Latest News Article

[1.4.7] Arcane Ascension [PR-4]

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

calebmanley
  • Minecraft: calebmanley

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Warning: Don't shoot glimmerdust arrows, they will corrupt your world.

Visit my website!

Posted Image

I present to you the official continuation of Arcane Ascension!

Thanks TheAtlanticCraft for this quick informative showcase!

Thanks DaveChaos for an in-depth showcase!

Remember to check the changelog each update!

I have the right to completely ignore your question if it has been answered within the last few pages.

What is this?

This is an official update to the Arcane Ascension mod, by:

Murayama (MTG artist Dan Scott)

Areus

Pheenixm and dgary.

The main feature of the mod is the mystical floating islands.

You will find many new mysterious ores, and forge the strongest armour known to man, which can be imbued with special effects.

Ores

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Arcane Constructs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prometheus Chamber

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Empyrium Core

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Glimmerwood Trees

Spoiler:

Floating Islands

Spoiler:

Havenbloom

Spoiler:

Arcane Tools and Armour

Spoiler:

Download

0.5.0 PR4 - http://calebmanley.com/minecraft

Installation

Spoiler:

Changelog

Spoiler:

Permission

Posted Image

Special Thanks

Spoiler:

Terms and Conditions

You must not redistribute the mediafire download link for this mod, if you want to share the mod, tell them the adf.ly link or forum post link.

If you make a video/spotlight you must send me the link to it after its been uploaded, and must point towards the forum post in the comments.

You must not edit, and redistribute the contents of this mod, and share it as your own work.

Copyright

This mod (Arcane Ascension) is Copyright (calebmanley) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

Arcane Ascension may not be used in any mod packs without permission from the author of the mod.
If you are adding this to your website or creating a video, please provide a link back to this thread.
Do not mirror the download link, only provide the adfly link.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

calebmanley

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Reserved.

Posted Image

Wolfie
    Wolfie

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Minecraft: daysknight

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

looks epic :D i think ill try it :)

Posted Image

MR_MEOLA
    MR_MEOLA

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Minecraft: MEOLA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Great looking mod! May spotlight it tomorrow! :D

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ya finally got it up, nice.  Did you answer my last question from the last thread?

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

Daemonshi

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Caleb, you might want to edit the copyright section of the OP, since atm it is referring to Herblore and not this mod ;)

Question: will the prometheum and adamantium ores be interchangeable with those same ores from Metallurgy? If not, could you plan to make it so? Metallurgy is a staple in any mod-loadout I use, and I tend to shut off duplicate ores in other mods to avoid having different types of the same ore in the game. I'm guessing it is, since it uses forge and that's supposed to be what the ore dictionary is supposed to be for, but I'm not 100% clear on all that. If they are interchangeable, would you recommend leaving the ores in this mod active and turning them off in Metallurgy instead, considering you may have special conditions in which those ores may spawn?

Tell you what, I don't have a magic version of MC done up yet, but this mod & the release of AltriaCraft (Swords+) are making me want to get it started.....

GamingNerddotCom

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Dat artwork. Dayummm fine.

Murayama

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for taking up the mantle Caleb! I'm glad people are still enjoying the mod.

calebmanley

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostMR_MEOLA, on 12 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Great looking mod! May spotlight it tomorrow! :D

Thats would be great! :D

View PostSteelflame, on 12 December 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Ya finally got it up, nice.  Did you answer my last question from the last thread?

I believe I did?
Cant remember, go check!

View PostDaemonshi, on 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Caleb, you might want to edit the copyright section of the OP, since atm it is referring to Herblore and not this mod ;)

Question: will the prometheum and adamantium ores be interchangeable with those same ores from Metallurgy? If not, could you plan to make it so? Metallurgy is a staple in any mod-loadout I use, and I tend to shut off duplicate ores in other mods to avoid having different types of the same ore in the game. I'm guessing it is, since it uses forge and that's supposed to be what the ore dictionary is supposed to be for, but I'm not 100% clear on all that. If they are interchangeable, would you recommend leaving the ores in this mod active and turning them off in Metallurgy instead, considering you may have special conditions in which those ores may spawn?

