Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

ModLoader or Forge download links


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

If anyone could post a couple of links to the correct modload or forge download websites that would be great Im not finding the correct sites apparently. Thanks!
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#2

DiegoAtravesar
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: DiegoAtravesar

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Risugami's ModLoader
Minecraft Forge

These will take You to the pages where You can find the download links. :)
Servers I play on: NearbyNation Sub Server
Current Project: Universal Configs (On hold currently)

#3

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Aight thanks!
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#4

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Weeeeelll got em both and did the mod installation and still nothing worked. Mods suck
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#5

DiegoAtravesar
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: DiegoAtravesar

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 17 December 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Weeeeelll got em both and did the mod installation and still nothing worked. Mods suck
What mods are You looking to Use?

Just so You know, Modloader and Forge are incompatible, If You install both of them Your Minecraft will always break.
Servers I play on: NearbyNation Sub Server
Current Project: Universal Configs (On hold currently)

#6

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostDiegoAtravesar, on 17 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

What mods are You looking to Use?

Just so You know, Modloader and Forge are incompatible, If You install both of them Your Minecraft will always break.
Lovveeeelllllyyyyy I tried one, and that failed, so i tried the next and that didnt work either. So I tried em both that STILL didnt work and I gave up. The mods I have in the minecraft.jar file right now are Dzharks Mo Creatures Mod and Toomanyitems. Along with the recent Christmas mod and the Amnesia Mod but thats outdated.
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#7

oElkien
    oElkien

    Oh-elk-e-en

  • Retired Staff
  • 1067 posts
  • Location: Wales, UK
  • Minecraft: oElkien
  • Xbox:oElkien

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 19 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Lovveeeelllllyyyyy I tried one, and that failed, so i tried the next and that didnt work either. So I tried em both that STILL didnt work and I gave up. The mods I have in the minecraft.jar file right now are Dzharks Mo Creatures Mod and Toomanyitems. Along with the recent Christmas mod and the Amnesia Mod but thats outdated.

Installing Minecraft mods can be frustrating if you're not used to it, but you can more than likely find a tutorial on HOW to intall them if you're not too sure.

Here's an example and please excuse this if you already know.

Mo' Creatures has a section on how to intall the Mo' Creatures mod.

Spoiler:


It may also be beneficial to tell us if you get any error messages and such when attemting to install.
(quote to "guarantee" a response)

#8

DiegoAtravesar
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: DiegoAtravesar

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 19 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Lovveeeelllllyyyyy I tried one, and that failed, so i tried the next and that didnt work either. So I tried em both that STILL didnt work and I gave up. The mods I have in the minecraft.jar file right now are Dzharks Mo Creatures Mod and Toomanyitems. Along with the recent Christmas mod and the Amnesia Mod but thats outdated.

Well, As for the amnesia mod You won't be able to get that working if it's outdated;

As for Mo' creatures, that requires forge to be installed into the .jar. The Mo' creatures file itself actually doesn't get installed into the jar(Most forge mods don't go in it anymore), but rather into the "Mods" folder that is created in Your .minecraft folder.

It also requires the CustomMobSpawner mod, and the GUIAPI mod to be installed(GUIAPI goes in the jar, and CustomMobSpawner goes in the mods folder) in order for it to run correctly.

I'm not sure how TMI acts with Forge, but I know that NEI(The alternative) works well with Forge, and is very simple to install. You just put the NEI file(and the CodeChickenCore file it needs to run properly) from ChickenBones Thread on the Minecraft Forums into the coreMods folder(It will be in the .minecraft folder).

After installing Forge, run Your minecraft with just forge before adding anything else to be sure Forge is installed correctly, and to have all the aforementioned folders be generated. Posted Image

I hope this helps, if You have any more troubles, any error reports/crashlogs You get would greatly help us help You. Posted Image
Servers I play on: NearbyNation Sub Server
Current Project: Universal Configs (On hold currently)

#9

c0rrupted_one
  • Location: In a massive underground jungle village.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostDiegoAtravesar, on 17 December 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

Risugami's ModLoader
Minecraft Forge

These will take You to the pages where You can find the download links. Posted Image

Curious about this.. I click on Releases, and the page that have Forge 1.4.6 is there. Do I download Universal and does that allow me to install Redpower 2 pre 6? I never have really installed mods manually, except for way back in the day, now I use modpacks; and, is Forge completely well known and safe? I know it is, just making sure...
Thanks

Stop worrying so much,

worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want to.


#10

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

OK just let me say how I attempt to instal mods. I go to %appdata%, open roaming, go to bin, open minecraft exectuable jar file with winRAR, I keep mods in a separate folder, I move the extracted mods into the minecraft executalbe jar file. What else?
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#11

c0rrupted_one
  • Location: In a massive underground jungle village.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ok.
get to your minecraft.jar
open it, and DELETE THE META INF.
Drag in the class files and stuff from forge
rename the minecraft folder to minecraft.jar if neccessary
it SHOULD work, this is what I do.
With any mod you install to the jar you need to make sure that the file with the mods has a .jar after it, not just minecraft______. Also, you almost always have to delete the meta inf.
PS: Are you a newbie to Minecraft mods? ;P

Stop worrying so much,

worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want to.


