Short list of included features...
- A 'Quick Build' command based world editor to make creating structures simple
- Edit player skulls to have custom heads
- Edit books title and author to how ever you please and revert a written book into a editable one
- Edit the settings of spawners to have custom player detection, max delay, min delay etc
- Create custom villager shops and more
- Apply potion effects onto item potions and customize their colour, type and type/amount of effects the potion has
- Apply crazy enchantments to any item
- Fill dispensers with a click of a button
- Edit an item name and lore choosing colour and text (Coming Soon)
- Many more, download the mod to make your adventure map a reality!
Adfoc.us (To download the mod click on link then wait 7 seconds and click the skip button in the top right)
Map Making Tools v2.0.3a - Minecraft 1.6.2
Map Making Tools v2.0.2b - Minecraft 1.6.2
Map Making Tools v2.0.1a - Minecraft 1.6.2
Map Making Tools v2.0.0a - Minecraft 1.6.2
Map Making Tools v1.5.0a - Minecraft 1.5.2 (Not supported any more)
For the changelog please see this page.
The source code of 'Map Making Tools' is publicly available on Github to allow modders to learn from my code or even for people to contribute to the code of the mod. You can find the git at https://github.com/P.../MapMakingTools. Note this does not give you instant permissions for adding this mod to public mod packs, please sent me a request via PM and I will consider.
*This installation instructions are for 1.6 and higher due to the way forge is now installed*
- Make sure you have the new Minecraft launcher and have run 1.6 at least once.
- Then download a version of forge from this link.
- Once you have the jar file of minecraft forge's website open it up.
- Select the 'Install client option and click ok'
- Minecraft forge is now installed!
- Now open up the launcher and in the profile selector select 'Forge', login and run Forge 1.6.2. (May take a while)
- Close Minecraft once it is open and find you Minecraft installation directory (PC : %appadata%/.minecraft, MAC : minecraft folder)
- In the .minecraft folder will now be a mods folder, in that mods folder create a folder named '1.6.2' or whatever version of minecraft you are running.
- Download Map Making Tools mod from the link above and drag n' drop it in the '1.6.2' folder.
- Run minecraft throught the new laucher and enjoy!
Quick Build System
This system was inspired by the server side mod 'World Edit', but I assure you that it is completely all my code and has some fundamental differences and new features.
First you will need to get yourself a Wooden axe and be in creative mode. Then to select the two points. To know you have done it right a variation of these two messages should appear when you left/right click on a block.
Position 1 set at (50, 5, 50), 0 blocks selected.
Position 2 set at (100, 10, 100), 12500 blocks selected.
A black line will now outline the selected area, it will only be visible when holding the Wooden axe.
Another thing to note is that if there is no block where you want to select then you can do these commands to set the position where your feet are.
//pos1 x y z or //pos2 x y z If you don't specify the x, y and z pos1 or pos2 to will be set you your current location.
Once you have two points selected there are a some commands you can do to edit the blocks within the selected area with more commands to come. All commands that are in the 'Quick Build' system will have // instead of / when typing the command. These are the commands and are pretty self explanatory.
//set ID:META This will set the entire area to the specified block id and meta.
//floor ID:META This will set the bottom layer to the specified block id and meta.
//roof ID:META [/font] [font=georgia, serif]This will set the top layer to the specified block id and meta.
//undo [/font] [font=georgia, serif]Any action taken using the 'Quick Build' system will be reverted to it's original state.
//redo If you undo anything that will be redone to how it was.
//copy Will copy the selected area ready to be pasted.
//paste Will paste the last copied selection relative to where you were when you copied it.
//rotate ROTATION Will rotate the last copied area and when pasted the effects will take place. Variable ROTATION must be a multiple of 90.
//clearselections Will deselect position 1 and 2.
(WIP) //convert-to-java FILE_NAME Will convert the selected area to java code and save it in the minecraft installation location under the file name which you specified.
//setbiome BIOME Will set the selected area the specified biome.
In v2.0.2a I improved the Block Id helper so you hover over the block that in that huge list and it will tell you the name and id. From there you can type the id in manualy to the chat or you can right click on the selected block it insert it's id straight into chat to be used for the 'Quick Build' commands. If you haven't seen it yet, feast for eyes!
This is mean to allow you to edit item nbt data easily. This is still a WIP and so is not complete. To edit and item open you inventory and click 'M' (Configurable in controls menu) above the item you want to edit. (It must be a slot from you inventory) it will bring this menu up. Currently you can edit
- Item Name
- Item Damage
- Don't worry much more coming soon
Creating Custom Heads
The steve head can also be changed into anybody's head and placed it the world and will have the skin from there head. First get yourself a head and shift right click with it in your hand. It will bring up this GUI which you can enter the username of the players skin you want. (Do not usernames are CASE SENSITIVE).
Click 'Ok' and place in the world! As with the steve head you can place the custom head on your head and it will render that players head.
Using the Wrench Item
The wrench allows you to edit blocks and entities that can storage extra data to give them 'special' ability. To open up the GUI simply right click on a valid entity or block. It looks like this and depending on what you click on the tabs will be different!
One of the blocks that works is the mob spawner, which can be got by doing the command /give USERNAME 52, as of v2.0.0a there are 4 tabs with the default pig spawner... They are
- Mob Type
- Spawner Settings
- Entity Velocity
- Entity Spawn Location
In those tabs you can edit the different properties about those blocks in a very user friendly situation. If you change the mob to creeper for example when you open the GUI back up there will be new tabs. In the creepers case you will get 'Creeper Explosion Properties'. For Zombies/Skeletons/Zombie Pigmen you will get 2 new tabs 'Mob Armor' and 'Baby Monster'.
For the mob armor you can give them a custom held item, helmet, chestplate, leggings and boots. The armor slots to the right is your armor. Do note that most slots that are with in the spawner are phantom slots, which means you can put items in it but you will not loss it from your inventory.
You can also right click on some entities, for example villagers they will allow you to customize what they sell. You can use the '+' a '-' buttons to add and remove the number of trades. The top slot of each column is the first sell item, the middle slot is the second sell item and the bottom slot is the item you are buying. Click OK to set the trades. You can also set the amount of times the trade can be used by right and left clicking on the ? button below the trade.
There will be many more tabs being added to the filter GUI over the coming versions, but for now here is the list of things you can edit using the wrench.
- Inventory Block - Fill the inventory with a item with a stack size of -1
- Dispensors & Droppers - Convert one the other and vias versa
- Chest - Make the inventory symmetrical as possible
- Signs - Edit text after placed and add colours etc
- Spawners - Choose the mob is spawns
- Spawners - Change the timings and other properties
- Spawners - Mob Velcity
- Spawners - Mob spawn location
- Spawners (Monsters) - Turn them into babys
- Spawners (Monsters) - Add held item and armor
- Spawners (Creepers) - Have custom explosion properties
- Spawners (Item) - Set the item to spawn
- Spawners (Potions) - Set the potion that spawns
- Command Blocks - Custom Alias with colours etc
- Villager - Create custom shops