• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Hobbit Role Play - Lord of the Rings [RP][24/7][Races][Classes][Custom Plugins][Custom Map]

rp roleplay middle earth lord of the rings the hobbit hobbit rhovanion lotr role play 24/7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1117 replies to this topic

PreppyInPlaid
  • Minecraft: PreppyInPlaid

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

I AM FANGIRLING all over the place because of the server release tomorrow!!! Lol I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way, otherwise this comment just got really awkward for me ... Posted Image

---PreppyInPlaid
This is Preppy In Plaid's signature!

Register or log in to remove.

crazyal888

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

^ I'm happy too :)

Posted Image

darthsrn
    darthsrn

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Minecraft: darthsrn

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

You're not the only one who can't wait for this server to release. It's going to be the best UC seever yet.
Posted Image

MrFunEGUY

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Alright, to everybody who is worried that their apps aren't going to be looked at, have no fear, because, well, because I said so damn it. Dragons is going to look at all the Applications that haven't been viewed tonight, and he will do the accept ions/rejections. We are going to release tomorrow with a 0.1% chance of delaying again, so everyone get their skins ready!
Posted Image

Shal5
    Shal5

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: shal5

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Are we doing reccomended spoutcraft, or latest?

Posted Image

Kuloko
    Kuloko

The Lucid Dream

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1540 posts
  • Minecraft: Kuloko
  • Xbox:Philly St0rm

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostShal5, on 05 January 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Are we doing reccomended spoutcraft, or latest?

The server is in 1.4.6 so I'm not sure if thats Spouts recommended or if you have to manually change it.

Posted Image
Please follow the rules of the forums located here: Rules

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to contact me!

Shal5
    Shal5

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: shal5

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Still no idea when the server will start gmt wise?

Posted Image

Dragons5439
  • Minecraft: Dragons5439

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Sorry for the wait.  We are aiming for 5 PM GMT (So that's noon EST, 9 AM West, etc).

There is a possibility we're going to run late, but we will release tomorrow.  We have a vent, which you can join to chat or just listen to people chat (which is cool too), and you'll get the best up-to-date information as we go toward release.

I'll also look over applications now (I want to get some tea first, if you don't mind, I feel like I'm about to nod off).  So...yeah.

Any other questions I missed?  Probably.  Sorry about that.  See you soon!
Posted Image

mizura6
    mizura6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostMrFunEGUY, on 05 January 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Alright, to everybody who is worried that their apps aren't going to be looked at, have no fear, because, well, because I said so damn it. Dragons is going to look at all the Applications that haven't been viewed tonight, and he will do the accept ions/rejections. We are going to release tomorrow with a 0% chance of delaying again, so everyone get their skins ready!

ON TO EDIT MY OLD MERP SKIN!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

PhluXx1
    PhluXx1

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Minecraft: PhluXx1

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm off to bed everyone but before I do I want to say the following. As a member of the Build Team, I can say with 100% certantity that the map has no foresable reason not to release at 5PM GMT 05-Jan-2012. The Map is 100% ready for release and all systems are go on that front. Lastley I want to also say that you won't be disappointed with what we've all put a lot of effort into making. :)

And to all my Elven Kin I hope to meet you all in a few hours time, Vanya Sulie.

Huntlocker
  • Minecraft: Huntlocker

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostDragons5439, on 05 January 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Sorry for the wait.  We are aiming for 5 PM GMT (So that's noon EST, 9 AM West, etc).

There is a possibility we're going to run late, but we will release tomorrow.  We have a vent, which you can join to chat or just listen to people chat (which is cool too), and you'll get the best up-to-date information as we go toward release.

I'll also look over applications now (I want to get some tea first, if you don't mind, I feel like I'm about to nod off).  So...yeah.

Any other questions I missed?  Probably.  Sorry about that.  See you soon!
This fits perfectly with me, since I'm going to see the hobbit at 1PM GMT and it ends at 4PM GMT. Sets me in the right mood for some lord of the rings roleplaying.

Posted Image
-Huntlocker, also known as Cereneron Felmiril, Elf Hunter-

Dragons5439
  • Minecraft: Dragons5439

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Ya jerk (Huntlocker), I want to watch The Hobbit again!

