• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

USES FOR LAPIS

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

post any use for lapis you can think of, like hears mine, land mark, make a torch, but use lapis instead of coal, then you could use the finder, a compass but lapis instead of iron use lapis in the reacpy. the finder will point toword the landmark, well whats your idea. post it heare

oh and you will have to set the landmark and the finder number, finders point to land marks of the same number

Register or log in to remove.

Unther
    Unther

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Minecraft: iByro

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Instead you should use a Lapis Lazuli block since you basicly get 10-12 lapis lazuli per veins.
Nice idea though!

DragonFlyerz
  • Minecraft: JadeRanger
  • Xbox:Dragon Flyerz

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostBLAZERLINK3000, on 16 December 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

post any use for lapis you can think of, like hears mine, land mark, make a torch, but use lapis instead of coal, then you could use the finder, a compass but lapis instead of iron use lapis in the reacpy. the finder will point toword the landmark, well whats your idea. post it heare
Hey this isn't actually a bad idea.
Posted Image

D3SuME
    D3SuME

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Minecraft: D3SuME

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Lapis Lazuli Block tools and armor, better than iron but not that diamond and pickaxe can pick obsidian but takes 20 or 25 segs

Amosfriend
  • Minecraft: Amosfriend
  • Xbox:Bah, who needs Xbox?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostD3SuME, on 16 December 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Lapis Lazuli Block tools and armor, better than iron but not that diamond and pickaxe can pick obsidian but takes 20 or 25 segs

*Cough cough horrible cough*.....

Why does everyone want new tools that have no use? A "lapiz lazuli" pick would be weaker than anything. If I want a blue pick, I make a diamond one. If I want blue armor, I dye it.

NeroSuicider

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

A use for lapiz....wait...there is already one -.- blue wool....dye leather, but if you must have a new one...Lapiz bricks, would look nicer than the original lapiz, works just like stone bricks.

Artifact123

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

A height meter for people who can't F3. It could also possibly tell what ores can be found on the layer you're on.
My suggestions:

Cobwebs in spider dungeons: http://www.minecraft...pider-dungeons/

Pencilshavings5
  • Minecraft: Pencilshavigns5

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Meh, this  suggestion needs more meat to it.  How would the landmark/compass react to multiple landmarks/compasses?

Like idea, great start, but needs more detail.
Hey, if you want to make sure I saw what you said, quote me on it.

mrpeanut403

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

lapis (IRL) is a semi-rare gemstone that is often used in decore, and rings. lapis is a hetrogenus mixture of metals and is a rock, NOT a crystal. Lapis in its rock form is rated a 5-5.5 on the mohs hardness scale, which is 1 unit higher than ironore, so tools are logical. lapis cannot be used as dye under normal circumstances, so dye is a little off the realism levels. lapis in its raw forn is also dull, and it will relfect about as much light as pressed plastic, so torches made out of it are just as silly as dye. lapis has a high density, so thaat contributes to the idea of tools, but i think lapis has a good future in redstoning. specifically, as a motor that can turn blocks (torque) or lift blocks along a rail (uhh.... up and down or sideways) the lapis would make lapis gears:
Posted Image (makes 4 gears)
and in turn the gears would be used to make a gearbox (flint is gears)
Posted Image(finally a use for all that stockpiled iron!!!)
and with a motor:
Posted Image(makes 1)
and combine the (wool = gearbox and brick is motor)
Posted Image
makes a motor block, where, blocks tethered together by rope:
Posted Image(makes 2)
by right clicking a 'rope will be aded to the blocks around it and the 'roped' blocks would move as one when moved by a motor or a piston moved it (HEY, that could be its own suggestion!!).
so, there you go, a use for lapis. hope you like Posted Image
edit1: grammar.
Posted Image
Redstone wars bracket: http://challonge.com/zdgf3jd5

EndermanReviews
  • Minecraft: InsaneRandomness

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postmrpeanut403, on 16 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

lapis (IRL) is a semi-rare gemstone that is often used in decore, and rings. lapis is a hetrogenus mixture of metals and is a rock, NOT a crystal. Lapis in its rock form is rated a 5-5.5 on the mohs hardness scale, which is 1 unit higher than ironore, so tools are logical. lapis cannot be used as dye under normal circumstances, so dye is a little off the realism levels. lapis in its raw forn is also dull, and it will relfect about as much light as pressed plastic, so torches made out of it are just as silly as dye. lapis has a high density, so thaat contributes to the idea of tools, but i think lapis has a good future in redstoning. specifically, as a motor that can turn blocks (torque) or lift blocks along a rail (uhh.... up and down or sideways) the lapis would make lapis gears:
Posted Image (makes 4 gears)
and in turn the gears would be used to make a gearbox (flint is gears)
Posted Image(finally a use for all that stockpiled iron!!!)
and with a motor:
Posted Image(makes 1)
and combine the (wool = gearbox and brick is motor)
Posted Image
makes a motor block, where, blocks tethered together by rope:
Posted Image(makes 2)
by right clicking a 'rope will be aded to the blocks around it and the 'roped' blocks would move as one when moved by a motor or a piston moved it (HEY, that could be its own suggestion!!).
so, there you go, a use for lapis. hope you like Posted Image
edit1: grammar.

