• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Hobbit Role Play - Lord of the Rings [RP][24/7][Races][Classes][Custom Plugins][Custom Map]

rp roleplay middle earth lord of the rings the hobbit hobbit rhovanion lotr role play 24/7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1117 replies to this topic

Dragons5439
  • Minecraft: Dragons5439

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostSpicyLemur, on 30 December 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

im actually 12 btw. i am finding it hard to pretend to act like something is there when its not. i can act out my character fine. do you want me to say i went somewhere else were there was a civalisation or another idea that i get a group of friends to come along and make a tribe?

Well, I'm 19, and I've had to role play a 67 year old grandfather who was imprisoned for 12 years prior because I killed my son.  To tell you the honest truth, I've actually never had that experience before (Surprise!), so it's always good to branch out and try something new.  As for acting like something isn't there, just add it to your biography.  You'll find it easier to pretend something is there once you get started (it's like starting an essay; it's always hard to get started, but it flows once you get going).

As for making a tribe: the important thing is to stick with the role play and Tolkien lore.  It is easier to use his work as your framework (going to Lake Town, fearing the shadow and Desolation of Smaug around the Lonely Mountain, taking trade routes through the Old Forest Road to ensure you have the protection of Elvish archers as you get closer to the Misty Mountains) for your story.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

cormag778

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Any tips/ advice for making a goblin character? The lore is heavily lacking.

Dragons5439

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, I'll jot up what I can (I'll add it to the First Post).  Tolkien doesn't write much on Goblin and Orc culture, as they are really the play things of Morgoth and Sauron, but of course it is important to act correctly.

I'll see what I can do, and if you need any further help, feel free to send me a Private Message when you need it.
Posted Image

Fvlc
    Fvlc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: Fvlc

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

@Dragons5439: Ok. That makes more sense. Thanks!

Kuloko
    Kuloko

The Lucid Dream

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1540 posts
  • Minecraft: Kuloko
  • Xbox:Philly St0rm

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostDragons5439, on 30 December 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Joshzoladz, I have no idea who you are, but you have my eternal praise and gratitude.  You seem to have an innate ability to tame Kuloko's tongue!  That is, absolutely and astonishingly, incredible!

What's that supposed to mean Dragons?

Posted Image
Please follow the rules of the forums located here: Rules

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to contact me!

Dragons5439

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

So yeah, I'm liking the apps so far!  And Cormag778, I've added the list of Goblin traits to the first post.  If that helps, great!  If not, let me know and I'll try to help you out more personally.
Posted Image

crazyal888

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

You should add something about hobbits so people are inclined to make more of them.

Posted Image

SpicyLemur
  • Minecraft: spicylemur
  • Xbox:who plays xbox?

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostDragons5439, on 30 December 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Well, I'm 19, and I've had to role play a 67 year old grandfather who was imprisoned for 12 years prior because I killed my son.  To tell you the honest truth, I've actually never had that experience before (Surprise!), so it's always good to branch out and try something new.  As for acting like something isn't there, just add it to your biography.  You'll find it easier to pretend something is there once you get started (it's like starting an essay; it's always hard to get started, but it flows once you get going).

As for making a tribe: the important thing is to stick with the role play and Tolkien lore.  It is easier to use his work as your framework (going to Lake Town, fearing the shadow and Desolation of Smaug around the Lonely Mountain, taking trade routes through the Old Forest Road to ensure you have the protection of Elvish archers as you get closer to the Misty Mountains) for your story.

View PostDragons5439, on 30 December 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

so can i take that idea because it seems to me like my ideas arent very good which is fine and all but yeah, ill try imagining it.

Falzarr
    Falzarr

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postcrazyal888, on 30 December 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

You should add something about hobbits so people are inclined to make more of them.

I agree. We always had a low number of hobbits on MERP, and we still have a low number here. Everyone's reasoning for races is most likely along these lines.

Dwarves: Epic short people with battleaxes, beards, and ale. Whats not to love?
Elves: I want to be Legolas.... <.< >.>
Humans: I'm a human IRL, why change? They are normal. I like being normal.
Goblins: I'm gunna kill you, steal yo' stuff, then kill you again!!
Hobbits: Fat, rather silly looking, huge feet, not that smart in comparison. Sure they are funny to watch....but I wouldn't want to be one.

We need something to make Hobbits more enticing...and something to make Elves and Dwarves LESS enticing.
Posted Image

mcisawesome54

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Application*
Your In Game Name (IGN, Minecraft Login): mcgramar54
Your Time Zone (GMT please):+0
Your Character’s Name:Drake
Your Character’s Race:human
Your Character’s Age:35
Your Character’s Biography (History of your character, and a little about his/her personality):Drake is very smart  even for the humans standers his best friend is a elf named logian Drake grew up as a warrior he was raised in gondor and was a palidians son and has visited hobbiten is great with a sword his mother worked as a black smith the only female black smith in gondor his farther died when he was 12 by that age he was already could certife to be a gondor gaurdian but because of his age he was put in to military school and went to camp for 8 years when he came back his mom was gravely ill and soon later she died after that he started to travel and left gondor two years after he left he ran into a elf in the forest both startelt they drew there weapons when the relized both wernt a theart to the other they shared there live story when both were similar they were a lot differnt at the same time they now are best friends and travel together they have had many encounters with saurons  dark forces single handly they took out three orc bases and are still battleing agianst all that opose them

Kuloko
    Kuloko

The Lucid Dream

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1540 posts
  • Minecraft: Kuloko
  • Xbox:Philly St0rm

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Well, I personally love Minecraft farming which is why I'll probably be a dwarf farmer but I love just sitting back, relaxing and smoking pipe weed as a hobbit. They're fun to play, they love inns almost as much as dwarves and they're just merry folk.