Tell you what, I don't have a magic version of MC done up yet, but this mod & the release of AltriaCraft (Swords+) are making me want to get it started.....

Sorry about that, I was in 'rush mode' :P

I did have the ores registered in the ore dictionary but later removed it, I didnt think any other mods used these ores.
But if metallurgy has them I probably should add it back in.
I would suggest blocking the metallurgy mod from spawning their version of the ore if possible though, because the rareness of the ores in this mod is crucial for balance.

I used to have a magically modded minecraft, was heaps of fun! :D

View PostMurayama, on 12 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Thanks for taking up the mantle Caleb! I'm glad people are still enjoying the mod.

Im glad you approve. :D

Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2521 posts
  • Minecraft: Vazkii

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostDaemonshi, on 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

since atm it is referring to Herblore and not this mod Posted Image

I've seen this somewhere already.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

DaveChaos
  • Minecraft: DaveChaos

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hey, trying to get this to work but with no luck, I'm using Forge Version: 6.4.1

BeanishGod
  • Minecraft: beanishgod

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Dave Chaos LOOKED AT YOUR MOD!

MR_MEOLA
    MR_MEOLA

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Minecraft: MEOLA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Im struggling to get your mod working unfortunately. Minecraft loads, however cant load a world

ZombifiedMinecrafter
  • Minecraft: hahaoya_goshujin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Yes! It updated!
Posted Image

calebmanley

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostVazkii, on 12 December 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

I've seen this somewhere already.
Whut?

View PostDaveChaos, on 13 December 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Hey, trying to get this to work but with no luck, I'm using Forge Version: 6.4.1

View PostMR_MEOLA, on 13 December 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Im struggling to get your mod working unfortunately. Minecraft loads, however cant load a world

Hmm, thats strange, does it crash?
Is there a crash log?
Ill look into it, thanks!

Can anyone else confirm that its working for them?

Posted Image

calebmanley

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Added the ores tab to the page!
Cant believe of forgot that. ._.

Posted Image

Bellaabzug21

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Really cool mod, I really enjoyed the previous versions, congrats on beating the 1.3 update :)
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

SpAcE_mOnKeY126
  • Minecraft: SpAcE_mOnKeY126

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

should add some kind of boss in a dungeon or something thats only found on or in the floating islands, that'd be really cool, should make it pretty tough, i like a challenge haha and maybe also another mob thats a bit strong so it can put up with these weapons and armor and it spawns in both the normal world and nether but needs to be a little uncommon, so you dont get killed every 2 minutes when you only got iron armor and tools or something at that moment

anyways, just a suggestion, might give you some different ideas. keep up the great work :)

Posted Image

calebmanley

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 13 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Really cool mod, I really enjoyed the previous versions, congrats on beating the 1.3 update Posted Image
The 1.3 update? o.O

View PostSpAcE_mOnKeY126, on 13 December 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

should add some kind of boss in a dungeon or something thats only found on or in the floating islands, that'd be really cool, should make it pretty tough, i like a challenge haha and maybe also another mob thats a bit strong so it can put up with these weapons and armor and it spawns in both the normal world and nether but needs to be a little uncommon, so you dont get killed every 2 minutes when you only got iron armor and tools or something at that moment

anyways, just a suggestion, might give you some different ideas. keep up the great work Posted Image
That would be pretty nice!
I'd like to play around with an arcane dimension too, which can only be entered when wearing full tier 3 ascendant armour maybe... NOT SURE!

Some stronger mobs would make it more interesting.
It would be cool having a sense of danger even when wearing iron or diamond armour, to make you take the long route or make your way around it. At the moment, once you have armour nothings worrying!

Posted Image

Sodisna
    Sodisna

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Minecraft: Sodisna

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Would it be possible to add an option do disable floating islands, or limit the number that appears? They're kind of laggy due to the lightning bug shadows.