After Obisam's Obicraft pack (http://www.minecraft...faults-respect/) had its faithful status discontinued, I decided that I needed a 64x pack that could continue to update with the new versions. Finding none faithful enough for my tastes, I made my own using mostly Vattic's 32x32 textures.
There are some small differences between the original pack and my pack:
- MC paintings that differed substantially from the originals by Kristoffer Zetterstrand (http://zetterstrand.com/) were replaced with 64x equivalents that more closely matched the original works, for example:
- I retextured mossy cobblestone so that it is literally a mossy cobblestone texture i.e. it now tiles with cobblestone.
- I rearranged the bone structure on the skeleton mob to more accurately reflect a humanoid bone structure.
- I replaced log textures with scaled and coloured real-life photographs of relevant logs (oak, pine, palm) except for the birch, which I added striations to.
- I animated the redstone torch, furnace, torch, and jack-o-lantern textures, adding simple dynamic flickers and flames.
- I redesigned the font; it is now halfwidth and resembles modern fonts more closely. This change will probably take a while to get used to for new users, and will prevent text art made on signs in the 16x and 32x texture packs from being seen properly in this pack.
- The exp bar now has 20 segments instead of 18 to allow for easier calculation of how close you are to the next level.
- Tabby,black cat,explosion,witch, zombie villager, moon textures remain 16x while enderdragon textures remain 32x
- I had difficulty adding new detail to the wither painting, for which there seems to be no original Zetterstrand painting- for now my 64x wither painting is unfinished. (If one of my readers would like to do this for me, I would gladly use it and add them to a list of contributions for it)