Right, so here's a new whitelist check.  For easy judgement, I split it up into "Accepted" and "Deferred."  As you may notice, I chose the word, "Deferred," because you can always edit your application to get "Accepted" in the next round.  I'll do one more check before server release, so you have time still to make edits.

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Final other note: For the discussion back on page 25, I'm a TOTAL LOTR Lore freak.  Kthxbai.

Accepted
doomking94 (Dwarf): Good, that was “lorically” correct and better.  You’ll fit in once again nicely (and also please keep filming if you see something funny/memorable).
vdeangelis22 (Elf): Much better!  I like it.  Just a few short notes: it isn’t Mirkwood yet, but still Greenwood the Great.  Also, due to the nature of the way our class system will work, you may have to choose between farming and archery (if you want to master a skill and have another short secondary to use a sword to fulfill your military-esque style of current play).  I would suggest keeping archery, since this was a skill you mastered more recently, but it is up to you.
Georpthey (Man): Yes, good.  Done.  I like it.  You’re all set.
blinky247 (Goblin): Ha.  Wolf Born.  That’s funny, and I like it.  The story seemed a little lackluster, but there should be a strong enough conviction for you to continue about your day to day raiding and general merriment.
Morgenss (Man): I’m going to assume you meant at the end of the Third Age, because your age is 30 and the Last Alliance occurred 3000 years ago (someone’s math doesn’t make sense).  Also, I like the rest of your story, and I look forward to your friend’s applying (hopefully they’ll get in too).
Helldome (Man): You say help, but I don’t know about you from previous servers (*Shifty eyes*).  Nah, you’re good.  Welcome back.
l27Taco (Dwarf): Good story, you’re all set.

Deferred
haloshadow117: You’re 34 years old, and, judging from the descriptions in your story, you’re from the Shire.  This should indicate that you can’t possibly have had many “Adventures,” as you describe them as.  Please reconsider your character.  Either make him older, the veteran of these adventures living out his days in Rhovanion (Eastern Middle Earth), or have him not have been on one yet.  In addition, please try to be more creative than the plot for the movie The Hobbit (the warg ambush where you were saved by Elves?).  While georpthey was a little harsh to use Tropic Thunder to criticize your biography (“You went full retard”), the sentiment isn’t misplaced.  If you’re going to copy someone else’s work, don’t literally copy it.
SpicyLemur: Okay, better.  But you still need a little more work.  I mean, you’ve settled down in this new village for 5 years now, and while it’s enough to build a good camaraderie with the village folk, unless you are incredibly restless, I don’t see you wanting to move on if you’re living an idyllic life there.  Are you a greedy sort, who heard of rich treasures elsewhere?  What causes you to leave (like, what aspect of your personality, not necessarily an event)?  Also, just know that the woods is called, “Greenwood” at this current point in time; it isn’t Mirkwood yet.
BmxDigger: You seem to be a very capable role play, and I hope you can make the necessary changes to your biography.  First, a few lore issues.  Numenoreans were not half elf; they were all man, just blessed with greater strength and longer lives.  So the bonuses you’ve given yourself as an elf should be removed.  As for a more critical note, Numenoreans don’t hold much of a presence in the Eastern section of Middle Earth (where the server is located), so I’d reconsider that in and of itself.  As for the acquisition of your weapons: there are only 5 wizards ever to exist within Arda (the Istari), and they count: two gone missing, Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast.  I don’t think you managed to murder one of the two missing ones (sorry); that would be powergaming.  Now, your biography: I like it.  However, you incorporate some modern uses of culture (orphanage/easy selling of property) that would be more difficult/not exist in a Middle Earth/Medieval setting.  Those social infrastructures just don’t exist, and so the progression of your story (why you’re being abandoned at birth, and the your later departure from the village) is in peril.  Finally, throughout you seem to be mixing Skyrim with Lord of the Rings.  You can’t just go to a trainer to raise a skill, or simplify things by, “Got more coin, bought more gear.”  Everything is a process, something that you should demonstrate in your biography.  On a final note though, we have a texture pack already made and everything set in that department.  But thank you for the suggestions.
Don_rosa: Sorry, I’m saying no again for now.  A hobbit fighting?  Okay.  They’ve done that previously, and no doubt they can do it again.  A single hobbit killing hundreds of trained thieves for 10 years without a single bit of bad luck?  Okay, less believable.  The only reason Aragorn can do something like that is because he’s a main character.  The story was going well until you began powergaming (being a little too powerful/too good).  Cut it down a bit, maybe work with a group of hobbits to defend the Shire, and then you’ll be on a more believable footing.
Fvlc: The story was going great until you mentioned Uruk-Hai (orcs that can march in sunlight).  Those aren’t “created” until Saruman becomes corrupted in the very end of the Third Age (not yet).  Before that, Rohan was only truly threatened from Dunlendings, since orcs from Mordor were stopped by Gondor and goblins from the Misty Mountains were stopped by the Elves.  Also, if you managed to defeat the enemies and return to your home in peace, how come you want to join a server that takes place in Rhovanion (Dale/Iron Hills/Greenwood Forest/etc)?  Rethink the ending, and you’ll be good.
alan91330: Interesting.  But a few things.  “Everlasting” doesn’t sound like the best Elf name (try looking for something more sing-songy; a romance language, or even Tolkien’s Sindarin/Quenyan languages are better).  Also, Elves are immortal (if they don’t get stabbed); 50 years old is a baby (they don’t even mature until around 80 years of age).  Finally, Elves have a respect for life almost unparalleled by other creatures (Ents have them beat).  You have this with your idea of self sufficiency, but Elves do believe in the preservation of life, and will instead eat plants or berries.  You can keep your loneness, but please correct the other errors.
Posted Image

