13 replies to this topic

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Minecraft: robinod

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

As we all know, Witches are rare.. erm, Testificates who do not like people. They attack on sight, and are generally very mean.

I'll cut to the chase: Wizards! They are Villagers who live either in or near villages, and will sell you enchanted books and things like Glowstone and Redstone. They are friendly, but will throw fireballs (Just like Ghasts and Blazes) when you or a Zombie attacks them or other villagers. They have the same health as Villagers and will hit with the same fireball ah ghasts, only leave a smaller crater.

Warlocks: Same as Wizards, only live outside villages like witches and have a black robe colour (Wizards have blue) and will have a Magma Slime or Blaze as a minion.

That's about it, so, um yeah.. Leave any comments below.

Register or log in to remove.

AlyssaNights

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Wizards....BAD IDEA... Throwing fireballs around villages which are largely made of wood. This will not end well...

Warlocks, meh. Not enough detail. Them spawning magma slimes/blazes only really makes sense if they're nether dwellers. Throwing fireballs only works if their found in non-flammable areas and cannot burn.
Why do creepers only ever show up when you're building something important?

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostAlyssaNights, on 15 December 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Wizards....BAD IDEA... Throwing fireballs around villages which are largely made of wood. This will not end well...

Warlocks, meh. Not enough detail. Them spawning magma slimes/blazes only really makes sense if they're nether dwellers. Throwing fireballs only works if their found in non-flammable areas and cannot burn.

As I said, Wizards will leave a much smaller crater than ghasts, but you're right. Maybe they could just throw fireballs that won't start a fire and don't explode?

Also, Warclocks are the masters of the art of demonology and/or darkness, and often summon a minion to fight for them. Magma Cubes  and blazes seem like a very good candidate for a minion without adding another useless mob.

crazeenuthead
  • Minecraft: SirSilverShroud

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I kinda like this. I would also want to see vampire villagers too.
But maybe it is all getting overdone.
Half-support.
Pigmen - Raiders of the Overworld!
http://www.minecraft...orld-version-3/

nearbeer
    nearbeer

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Minecraft: nearbeer

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'd like the wizards if they spewed non-flammable/destructive fireballs like has been said.

And I think the warlocks are fine.

Yay, a way to defend villages without guard villagers!
I would love it if you checked out my "about me" page on my profile and looked at my threads :P I'm always happy to see new posters.

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Fighting villagers = not really. This is what the Iron Golem is for. If villages have these wizards, warlocks and Iron Golems, it's all too much.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Post0_Zippy, on 16 December 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

Fighting villagers = not really. This is what the Iron Golem is for. If villages have these wizards, warlocks and Iron Golems, it's all too much.

As I said, Warlocks do not live in Villages, and will fight Wizards when they get close to them (Arena Battles!) and the chance of a Wizard's study spawning in a village is half the chance of a Blacksmith spawning, and one wizard won't be strong enough to withstand a larger zombie siege.

Amosfriend
  • Minecraft: Amosfriend
  • Xbox:Bah, who needs Xbox?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I like what I see. This is very well thought out, Iron golems don't actually help all that much. They wander off, get stuck, etc. A rare wizard would be cool to have, so long as he doesn't replace the priest.

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

New suggestion that may be added to the OP: Vampires!

They live in small groups of 3 to 5 in decorated chambers that spawn at the end of caves and are neutral. They attack in groups like pigmen and will burn in sunlight. They have the same health as endermen but hit for two hearts. They drop vampire dust which can be used for some sort of potion (Open for suggestions) and vampire badges, which are like trophies and Priest villagers can enchant your weapon if you give them some.

Fortanono
  • Minecraft: purplebuzzard

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I've got some ideas for this. The wizard will buy potion ingredients, and sell potions. It will also enchant items, like Priests. The study would be a Witch Hut with an Enchantment Table and Brewing Stand instead of a Crafting Table and Cauldron. It will also have a chest with various potion ingredients, and a Nether Portal. Instead of throwing fireballs, how about it could turn into a Witch when attacked?
I supportPosted Image

WarPigsLukesWall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Can the wizard wear a white robe and live in a giant black tower surrounded by Uruk-Hai instead? :o
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Axelbrod

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I don't really think that this fits into Minecraft. You could say witches don't fit in either, and you might be right, but I think that adding wizards would lean a bit too much towards a fantasy theme.
Posted Image Yoda is saying that he liked 1.4.6

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostFortanono, on 18 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

I've got some ideas for this. The wizard will buy potion ingredients, and sell potions. It will also enchant items, like Priests. The study would be a Witch Hut with an Enchantment Table and Brewing Stand instead of a Crafting Table and Cauldron. It will also have a chest with various potion ingredients, and a Nether Portal. Instead of throwing fireballs, how about it could turn into a Witch when attacked?

That's a pretty good Idea, maybe they could have a chest with an enchanting tome or two inside it? Just another suggestion.

View PostWarPigsLukesWall, on 18 December 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Can the wizard wear a white robe and live in a giant black tower surrounded by Uruk-Hai instead? Posted Image

And we'll have to get two Testificate children (Shortest thing I could think of) and throw a heavily enchanted diamond pickaxe into a massive lava pool to defeat him?

#Iwentthere

licon4812

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

i love the idea of wizards and warlocks and vampires but one thing that will suck is wizards turning in to a witch

you have my full support
just don't make wizards tern into witches