Latest News Article

Need help installing snapshots

help snapshots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

deafnoise

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hello

I really would love to try out the features of the newist snapshot of minecraft however I keep running into a problem. I place the newest .jar snapshot into my bin and take out the old one. However when I login to minecraft it fails to load. I am stuck at the screen that says 'done loading'. The green loading bar is not quite full in this screen and it will not finish loading. I have looked everywhere to try and fix this problem. If someone knows how this problem can be fixed I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Register or log in to remove.

minerman159

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Do you have any mods? this could be the source of the problem. It will cause minecraft to get stuck or show a black screen if not compatible.
Posted Image

deafnoise

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

N

View Postminerman159, on 13 December 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Do you have any mods? this could be the source of the problem. It will cause minecraft to get stuck or show a black screen if not compatible.
No I made sure all mods were out before I tried to install the snapshot.

minerman159

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Oh maybe theres something wrong with your launcher try deleting then redownlaoding it or wait till the update.
Posted Image

Baconboy2015
  • Minecraft: BaconBoy2015
  • PSN:MrBacon18

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Is the file named minecraft? If there is anything else in the name, it won't be loaded since it loads off of the file minecraft.jar.
Feel free to check out my channel!