slashercat
  • Minecraft: slashercat

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Your In Game Name (IGN, Minecraft Login):  Slashercat

Your Time Zone (GMT please): My Timezone is Pacific (GMT -8)

Your Character’s Name: Shadia Winretch

Your Character’s Race: Human

Your Character’s Age: 16

Your Character’s Biography (History of your character, and a little about his/her personality):

As a young boy my parents were drunkards, they would always come home from the pubs falling over. If i ever dared to speak they would hit me right across the face. Soon i decided to just run, run as far as i could. Days passed as i walked through the hills and down the valleys untill i ran into what seemed to be a orphanage. To me i thought this would be the perfect place to take shelter for a while. Little did i know, that was the worst choice ive made in my life. I was put to work in the kitchen. Cleaning, Mopping up grub, trapping the rodents so they would not get in the food storage. It was an okay job for the time that i had it. One day the cook was making his famous Honey-cakes with a special twist. After i served all the other children and staff their meals, we all sat at the table to eat. The orphanage owner, Hilda Mottenword, took the first bite. Seconds after finishing her Honey-cake she instantly started vomiting up blood. Within minutes she was dead, pale, lifeless... Luckily no one else even started to eat the meal before she started to die. Hilda's husband, Martin Mottenword, rushed to the kitchen to see to that the chef be delt with for what he had done to Martin's beloved. After he came back he gave me a blank stare as if he had seen death itself.

"You... YOU DID THIS!" he proclaimed ,"You killed the chef then poisoned the Honey-cakes hoping that we would all eat them so you could rob us of our fortune!"

Be in mind they had NO fortune for anyone to steal but thats beside the point.

Martin grabbed the poker from the fireplace and ran at me, only to trip on one of the childrens' chair. This gave me an oportunity to run, so i did, straight towards the kitchen. When i got there i instantly grabbed the knife from cutting block and got ready to defend myself. I heard footsteps coming down the hall, followed by screams of anger. Mr. Mottenword ran into the kitchen screaming and all i did was put my knife holding hand out towards him and closed my eyes. I heard a heavy pressure hit the knife followed by the heat of blood on my hand. Opening my eyes i see Mr. Mottenword with the knife directly in his chest. He was frozen as if to be surprised by my actions to defend myself. It felt like an eternity staring at those cold eyes until he fell to the floor.

"Why.. Why did you do it?.." he said in a very low and shakey voice.

"I didnt do anything, I swear!" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek

Seconds later he was dead, and i was now a murderer. I had to go on the run again so i could have time to think as to who could have done this to Mrs. Mottenword. And why was i the one to blame?

