• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fear The Beast FTB Survival / Whitelist / No stealing or griefing / Mature

• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

BrandonBP

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I can't get it working. I'm going to a NY party. It'll be down at least until I can troubleshoot it some more. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wanted to get some playtime in tonight myself.

Happy New Year

Register or log in to remove.

roxaswaffle9

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Happy New Year from Sunny California!!
Luckily the world didn't end so we got no major earthquake that would have sunk Los Angeles to the bottom of the ocean.

Mcm0nopoly

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

LOL^

Happy new year!

testdrivers

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Happy New Years guys! Hopefully the server will be back up soon.

Ashokiller72

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

still down?:/

Closet
    Closet

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Minecraft: EvilCloset
  • Xbox:DistortedWheel

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Happy New Years ! Hope you fix the server soon Brandon !
Posted Image

BrandonBP

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ok, that was a huuuuge P.I.T.A. but the world is up and running. We have about a 5 hour rollback. I lost stuff from the last 5 hrs, too, so I apologize for the inconvenience and downtime. I got frustrated with the whole thing and shut it down to go to a New Years party last night.

This is what happened, because I think that it's important for you guys to know. We've had a griefer or two that think it's hilarious to use TNT on their neighbors' houses. Since there are no plugins for FTB, the only clues I can get to what happened come from the Forge logs which are like reading Chinese braille. So, I backed up the world and tried to change a value in the invtweaks.txt file from 46 to 0 for TNT. Apparently, the server didn't like this. At all. I couldn't restore the world last night or even get ANY of the saved worlds to work. Someone just logged in and told me that a slew of servers were down last night, so perhaps it was coincidental timing when this all happened that I couldn't get the server going again. I have no clue.

Any time I go to the FTB forums to ask a question, even if I get an answer at all, it's something vague like, "Just alter your config files, man." I suppose they heard some admin talk once about changing the .cfg files, so they think it's somehow helpful to tell me that.

But I do have a bead on who you griefers are. I know of the little feud that is ongoing with a few of you and who is part of it. I have told the server that if you want to build forts and have a war, then that's fine as long as all parties agree to the war beforehand. You haven't done that. You're sneaking over to your neighbor's house and "chicken bombing" or whatever it is you guys call it. THIS WILL STOP. If I have to erase the entire g*dd**n whitelist to make it stop, then I will. When you applied for this server, you read the large print on the title that says no griefing. This means that you are a liar if you agreed to sign up for a nongriefing server yet are now griefing.

From now on, I will start booting people if I even get a whiff of you griefing or stealing. I'm a guy that likes proof before I kick anyone, but since Bukkit and Forge can't seem to get along, I have no way of proving anything until someone comes out with a solution. This problem isn't unique to this server; it's a problem for all FTB admins. If you are found snooping around someone's house or going through a chest that isn't yours, then I will ban you on the spot. I haven't been sneaking around and TPing to spy on people because I've always hated when admins do that crap. But I am going to start watching all of you until we can find the bad guy. I'm not a mean fellow, but you have no business snooping around someone else's house. It's not fair to the honest players to whom I've promised an honest server to have a couple of jackholes blowing up their hard work.

If you enjoy this very stable, smooth server we have, then you'll abide by the rules you agreed to or else you're gone. You've been warned.

delirenzo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

In-Game Name: Delirenzo

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?: Yes, I've been playing with the tech mods for a good 5 months now.

What do you look for in a server?: Friendly and considerate players / Lag free gameplay / good community

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing? Yes I do. Trust me i hate being greifed so why would i do it to someone else

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server? Yes, wont bother me any trust me i got a bunch of foul language to contribute myself

Thank you for your time! Please consider adding me to your whitelist!

Xelthionzs

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

In-Game Name: Estakee

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?:
I have quite some experience yes, haven't gone in-depth though but I will learn along the way.

What do you look for in a server?:
I really enjoy the multiplayer environment of minecraft, I like singleplayer, but I really miss talking to other people while playing.

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing?
Ofcourse!

I would not even enjoy playing the game in an unfair way, I want to play multiplayer for a reason and that is to have fun with others, not to give them a bad time.

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server?
Yes, no prob :)

If you have a prior ban, then please explain your side of things:
I have not had any bans on servers.

