Latest News Article

* * * - - 1 votes

MCX360 Update Launch Date Revealed!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Posted Image

That's right, MCX360 is getting updated very soon!  How soon?  December 19th, 2012!  The latest update will bring the XBLA sandbox game nearly up to speed with the 1.0 release of PC Minecraft, including a ton of new features.

• Animal Breeding
  • Brewing
  • Experience Points
  • Enchanting
  • Mushroom Biome
  • Nether Fortresses
  • Skin animations

This is only scratching the surface of all the updates coming on the 19th, and let's not forget about all the awesome new avatars, coming soon!

It seems that every version of Minecraft is going through a series of very exciting changes as we approach the end of 2012.  PC Minecraft is edging ever-closer to the Modding API, Pocket Edition adds more blocks, tools, monsters, and features with every iteration, and MCX360 is rapidly closing the gap between itself and PC Minecraft, while adding some special goodies unique to itself.

Don't forget - when MCX360 updates, it will prompt you to patch the game.  Once it does, you are good to go!  Stay tuned as we bring you more exciting updates!  Check out all the update details by clicking here!

Register or log in to remove.

_LoneWolfe_
  • Minecraft: Bantha__Fodder
  • Xbox:ll LoneWolfe ll
  • PSN:PSP + PS2 FTW

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hello there update! That's a lot of nice stuff you're bringing along with you! Anyone else excited about the update?

"A sword yields no power if the person who wields it holds no courage."

Posted Image

LethalAnt
  • Minecraft: LethalAnt
  • Xbox:xXLethalAntXx

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

thatssssssss a nice update you have there...it would be a shame if it exxxxxxxxploded

The_Forgotten
  • Minecraft: Bubble_Man

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Well, it's slowly catching up, little by little. That's nice.
Posted Image

xBuck92x
    xBuck92x

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: Buck92

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

nice update but personally I still think minecraft for the xbox360 was a terrible idea and two itll never catch up to the PC version for a LONG while yet....
The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

trakmiro
  • Minecraft: trakmiro

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Come on, now XBOX gets ANIMATED skins in addition to skin transparency??

When are PC's skins gonna be updated at all??
Posted Image

thekiwihead

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Posttrakmiro, on 18 December 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

Come on, now XBOX gets ANIMATED skins in addition to skin transparency??

When are PC's skins gonna be updated at all??

Agreed. I demand Minecraft PC edition to update their skins. Now.
HoHoHo - Santa Claus came late last year :(

RurouniTim
  • Minecraft: RurouniTim
  • Xbox:RurouniTim

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

I don't see the End in those changes, so I don't really see the benefit to adding nether fortresses (Besides potions which aren't really that useful in my honest opinion). I'm wondering if it will still be possible to make eyes of Ender that lead to the stronghold. That's one feature that might wait until end portals are added.

I'm looking forward to Enchanting and breeding though. I'm curious to know if 4j is going to be adding the enchanting system from 1.3 where the level cap is 30, or if they're keeping levels like they were in 1.0. They have a habit of moving some things over from future updates.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the update. Good job 4j
Imma sign my name because you TOTALLY can't read it right above my profile pic and everyone loves to see more of my name.

-RurounileftyTim

Drurison
    Drurison

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Minecraft: Drurison

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Proof?

RurouniTim
  • Minecraft: RurouniTim
  • Xbox:RurouniTim

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostDrurison, on 18 December 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Proof?
1) Main page article. These things tend to be pretty legit.
2) http://playxbla.com/minecraft-update/ and https://twitter.com/4JStudios
Imma sign my name because you TOTALLY can't read it right above my profile pic and everyone loves to see more of my name.

-RurounileftyTim

Chaospillager
  • Minecraft: Chaospillager
  • Xbox:HazardousFiend

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Why do the PE and MCXBOX getting exclusives and the PC version getting none? Let's list!