I am 16, and I have still have yet to figure out what had happened that horrible night and why it had to happen to me. All i do now is travel looking for work, but its very rare that anyone would hire a troublesome kid like me.

On my downtime i like to practice my archery and sneaking about townsfolk. I am very well known as a pick pocket in most towns, this is the reason i am a traveler. I have been caught many times and have the scars to prove it. I dont really enjoy stealing from others, it is just so that i can survive with food and drink. I mainly sleep outside in the streets or under some trees if the night is clear. I have yet to meet a kind enough soul to offer me shelter and warmth.

My dream is to live a happy life like normal people and not have to worry about the fight for survival in this cold and cruel world.
Posted Image

SpicyLemur
  • Minecraft: spicylemur
  • Xbox:who plays xbox?

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

dragons, thats exactly what im saying, he is absolutely dying to get out (im not saying that about me though xD) my character isnt greedy for treasure, but just likes the adventure. like going into a good cave system. but he does like a few bits and pieces along the way.

georpthey123
    georpthey123

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostShal5, on 05 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Please! If you're going to give critisism, give constructive critisism. Saying that somone is "full retard", doesn't exactly give the person belief in him/herself, and you can't really say that the app will be rejected, because dragons might accept it, but say it would be better if the age was changed.
34 would actually be around 18, because hobbits mature at 33, with an average life expectancy on around a 100 years.

As a side note, I'd like to remind everyone who plans on doing a hobbit, that it could also live in Bree, which could give a better reason to travel out in the world. Posted Image

I would hope that most people had seen Tropic Thunder, or at least seen the quote touted around the internet. And as for the "34 would actually be around 18", yes granted, I didn't phrase that section well. The reason I said youngish was because it is bloomin' young for someone who has been on so many adventures. In cases like this, I often find that flawless knowledge of the lore is no match for common sense, plain and simple.
I don't usually use profile pictures on forums...but when I do I use one of me, because I'm a fearless bastard.

No-one could ever reject your excessive swag levels Gstar
-Kuloko

guest91111

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

paulsoaresjr

Don_rosa
    Don_rosa

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Minecraft: Don_rosa

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Your In Game Name (IGN, Minecraft Login):  Don_rosa
Your Time Zone (GMT please): Gmt +1 (Norway)
Your Character’s Name:  Madoc
Your Character’s Race: Hobbit
Your Character’s Age: About 40
Your Character’s Biography (History of your character, and a little about his/her personality):
Madoc grew up in peace, in the shire, like every other usual hobbit would. He wasn't even special at all, so the story you are about to read was simply a convincidence. He was living his life on the couch smoking his pipe when the doorbell rang, he was about 20 years old now and the parents had passed away a few years ago. The young hobbit who always had a gift of seeing the life on the bright side jumped out of the couch and opened the door. There was a well old man at the door, not a hobbit but a human. Madoc got a bit stumbled but kept his maners in its place. "Hello, may i help you with something?" He asked the man at the door."Yes you can acctually, i seem to have lost my key somewhere around here could you help me find it, i have pretty bad eyes, you know the time goes by fast!" laughed the man. "Sure thing," said Madoc still a bit confused wondering what a man was doing down here. Still, he tried to ignore that thought and found the key at once by the mailbox. "Here you go," he said and gave the man the key. "Thank you very much," the man said and walked away. Madoc stood thinking about the weird man for a moment, but gave it up and was about to go in when suddenly another weird convincidence happened. It was his old mate, Tolrock. "Oh why that was a long time ago!" he said. "Over a year hasn't it been?" Tolrock didn't answer, wich Madoc found a bit weird since he remembered him as a hobbit who liked to talk. "Anything wrong Tolrock?" Madoc asked. "Hsssssshhhhhh!" Tolrock whispered. "Dont say my name out loud! Just get on the horse!" Madoc found this even stranger, Tolrock now he wasn't a fan of horses, but Tolrock wich was masculine and twice as big as Madoc almost threw Madoc on the horse and the horse ran away immediatly. "STOP!" Madoc tried to scream several times, but Tolrock didn't answer him, the horse just kept running and it felt like it would never stop.

