• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] [Forge] Highlands - 1.7.2 pre-release! (v2.2.0pre)

highlands biome trees ore generator forge world mountains 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
1190 replies to this topic

sdj64
    sdj64

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Fabricator77will now be taking over Highlands.  You can get the pre-release version of Highlands for 1.7.2 here.  Remember this is a pre-release, not a finished version, and will have bugs.  You can help by posting your crash reports in this thread.

View Postfabricator77, on 16 April 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

Highlands pre-release for 1.7.2
https://www.dropbox....v-2.2.0pre2.jar
please report any crashes when generating new worlds/terrain, post forge error logs (not mojang ones) inside spoiler tags or in something like pastebin.

notes:
The sub-biomes may not generate at all, I had to disable a few blocks of code due to it causing crashes, may need a rewrite to fix.
Config files are now in separate folder, with seperate config for new village generation per biome
May not be entirely stable, use at own risk
Likely some minor things left to fix, don't let them bother you (or me).

There is an easter egg in this, should take most people 5 mins tops to find it.

Also, I have changed the permission requirements for modpacks.  If you want to use Highlands in a modpack, you have my permission. You do not need to ask or PM me about it.

IMPORTANT:  Please disable Desert Mountains, Rock Mountains, and Snow Mountains in the current 1.6.4 version.  There is a crashing bug that occasionally occurs in these biomes.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download:

Highlands 2.1.7a for Minecraft 1.6.4

mirror

Features:
Over 40 new biomes
14 new trees
A variety of useful small plants
Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Highlands and Highlands Large Biomes World Types
biome-specific ore generation (some biomes have more ores!)
All trees can be grown with saplings and bonemeal
256 block high Mountains
More realistic biome placement
Villages in more biomes
Better oceans and islands
Tons of options to customize
Uses Forge

Posted Image

Description:

Spoiler:

Biomes:
Spoiler:

Trees and Plants:
Spoiler:

Community (pictures, videos, etc):
Spoiler:

Mod Compatiblity:
Spoiler:

Questions and Answers
Spoiler:

To Install:
You must have Forge installed first.  Download this mod with the link above and place the zip file in the "mods" folder.  Highlands will generate a settings file the first time you run Minecraft.  If you get an error, please post your crash report and a list of the mods you have installed.

Source / API
Spoiler:

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Old Downloads:

Legal stuff
Spoiler:

Support Highlands with a Signature Banner!Posted Image
Posted Image

Copy this code to your signature to get the 1st banner above:
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1602064-145-highlands-new-biomes-trees-and-more-forge/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZDL6tX7.png[/IMG][/url]

Copy this code to your signature to get the 2nd banner above (thank you Archibald_TK for designing this banner):
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1602064-145-highlands-new-biomes-trees-and-more-forge/"][IMG]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/162/4/a/minecraft_highlands_mod_banner_by_archibald_tk-d68m0ct.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ozzydog123

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Veru Nice, Very nice

ninjachubs1
  • Minecraft: ninjachubs1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Look's pretty cool. I'll try it.
Posted Image

Cybus
    Cybus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

would you like some better screenshots for this mod?
Posted Image

TheSpectre
  • Minecraft: Nick_the_Creeper
  • Xbox:Fedora12

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Nice mod! I like it, and wish that it was compatible with all the other terrain gen mods out there!

EDIT: Apparently it is compatible with ExtrabiomesXL, but strangely it is not compatible with Mo' Creatures. Huh.
Christianity in a nutshell: We have all sinned, so we deserve eternity in hell. But God (God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit) loved us so much he sent His Son to die for us, to take the punishment meant for us. All we need to do is accept it, and we have heaven headed our way.

sdj64
    sdj64

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostCybus, on 15 December 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

would you like some better screenshots for this mod?

Sure, I know I don't have an amazing computer so I can't take the best screenshots.

View PostPhantom699, on 15 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

EDIT: Apparently it is compatible with ExtrabiomesXL, but strangely it is not compatible with Mo' Creatures. Huh.

Hmm, what about Mo' Creatures is giving you an error? Or is it just that the creatures don't spawn in the biomes?
Posted Image

sdj64
    sdj64

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

This works fine with Mo'Creatures (there are no crashes or errors), but by default the creatures don't spawn in any of the biomes added by Highlands.  I know that Mo'Creatures has a folder called ExtraBiomes to maintain compatibility with it, but it doesn't for other biome mods like this one.

I found this great mod: Mob Spawn Controls mod by Davidee
It provides menus to get all of the creatures in any of the biomes.  It can generate a SpawnConfiguration text file as well, which is stored with each world.  I don't have much experience at all with Mo'Creatures, so if anyone could tweak the settings with Mob Spawn Controls and Mo'Creatures and post a spawn config here, I will feature it in the main post and give you credit.