Would be a cool mod, but doesnt fit in vanilla.
You play League of Legends? Watch and subscribe!

XNaturalistX

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostArtifact123, on 16 December 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

A height meter for people who can't F3. It could also possibly tell what ores can be found on the layer you're on.

If you're on a mac, "fn + F3". I think PC is just "F3"
Im not addicted. I can stop whenever the game lets me.

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostPencilshavings5, on 16 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Meh, this  suggestion needs more meat to it.  How would the landmark/compass react to multiple landmarks/compasses?

Like idea, great start, but needs more detail.
fixed your problem, look at the topic

Pencilshavings5

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBLAZERLINK3000, on 16 December 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

fixed your problem, look at the topic

It would work, though I had another idea, How about the Finder points to the point at which it was created? Then, use the anvil to change the name of the Finder to the name of the location it is linked to.

Arkansyl
    Arkansyl

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: Zeckariah

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Jewelry. Jewelry has been suggested many times, but I think it would be a good use for lapis. You would take a ring of iron ingots around a lapis block. This would make an iron ring. You could then enchant them with minor enchantments like protection I, blast protection I, feather falling I. It wouldn't have any of the enchantments that wouldn't make much sense like sharpness, fire aspect, or infinity. In order for the ring to take effect, it would have to be in your hot bar. Whenever the enchantment came into effect, the ring would lose durability. So for example, if it was enchanted with protection, whenever you got hit it would lose a good amount of durability. You would also be able to create a gold ring, using the same recipe except replacing the iron with gold. The gold would have less durability, but more enchantability.
Posted Image  Please save my dragon! Click it!

Posted Image

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostPencilshavings5, on 16 December 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

It would work, though I had another idea, How about the Finder points to the point at which it was created? Then, use the anvil to change the name of the Finder to the name of the location it is linked to.
i don't exactly understand what your saying here, like, it points to the crafting table it was made at, maybe, but most players will make the finder at there house, and then i will just be a compass.

Pencilshavings5

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostBLAZERLINK3000, on 16 December 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

i don't exactly understand what your saying here, like, it points to the crafting table it was made at, maybe, but most players will make the finder at there house, and then i will just be a compass.

You craft these Finders on a crafting table, The block it was crafted on, a crafting table, is the point it will locate. Even if the table is removed/replaced with a different block the Finder will still point to where it was created.  The Linking books in the mystcraft mod may help you understand this. You put a book in any crafting gui (even the one in your inventory) and it will turn into a linking book.  Then you do some other stuff to it..... Eventually when you right click the book it will teleport you to where it was made.

PrimeEchoes
  • Minecraft: PrimeEchoes
  • PSN:cobaltrevolver65

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Maybe the Lapis blocks can be used for beacons.

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostPrimeEchoes, on 16 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Maybe the Lapis blocks can be used for beacons.
  not bad, but lapis is just as common as diamonds, and you get more

View PostPencilshavings5, on 16 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

You craft these Finders on a crafting table, The block it was crafted on, a crafting table, is the point it will locate. Even if the table is removed/replaced with a different block the Finder will still point to where it was created.  The Linking books in the mystcraft mod may help you understand this. You put a book in any crafting gui (even the one in your inventory) and it will turn into a linking book.  Then you do some other stuff to it..... Eventually when you right click the book it will teleport you to where it was made.
yes, ok, i played technic for a while and it had linking books. but i like the idea of and land mark, and it stops you from having to take the crafting table to your cave/village/mountan/farm/lava pool

Pencilshavings5

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostBLAZERLINK3000, on 16 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

not bad, but lapis is just as common as diamonds, and you get more

yes, ok, i played technic for a while and it had linking books. but i like the idea of and land mark, and it stops you from having to take the crafting table to your cave/village/mountan/farm/lava pool

Okay, could it be possible to right click were you want it to guide you after you've crafted it?

tommyturtle

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Lapis lazuli crafting bench.

Made by surrounding a normal crafting bench with lapis lazuli blocks. It could have a 4x4 crafting area for even more possibilities.
You do realize the only person who uses your banner is you.