• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The of the world is not near, but something special might happen.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Adrenaline Rush
  • Minecraft: lucasthebest17

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Again, we discussing random stuff like this but it deserves a thread to it self.

Of all that i expect is to finally we discover some powerful tech in 21 of dec or maybe aliens finally come, again could be something good or bad i don't really care.

i believe the chance of a kind of world-wide death is of 0.0001% which is probably right since no meteorites have been seen, so its possible that it might be something from earth itself, a probability is maybe that the continents's places start moving more than normal, and it might cause destruction, not to the point of billions of deaths but enough to cause a moderate ammount of chaos, again could be that, or maybe a failed nasa launch crashes in one city or another, so post your probable ideas of what might happen, could range from nothing to world-wide death, i don't care for long as i see you guy's ideas being a good one with some probability of happening.
The Ninja'ing, it's happening way too much to me.

Register or log in to remove.

BC_Programming
  • Minecraft: BC_Programming

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Nothing will happen. Will bookmark this in my collection of threads to return to to say "I Told you so" when inevitably nothing happens.

Adrenaline Rush

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostBC_Programming, on 15 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Nothing will happen. Will bookmark this in my collection of threads to return to to say "I Told you so" when inevitably nothing happens.
again that is one of the things that could happen but think about it, every day we get closer to having robots, something special gotta happen, since its so foretold, hell i would take popcorn out for human augmentations or something. We get closer and closer to getting more things that could help humanity, what i would like to see is humans with broken bones get new bones

Impatientjedi
  • Minecraft: impatientjedi

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

The magnetic field around the planet stops working,  thus having the sun scrub away the earths atmosphere and giving radiation damage to everything on earth.  The only thing left in a few hundred years would be what mars looks like.

MrAwesomeFaces

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostImpatientjedi, on 15 December 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

The magnetic field around the planet stops working,  thus having the sun scrub away the earths atmosphere and giving radiation damage to everything on earth.  The only thing left in a few hundred years would be what mars looks like.
I'll believe that when Marriland Forums become completely dead.
Posted Image

Adrenaline Rush

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostImpatientjedi, on 15 December 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

yeah its possible, mars could have probably been the true earth if it weren't for some strange reason, maybe it was its approach to sun that made it die.

Impatientjedi
  • Minecraft: impatientjedi

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostMrAwesomeFaces, on 15 December 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'll believe that when Marriland Forums become completely dead.

Meh, i really don't think the world is going to end, I was just coming up with the best way to end like on planet Earth

View PostAdrenaline Rush, on 15 December 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

yeah its possible, mars could have probably been the true earth if it weren't for some strange reason, maybe it was its approach to sun that made it die.
Being close to the sun would not kill the magnetic field, it probably had to do with Mars losing its volcanic core,  Mars is in a idle location where it can support life.  Scientists believe that we could return life to mars in the future but getting mars to have an active core need to be accomplished.

MrAwesomeFaces

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Best way to end would be a giant explosion. A second of searing heat, then nothing. Very quick and barely any pain.
Posted Image

Adrenaline Rush

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

well still we need some robots to go there and at minimum investigate the underground of mars to see at minimum if there was any metal at all and if there was, what kind of material is it.

MrAwesomeFaces

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostAdrenaline Rush, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

well still we need some robots to go there and at minimum investigate the underground of mars to see at minimum if there was any metal at all and if there was, what kind of material is it.
They have guessed on Mars core. Forget what it is though
Posted Image

Adrenaline Rush

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostMrAwesomeFaces, on 15 December 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

They have guessed on Mars core. Forget what it is though
guessing doesn't bring the answer. they really gotta send a robot to get images of the underground to the max, its important to know since it could prove the molten core could somehow be revived.

danthonywalker

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostMrAwesomeFaces, on 15 December 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Best way to end would be a giant explosion. A second of searing heat, then nothing. Very quick and barely any pain.

I would want to go out in a black hole. That'd be interesting.

Posted Image

Adrenaline Rush

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

View Postdanthonywalker, on 15 December 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

I would want to go out in a black hole. That'd be interesting.
you would stop after a while, the end of the blackhole is nothing.

Carnanty
  • Minecraft: Carnanty

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

THe end of a calender only marks a change, it does not have to be a bad one, it doesn not have to be a good one, it just marks change. The myans predicted something, they wouldn't just stop carving such a complex project, now if their prediction is true, it might not be, but it marks a change.

Equatorium11

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Of all days, why the 21st? It just happens to be on 12-21-12? I suppose the arguement here is "Cool looking date therefore end of the world"?

There's also the fact that the Mayans weren't psychic. They were hardly able to forsee their own downfall, much less the downfall of the world. I understand you don't believe in the end of the world... but I'd posit that they're not qualified to base any reasonable theory on at all. They were an ancient civilization that lived and died about a millenium ago. The fact that this end of the world crap exists in this first place is just crazy...

danthonywalker

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostAdrenaline Rush, on 15 December 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

Exactly. My afterlife will be nothing, so might as well go out as...nothing.

Posted Image

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostBC_Programming, on 15 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Probably an awful lot of threads in there.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

danthonywalker

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostTheEvanCat, on 15 December 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

Probably an awful lot of threads in there.

I wonder if there's a Mayan forum out there...

Posted Image

FireroseNekowolf
  • Minecraft: FireroseNekowolf

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostAdrenaline Rush, on 15 December 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

Well, it is something, but... that gets into matters that are complicated and brain-meltingly unimaginable.
What happens when the Universe divides by zero?
It gets a result.

Lord_N
    Lord_N

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2541 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_N

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

The only thing that will happen, if anything, is some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. People believe that the world will end, and in their quest to prevent it or prepare for it, they will end up causing some terrible event that the rest of the world will have seen as proof of the doomsday being a possibility.
Posted Image