For ExtraBiomesXL compatibility, you might have to turn off the duplicately named biomes in either of the mods.  Both Highlands and EBXL have biomes named "Autumn forest", "Meadow", "Tundra", "Savannah", and "Woodlands".  You can decide which version you like better.
Posted Image

Sraosha001

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Thank you!  I had no idea I needed this until I saw it.  Awesome job with the different ore distribution too.

Wessexstock

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Will you look into the exact details on getting this compatible with ExtrabiomesXL? I imagine many users would benefit from your efforts!

Moderator and Lead map developer @

Posted Image

Sraosha001

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've been creating and testing worlds with this mod and I can't thank you enough.  This really is great, all the biomes flow well and feel like natural extensions of vanilla minecraft.  Really awesome job!

The only oddities have been the autumn forest doesn't have autumn leaves, just normal green leaves, and the config file is set to use on default but it isn't working on default large biomes.

EDIT:  Looks awesome, hope it can work in default large biomes.
Posted Image

sdj64
    sdj64

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Sorry for the bug about not generating in default worlds.  That has been fixed and there is a new download link in the OP.  I can't find out why Autumn Forest isn't giving you the colors, I'm getting them just fine.

Steps to get this compatible with ExtraBiomesXL:

Install Forge and all your mods including Highlands and EBXL.
Run Minecraft once.  Highlands and EBXL will both generate their own config files.  There will be an error saying Minecraft has crashed.
Close Minecraft and open either the Highlands or EBXL settings (both are located in .minecraft/config).
Set the biomes so they don't conflict.  Highlands uses 23 - 47 by default, EBXL uses 32 - 59 by default.
Open Highlands settings and change "Use Highlands biomes in default worlds?" to true.  (You need to re-download Highlands, there was a bug with that setting in 1.0.1 that has been fixed in 1.0.2)
Create a new world with the Default or Large Biomes world type.
Posted Image

FuriousDestroyer

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Cool mod man! Here's a Showcase of it!

Sraosha001

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postsdj64, on 17 December 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Sorry for the bug about not generating in default worlds.  That has been fixed and there is a new download link in the OP.  I can't find out why Autumn Forest isn't giving you the colors, I'm getting them just fine.

Hey thanks for getting that to work in default, you're awesome.  And I think the autumn leaves may be overwritten by my texture pack, I'm looking into it.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

more biomes for me to play with! nooooo! lol
Posted Image

alkateb2011

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

awesome mod but doesnt work for me just sticks on generating a world (new or used).
And i tried without any other mods too

Furby4537568
  • Minecraft: Furby4537568

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

I have a question:

Will this apply to old worlds with unexplored terrain? As in, will it generate the new biomes without needing to make a new world?
Ho hum~ Oh what's this I see?~

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

running with quite a few biome gen mods, including EBXL and BWG3... no conflicts so far right out of the box.. I'm guessing I'm going to run into a biome name issue eventually... but I'll decide on which one to keep when it happens. :)
Posted Image

sdj64
    sdj64

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostFurby4537568, on 18 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

I have a question:

Will this apply to old worlds with unexplored terrain? As in, will it generate the new biomes without needing to make a new world?

Yes you can generate terrain without making a new world, just enable the setting "Use Highlands biomes in default worlds".  Just a warning, you will get ugly flat cliffs between the old and new chunks, as with any change in terrain generation.  I don't think it will mess up any of your old biomes but back up your world first, just in case.

View Postalkateb2011, on 18 December 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

awesome mod but doesnt work for me just sticks on generating a world (new or used).
And i tried without any other mods too

Sorry to hear that.  You can try disabling specific biomes and seeing if it will work.  I know Mountains lags a lot on generation for me.
Posted Image

cowmonkey
  • Location: Why would you want to know? You be planning something?
  • Minecraft: madgoblin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Wow... The savannah is so amazing..

I wish they added that into vanilla, that,s like the most perfect biome ever...
I made this map! Please check it out! It's a really awesome map that took me over a year to make! :3
Posted Image

Furby4537568
  • Minecraft: Furby4537568

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

View Postsdj64, on 18 December 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yes you can generate terrain without making a new world, just enable the setting "Use Highlands biomes in default worlds".  Just a warning, you will get ugly flat cliffs between the old and new chunks, as with any change in terrain generation.  I don't think it will mess up any of your old biomes but back up your world first, just in case.

Thank you for the quick answer! Right now I'm just repairing a roofing problem that occurred where one section of my roof was two blocks thick and the other was just one block (EEP.) Thinking in advance, this might be a suitible warning to add to the first post before people start going OMG XYZ BROKE!!! QAQ
Ho hum~ Oh what's this I see?~