• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.5] [64x] 2^6 Craft: A faithful 64*64 pack based on Vattic's 32*32 pack.

64x faithful 1.4.5 1.4

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

gondor2222

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Download at http://www.mediafire...6kdpezdq5kfkh9g

After Obisam's Obicraft pack (http://www.minecraft...faults-respect/) had its faithful status discontinued, I decided that I needed a 64x pack that could continue to update with the new versions. Finding none faithful enough for my tastes, I made my own using mostly Vattic's 32x32 textures.

Vattic's 32x32 pack terms of use:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:

There are some small differences between the original pack and my pack:
  • MC paintings that differed substantially from the originals by Kristoffer Zetterstrand (http://zetterstrand.com/) were replaced with 64x equivalents that more closely matched the original works, for example:
Spoiler:
  • I retextured mossy cobblestone so that it is literally a mossy cobblestone texture i.e. it now tiles with cobblestone.
  • I rearranged the bone structure on the skeleton mob to more accurately reflect a humanoid bone structure.
  • I replaced log textures with scaled and coloured real-life photographs of relevant logs (oak, pine, palm) except for the birch, which I added striations to.
  • I animated the redstone torch, furnace, torch, and jack-o-lantern textures, adding simple dynamic flickers and flames.
  • I redesigned the font; it is now halfwidth and resembles modern fonts more closely. This change will probably take a while to get used to for new users, and will prevent text art made on signs in the 16x and 32x texture packs from being seen properly in this pack.
  • The exp bar now has 20 segments instead of 18 to allow for easier calculation of how close you are to the next level.
There are still a few pieces that are unfinished:
  • Tabby,black cat,explosion,witch, zombie villager, moon textures remain 16x while enderdragon textures remain 32x
  • I had difficulty adding new detail to the wither painting, for which there seems to be no original Zetterstrand  painting- for now my 64x wither painting is unfinished. (If one of my readers would like to do this for me, I would gladly use it and add them to a list of contributions for it)

Register or log in to remove.

DZCreeper
  • Minecraft: DZCreeper

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Please note that the man above me speaks only for himself, I think some of these textures look great. I will be using the logs at least for my  own compiled pack that I use for myself.
Runs Forthwind TF2 server. Makes textures. AMA about running game servers.

-Freshmeat

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

I look forward to downloading this pack. There are many faithful packs, but each represent a different take, and the more packs we get, the higher the chance of finding something really good. This could be the one.

BloxmineXL
  • Minecraft: ABC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Nice
lol

HiTeeN
    HiTeeN

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Minecraft: HiTeeN

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Cool. I like it.

Write simple words. I do not speak English, I use a translator.
Posted Image

Synthesizer

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Very,well,done. Especially since no one has successfully made a 64x64 perfect faithful on the ore blocks. By that I mean the iron,gold,diamond,and emerald blocks. Though I'm not sure the creeper head fits the pack(though I would keep it). Since this is not fully done and prepared, I say this is great. All that needs to be done is the update and maybe some head tweaks. :P  Nice texture pack!
  Posted Image

Xtreemo
    Xtreemo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Minecraft: Xtreemo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

You should repost the terain.png as .jpg and put a watermark diagonally, or someone else will steal it.
Posted Image

Vaseyy
    Vaseyy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Good job with this texture pack Gondor! This is definitely my favourite 64x version of Faithful that i have used so far! I'l definitely be  using this when it is up to date :).

JedayPL
    JedayPL

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Minecraft: JedayPL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well, it just required one filter to be done... nothing special
Posted Image

Volack11
  • Minecraft: Volack

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostHiTeeN, on 22 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Cool. I like it.

I like how the guy with the 64x faithful just commented on another 64x faithful.
I'm a vegetarian. Problem, bacon?

Synthesizer

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostVolack11, on 25 February 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

I like how the guy with the 64x faithful just commented on another 64x faithful.
Same here xD, and especially since it wasn't mean, and very positive actually.
  Posted Image

PT123Calder
  • Minecraft: PersonTail123

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

1.5 anytime soon? thx

Posted Image

Posted Image