Go here and read post 267. Put my last sentence in your whitelist application, so that I know you've read it. http://www.minecraft...0#entry20059023
I have read the entire post, I can't do more than agree, if it's the only way to find the griefer, it has to happen. here's the sentence: If you enjoy this very stable, smooth server we have, then you'll abide by the rules you agreed to or else you're gone. You've been warned.

Thanks for reading! Posted Image

BrandonBP

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Estakee and Delirenzo, you're in!

EDIT: The whitelist got nuked in the crash last night, so let me know if you've got troubles.

xILukasIx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

In-Game Name:
xILukasIx

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?:
I really don't have a clue, but find it pretty interesting!

What do you look for in a server?:
Helpful admins as well as moderators and members.
I'd really like to get into FTB, can't wait to try out all the machinery stuff!

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing?
Yes I do.
I have never accepted or understood griefing, it's just annoying at a VERY high level. Everyone that griefed on my server has always been banned instantly.

Of course, it just adds to the fun (when not used in every message) :-)

I don't play on other servers often, so: no bans!

And now your last sentence (the last two guys got it wrong lol):
You've been warned.

Lewisjay1

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

In-Game Name: Lewisjay1

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?: Yes, I have played it since its release and have played all of the different modpacks and have a good understand of most of the mods in the pack but would like to learn more about those which requiring coding e.g Computer craft

What do you look for in a server?: Well I specifically decide to apply for a whitelist on this server because of it being stated as a 'Mature Server' as I cant be bothered with young players doing stupid things and then denying them which has happenned before and I have been griefed many a time by young kids of which you would class as 'Noobs' :P and also I wanted one with a good community that will help eachother out and is friendly and can sustain a good server enviroment for fun and interesting times.

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing? ​Yes and this is why I look for whitelisted servers.

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server? Yes and glad that it is because If your annoyyed and express it on most servers and use any type  of foul language, you get banned.

If you have a prior ban, then please explain your side of things: I have never been banned and hopefully never will get banned.

You've been warned. Excerpt from post 267

Thank you for your consideration,
Lewisjay1

Plazmehh
    Plazmehh

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

In-Game Name: PlazmaXD

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?: Yes i have played a bit in a single player world and i also watch a lot of videos on it.

What do you look for in a server?: Survival aspect in minecraft also to show my work to others.

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing? Yes i would not steal or greif as i would not want it to happen to me.

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server? Yes im ok with it.

If you have a prior ban, then please explain your side of things: I have no previous bans on any servers.

You've been warned. From your post on 267

Markmaxwell

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

In-Game Name: harvz4

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?: Yes redpower and watching alot of youtube vids

What do you look for in a server?: Whitelist Secure Fun

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing? Yes Very much so

Yes, I do accept it, I don't find any harm to me if it's used its not a bother

Admin was ban crazy

You've been warned.

BrandonBP

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

xILukasIx, Lewisjay1, and PlazmaXD, we're glad to have you.

Harvz4, your ban was an autoban for destroying 10 honeypot griefer bait blocks. No thanks.

We've got quite a number of members online right now, so I'm going to stop accepting applications for the moment. Recruiting for this server is CLOSED. Thanks.

jacobie1108

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

In-Game Name: jacobie1108

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?: no

What do you look for in a server?: Friendly staff and uptime

Do you understand that there is no griefing or stealing? absolutely

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server? yes, i don't mind it

If you have a prior ban, then please explain your side of things: I don't have a prior ban
If you enjoy this very stable, smooth server we have, then you'll abide by the rules you agreed to or else you're gone. You've been warned.

Ugooki
    Ugooki

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

In-Game Name: Ugooki

Do you have any experience with the FTB modpack?:  Slight experience plus lots of videos watched about it.
What do you look for in a server?:  A mature server where everyone gets along, no little whiny children and just a place to have fun

Do you accept that foul language is allowed on this server? Yes of course, if anything this is great as its really annoying if a server bans people for foul language.

If you have a prior ban, then please explain your side of things: Never been banned

paradox554

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

is it just me or is the server off?

Fledge
    Fledge

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postparadox554, on 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

is it just me or is the server off?

no its down for me also