Don't believe me? Well.... HERE!

(The green Dragon song)

And whats NOT enticing about being a goblin, you have an excuse to be a hostile minecraft character, get in scuffles, raid, if you like more PvP in your roleplay then the goblin is for you. Plus you get to RP with Vinny and hopefully he doesn't find an excuse to kill you.

Posted Image
Please follow the rules of the forums located here: Rules

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to contact me!

mcisawesome54

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi is this good I known that its cheesy

Hi what's up

Shal5
    Shal5

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: shal5

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Could anyone Explain to me what's required to Get a RP death a bit more precisely?

Posted Image

Dragons5439

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

mcgramar54: If you could read over my previous comments, you still haven't changed the previous problems with your application.

And yeah, I'll see what I can add about hobbits to make them more enticing.  Personally, I like playing as the Elves because of their culture, language, and lifestyle, not because, "I'mma be Legolas, dog!"  I enjoy long walks in the forest, gazing at nature, and writing books.  It's all good.  Hobbits are more of the same, except a little more hardy and down-to-earth (less removed).  

And yes, Vinny will totally, "RIP YOUR HEART OUT!" if you cross any lines as a Gobliln.  Posted Image

Shal5: An RP death is, in essence, your actual death in the server.  Dying in Minecraft (losing 10 hearts) doesn't equal an RP death, and is instead treated as a major injury or some other incapacitation.  Death would be something that would be role played out (and in some cases, whether you are there are not, if you're a terrible rule breaker who won't play along).

There are several ways to go about actually dying.  Sometimes, you'll use it to make a new character (which means you'll have to come back here and reapply for a new character, a long and lengthy process in which all your previous data is wiped from the server and you keep nothing, so it isn't advised)  after getting bored with your old one.  You can role play being infected, terribly injured, or some other sad fate.

The most common way an RP Death has been given in the past has been executions.  If someone is role playing a thief and is caught, a ruler may determine that he is to be executed.  The entire event is then role played out (There is a good youtube video from one of our previous servers of Kuloko getting executed).  You'll still have to make a new character, your items will be erased, and your progress will be undone, but if it was all done correctly, then you shouldn't have any other lasting consequences (Or as we call them, RPVs: Role Play Violations).
Posted Image

juckil
    juckil

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Minecraft: Juckil

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Dragons, I'm not sure whether these affect you or this server, but you may want to take a look just in case.
http://en.wikipedia...._Protection_Act

Dragons5439

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postjuckil, on 30 December 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Dragons, I'm not sure whether these affect you or this server, but you may want to take a look just in case.

We can go into a long debate, but in essence, we're running through the names of Minecraft and other entities.  It is Minecraft Forums that is responsible for protecting minors on their database, not a dependent using their forums.

So thank you for your concern.
Posted Image

Shal5
    Shal5

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: shal5

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostDragons5439, on 30 December 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Shal5: An RP death is, in essence, your actual death in the server.  Dying in Minecraft (losing 10 hearts) doesn't equal an RP death, and is instead treated as a major injury or some other incapacitation.  Death would be something that would be role played out (and in some cases, whether you are there are not, if you're a terrible rule breaker who won't play along).

There are several ways to go about actually dying.  Sometimes, you'll use it to make a new character (which means you'll have to come back here and reapply for a new character, a long and lengthy process in which all your previous data is wiped from the server and you keep nothing, so it isn't advised)  after getting bored with your old one.  You can role play being infected, terribly injured, or some other sad fate.

The most common way an RP Death has been given in the past has been executions.  If someone is role playing a thief and is caught, a ruler may determine that he is to be executed.  The entire event is then role played out (There is a good youtube video from one of our previous servers of Kuloko getting executed).  You'll still have to make a new character, your items will be erased, and your progress will be undone, but if it was all done correctly, then you shouldn't have any other lasting consequences (Or as we call them, RPVs: Role Play Violations).

Link to the video?

Posted Image

juckil
    juckil

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Minecraft: Juckil

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostDragons5439, on 30 December 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

We can go into a long debate, but in essence, we're running through the names of Minecraft and other entities.  It is Minecraft Forums that is responsible for protecting minors on their database, not a dependent using their forums.

So thank you for your concern.
Alrighty that's all good then :)

3VN
    3VN

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostShal5, on 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Link to the video?

Here

juckil