#12

DiegoAtravesar
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: DiegoAtravesar

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

View Poststalling9, on 21 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Curious about this.. I click on Releases, and the page that have Forge 1.4.6 is there. Do I download Universal and does that allow me to install Redpower 2 pre 6? I never have really installed mods manually, except for way back in the day, now I use modpacks; and, is Forge completely well known and safe? I know it is, just making sure...
Thanks
Yes, Forge is safe. If You get the Universal edition of Forge for 1.4.6(recommended would likely have the best chance of success), You should be able to install RedPower without any issues, just be sure You're using Minecraft 1.4.6, and Forge for 1.4.6. :)


View PostDishonoredSoul, on 21 December 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

OK just let me say how I attempt to instal mods. I go to %appdata%, open roaming, go to bin, open minecraft exectuable jar file with winRAR, I keep mods in a separate folder, I move the extracted mods into the minecraft executalbe jar file. What else?
With Forge, the only mod You should really need to install into the .jar is the Forge mod. Like stalling9 says, just be sure to delete the META-INF before installing forge, otherwise things will act really bizarre, and generally won't work.

Make sure You check the installation instructions for each specific mod, as some do require being installed into special places(NEI goes in the core mods  folder), and they likely won't function if they aren't in the right place. :)
Servers I play on: NearbyNation Sub Server
Current Project: Universal Configs (On hold currently)

#13

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ok well im freakin cursed because nothing I do works just screws minecraft over. I did what all you said. Freakin mods should be easy. probably are to everyone but me. Suck a frooping duck. I did what you said and now minecraft sits at the updating screen. How can I revert minecraft back to original. Like reset everything. Because I ­ed someting up. So just tell me how to reset everything, and I can try to start over I really couldnt care less.
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#14

DiegoAtravesar
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: DiegoAtravesar

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 27 December 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Ok well im freakin cursed because nothing I do works just screws minecraft over. I did what all you said. Freakin mods should be easy. probably are to everyone but me. Suck a frooping duck. I did what you said and now minecraft sits at the updating screen. How can I revert minecraft back to original. Like reset everything. Because I ­ed someting up. So just tell me how to reset everything, and I can try to start over I really couldnt care less.
To get the "cleanest" possible fresh start, completely delete Your .minecraft folder, and run the MInecraft.exe file You download from the main minecraft.net website. That will generate everything from scratch. NOTE: This will delete all of Your SAVES, SCREENSHOTS, TEXTUREPACKS, and MODS that are currently in this folder. If there is anything You want to keep, rather than deleting the folder, just use the Cut(CTRL-X) command and Paste(CTRL-V) it somewhere else(Your desktop for instance). :)
Servers I play on: NearbyNation Sub Server
Current Project: Universal Configs (On hold currently)

#15

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image


#16

Felina_Lain
  • Location: Paris

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

You know an even more easy way is to download "Magic Launcher" with which you can use forge and still instal modloader mods.
Advantage: it doesn't modify your minecraft.jar so no risk of ruining your game or crashing it.
It also make installing mods much easier, you just tell Magiclauncher 'add', you pick your mod. The software tell you if it's outdated, working or not, with how many error etc... (for the note, it tell you Forge get 1 error but it's just a problem of screen that I find really easy to ignore)

If a mod is buggy or making you game crash you can take it off just by clicking delete... and you can even test each mod before launching the game?

What more can you ask?

#17

watsonj11

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 19 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Lovveeeelllllyyyyy I tried one, and that failed, so i tried the next and that didnt work either. So I tried em both that STILL didnt work and I gave up. The mods I have in the minecraft.jar file right now are Dzharks Mo Creatures Mod and Toomanyitems. Along with the recent Christmas mod and the Amnesia Mod but thats outdated.
Why are you trying to put the mods in minecraft.jar?
you put forge in minecraft.jar load up minecraft fully then put the mods in the folder called mods
if that crashes then put the crash report on your next post
alternativly just get tekkit instead here is the link:
http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

#18

Sharingan616

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Nonononononononononononononononononononono don't put anything in the minecraft.jar EXCEPT the forge mod.

After you have installed the forge mod you will find a "mods" folder in .minecraft. Drag and dropped the forge-version .zip file of the mod you are trying to install into this folder. Then you're done! Posted Image

This is what's so great about Forge. It allows you to install mods the same way you can install texture packs in vanilla minecraft.




Hope this helps. :)

Posted Image


#19

thethuls2

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

have you tried magicraft? it will keep all of your minecraft stuff, all you neen to do is add the mods. modloader/forge is still needed

#20

topazmarauder

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postwatsonj11, on 31 January 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Why are you trying to put the mods in minecraft.jar?
you put forge in minecraft.jar load up minecraft fully then put the mods in the folder called mods
if that crashes then put the crash report on your next post
alternativly just get tekkit instead here is the link:
http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/
what folder called mods?

never mind