Madoc must have fallen asleep, next thing he sees is a campfire, in a cave with Tolrock. He remembered it all immediatly and started to scream at Tolrock. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" "ITS ILLEGAL THIS STUFF I WILL TELL YOU!" "ITS CALLED KIDNAPPING!" Tolrock waited until Madoc was done screaming at him and started to talk. "You had to get out of there, i met some guys on my way for adventure that said something about the shire not being safe and stuff like that. I got worried, but ignored it, after all it could just have been rumors. Then i saw some creepy guys heading for the shire and followed them. Thats when i got sure they was going to the shire, and they had swords and big backpacks probably filled with weapons. Im sorry i had to get you out of there." "WHAT?!" Madoc was even more mad now. "WE CAN'T LET THE OTHERS DIE WE NEED TO GET BACK!" he shouted of all his power. "I'm sorry Madoc, its too dangerous, let's go to sleep." Madoc couldn't sleep. He couldn't believe his friend was going to let the other hobbits die. Thats when he decided that he wasn't going to be the traitor in the story. He was gonna be the hero.

He stole Talrock's horse and went for the shire again. Good thing Talrock had a map in his backpack, or else Madoc would have been all lost. He got to the shire again about 4 hours later. He couldn't believe what he saw, it was true. There where creepy guys all over the town trying to steal people's things. That's what they were. Thieves. Not the worst that could have happened, he thought. Still, he couldn't fight them all alone. Thats when he noticed some other hobbits trying to fight them. He went over there and said he could help. "Okay lets do it!" they said. They all tried really hard to fight back the thieves but couldn't do it. At the end they had to escape, they told everyone to run away and the hobbits listened to them. They all ran in different directions, but the fighting hobbits were together. "Guess we have to find a new place to stay," Madoc said. The other hobbits presented theirselves, Madoc last, but he never remembered all the names so he kept calling them "You with the big mustache" and stuff like that. They all traveled for a long time trying to find a new place to stay. They didn't think of the other hobbits that got away, but it was some fighters among them too, so they guess they would be alright. Madoc couldn't stop thinking about Tolrock that tried to run away from all his families and friends to save himself. He didn't care anymore either.

When they had travelled for about 3 days some orcs got their eye on them. "ORCS!" one of them shouted. They tried to run away but the orcs was riding on wolves so they never had a chance. Madoc managed to hide beneath a stone somehow, but he couldn't do anything but watch his friends get slayed. For the first time of his life he cried. He had let his friends down to save his own life. He wish he could change place with them. When he hadn't heard anything for half an hour he got out from his hiding spot. All his mates bodies were lying around there. He buried them all next to eachother and made a cross out of 2 sticks. He couldn't write so he just prayed for them and continued on. He was on his own now trying to find somewhere to stay. After 6 days of walking he ran out of food. After another day he ran out of water too. He couldn't continue on. Just when he thought it all was gonna end he heard voices. Not from an orc language or something like that, he could understand them! He managed to crawl over the hill and saw a village. The last thing he saw before he fainted was that someone ran up to him.

Madoc is 40 years old now and have decided to leave the village to explore the world further. There has to be more to be seen he thinks, and travels of from the village that saved his life.

My 3rd application, hope this holds Posted Image

Also i have a question, isn't the server opening today? It's the 5th january for me after all but maybe its not for you, just wondering.
Posted Image

georpthey123
    georpthey123

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Postguest91111, on 05 January 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

paulsoaresjr

Just, no, man. Read the full introduction post, there's a whole application to fill out. It's worth it if you're interested, but you won't get in with just your IGN. Try again.
I don't usually use profile pictures on forums...but when I do I use one of me, because I'm a fearless bastard.

No-one could ever reject your excessive swag levels Gstar
-Kuloko

SpicyLemur
  • Minecraft: spicylemur
  • Xbox:who plays xbox?

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postgeorpthey123, on 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Just, no, man. Read the full introduction post, there's a whole application to fill out. It's worth it if you're interested, but you won't get in with just your IGN. Try again.

View Postgeorpthey123, on 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

i dont think he was trying to get in.

MiNiMcentee007

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I will get working on it
Happy to help!  
D.