PE: Nether reactor

XBOX: Skin transparency and animations

PC: Nothing :P

The only good thing the PC version gets is faster updates, but I don't like the new Minecraft. The feel has changed from "Vanilla" to "MODS, MODS AND MORE MODS!". I don't say I completely hate it, I just don't like how much it's changed. THANK GOD FOR VERSION CHANGERS! Maybe a mod to disable certain items and things in games too would be nice :). I've had a good time typing this!
Posted Image

Dooni
    Dooni

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 633 posts
  • Minecraft: Doonyolyo
  • Xbox:Mr Doony

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostChaospillager, on 18 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

Why do the PE and MCXBOX getting exclusives and the PC version getting none? Let's list!

PC: Nothing Posted Image

The only good thing the PC version gets is faster updates, but I don't like the new Minecraft. The feel has changed from "Vanilla" to "MODS, MODS AND MORE MODS!". I don't say I completely hate it, I just don't like how much it's changed. THANK GOD FOR VERSION CHANGERS! Maybe a mod to disable certain items and things in games too would be nice Posted Image. I've had a good time typing this!
You pretty much summed up everything that the PC version has over the other ports: "MODS, MODS AND MORE MODS!"
And to anyone saying we should have skin transparency, think about the people that would abuse it to be invisible.

Posted Image

Shzl
    Shzl

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: Shzl

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostChaospillager, on 18 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

PC: Nothing Posted Image

Well, I don't have MC on Xbox, so I do not know for certain- but you can't create your own skin on the xbox can you? I thought that you can only use skins made by 4j- and then you have to buy them. Consoles have the DLC curse that PCs have thankfully avoided.

Being able to make your own skin cannot happen on the same platform as being able to have transparancy in your skin. It would simply be abused. I do agree that something new would be nice- say for example this- http://www.minecraft...tail-arms-legs/

Oh, an the PE doesn't even have the nether- the nether reactor was a less laggy alternative to the nether. Which would you rather have?

Chaospillager
  • Minecraft: Chaospillager
  • Xbox:HazardousFiend

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostDooni, on 18 December 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

You pretty much summed up everything that the PC version has over the other ports: "MODS, MODS AND MORE MODS!"
And to anyone saying we should have skin transparency, think about the people that would abuse it to be invisible.

View PostShzl, on 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Well, I don't have MC on Xbox, so I do not know for certain- but you can't create your own skin on the xbox can you? I thought that you can only use skins made by 4j- and then you have to buy them. Consoles have the DLC curse that PCs have thankfully avoided.

Being able to make your own skin cannot happen on the same platform as being able to have transparancy in your skin. It would simply be abused. I do agree that something new would be nice- say for example this- http://www.minecraft...tail-arms-legs/

Oh, an the PE doesn't even have the nether- the nether reactor was a less laggy alternative to the nether. Which would you rather have?

I just... realised... I don't need to bother with complaining. I have a good game. A playable game. Why would I need exclusives. It's perfect, just the way it is (love?)
Posted Image

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: KingTrygon

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

The PC features exclusive is quite simply that it is over a year ahead the other versions in terms of development. The x-box is getting game systems that we have had for so long it is beyond old news.

NinjaStorm2000

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I dont really like Xbox Minecraft because 2 reasons 1st PC WAS FIRST AND BETTER AND US PLAYERS WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!!! 2nd reason is all my friends who play Xbox Minecraft always keep trying to tell me things about minecraft that i knew like 5 months ago!!!!!  
as u can tell i hate xbox minecraft i only play it to troll little kids

harribt
    harribt

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Very exciting! Can't wait to get it! But why not have same features on PC???
Posted Image

Flynnie_1

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postharribt, on 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Very exciting! Can't wait to get it! But why not have same features on PC???

because xbox is just....................cool

theres no end :( i can't wait intill its out!!!

nitrocrafter
  • Minecraft: nitrocrafterMF

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

That MCXbox sign made me think of mince pie.
Posted Image

SelectedLime375

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hooray for breeding and skin animations!!!:)

Posted Image