signature here.

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yep, they still can, crop trampling isn't technically mob griefing 'cause they don't do it on purpose and the game can't tell the difference between your feet and a mob's anyway!
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

qwertycreator

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostSefirah, on 18 December 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yep, they still can, crop trampling isn't technically mob griefing 'cause they don't do it on purpose and the game can't tell the difference between your feet and a mob's anyway!

I see. The game isn't very smart then.
Posted Image

Natecraft

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Unless the game considers Steve entity and an enemy mob entity the same thing, the game can tell the difference between Steve and a mob, and to keep mobs from trampling crops would only be the simplest of checks, so I would assume that if Mojang thought of mobs trampling crops when they made the mobGriefing rule, then mobs can't trample crops, but if they didn't think about it, obviously the mobs can trample crops.
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers