Texture Pack Download (If Spout fails you):
Three thousand years ago, the Last Alliance of Elves and Men marched against the Dark Lord Sauron in the land of Mordor. The fighting was great, and thousands met their demise. But in the end, the Alliance proved victorious and threw down the Dark Lord and his servants, securing a new Age of peace in Middle Earth.
A video summary for the literary impaired.
That age, the Third Age, is drawing to a close. The Dwarves and Goblins fought a dreadful war across the Misty Mountains, and whole towns lie in ruins across Rhovanion. Smaug rains destruction from his new lair within the Lonely Mountain, above the now destroyed city of Dale. The Men of Dale have fled southward, building a new Lake Town on Esgaroth as their home. Meanwhile, other villages have been ravaged from new invasions from the Easterlings of Rhun. The Elves are in disarray in the south as the power of the Three Rings begins to fade and Thranduil in the north must cope with new Goblin armies marching from Gundabad. The future is dark. How will you play?
A map made by one of our artists.
Welcome to The Hobbit Role Play, the latest Unlimited Clan Role Playing server! The Hobbit Role Play, or THRP for short, is an intense role play server based in Tolkien’s Middle Earth. The server is based in the North East of Middle Earth, otherwise known as the region of Rhovanion. The entire experience will be based around Tolkien’s work, but will be influenced by your and other’s choices. It is currently a few years before the events in The Hobbit, so you are free to attempt any undertakings of your own you may wish to have: will you try to rebuild the human kingdoms in the North? Will you try to retake fortresses from the Easterlings? Will you train a brave squad to raid Smaug’s lair (not advised)? The fate of Rhovanion lies with you and everyone else in the server.
An orc raid.
Some important points:
1) This server is entirely role play. You must remain in character at all time, and breaking character is forbidden.
2) There are a few rules to follow while role playing (listed below). These are to prevent general chaos, so for the most part, you are free to do as you wish.
So, if you’re looking at other role playing servers, what separates us from the others you may have encountered?
What we offer:
- 100% hand built map – We worked weeks on it, and you will fall immediately into the server.
- Custom Texture Pack – It will be forced with Spoutcraft.
- Unique Class System – Build your character as you like by placing skill points in trees. You can either specialize or be a “Jack of All Trades”
- Different Races – Play as a Human, Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, or even a Goblin
- Custom Plugins
- A good roleplaying environment
- Much more!
- Appropriate Minecraft Skin (as befits your character)
- Spoutcraft (This is necessary, instructions on how to install are below)
- Join our website (http://unlimitedclan...forum/forum.php) as your best place for information about events in the server and coordinating with other players of the community.
- An Open Mind
Elves in battle.
In order to join, you must fill out an application on the character you will be role playing as and await acceptance by one of the whitelisters. They will look over applications once a day, so please be patient. If you are denied, you are not disqualified forever; they just want to ensure you have a decent character to role play as, one that won’t ruin the experience for others and is developed enough to give you a good story to work through.
The staff will not be responsible for creating the role play (Though that doesn’t mean we won’t). That main responsibility falls to the community, and with many servers of experience, there are many in the community who know how to inspire their own events.
Your In Game Name (IGN, Minecraft Login):
Your Time Zone (GMT please):
Your Character’s Name:
Your Character’s Race:
Your Character’s Age:
Your Character’s Biography (History of your character, and a little about his/her personality):
The Description must be at least 250 words in length. No exceptions.
If you have any questions about the lore of THRP, please feel free to read any of Tolkien’s books. If questions still exist, or you can’t get a hold of any of his books, feel free to read the Lord of the Rings Wiki (link below), and immerse yourself. If you still need help, feel free to contact me (Dragons5439) or my staff with any questions.
Head Admin: Me (Dragons5439)
Head Tech (and other Admin): LartTyler
American Moderators: MrFunEGUY and Fatesguard
European Moderators: Jefies and Amiadush
Whitelisters: Dragons5439 and MrFunEGUY
Link to Lord of the Rings Wiki: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Destroyed city of Dale.
As a final note, you may want to know the rules surrounding role play on the server. If there are any questions, please ask before you get into the server.
1) No powergaming (being invincible or not role playing fear, also not letting others respond to role play)
2) No metagaming (taking of information out of role play and using it in role play)
3) No killing without role play before the fight (not including the PVP area)
4) No griefing (this includes breaking into someone else's house, or placing blocks, not ladders, to climb over walls).
5) Build within role play – do not make 1x1 structures.
6) No magic is to be used by any player either as an explanation for role play or to influence an action (no one is an Istari).
7) Do not to keep an obscene amount of animals (to prevent lag). This means anything over 6 of each.
8) Keep to the Tolkien mythos (Example: Elvish is in the multiple forms provided, such as Quenyan and Sindarin. Not in "The Ancient Language" or any of that Eragon mumbo-jumbo).
9) Stay in character at all times - there are consequences with breaking role play called RPVs (Role Play Violations). Being given 3 RPVs will signify a one week temporary ban.
Lake Town on Esgaroth
It’s really quite simple. Just follow this link (http://get.spout.org/) and download the client. Again, I will be able to answer all your questions if you have any, just send me a private message.
See you in Rhovanion!
Frequently Asked Questions (Questions people sent me and I feel I should answer in public)
1) Who will be doing the whitelisting?
I will, and will publicly state whether you made it or not. If you didn't, I will give feedback so that your application can be fixed.
MrFunEGUY, one of my moderators, will also assist in whitelisting (particularly during the week). He will also give feedback and add you immediately to the whitelist.
2) What specifically are the playable races? (This person was lazy, but hey, I'm nice)
There are two groups: the Free People and the Forces of Evil. As a player, you may choose:
Free People: Men (including Beornings), Elves (Avari/Noldorian/Silvan), Dwarves, Hobbits
Forces of Evil: Easterlings
You may not choose to play as Smaug, and you may not choose to play as the Goblins.
3) Can I be named Bard?
You may not take the name of any major character in Tolkien's stories. Create your own person.
4) Do you have any suggestions about making a biography for an Elf character?
Yes! Here is a quick guide (Thank you PhluXx1!).
5) What are some guidelines for making a good Dwarf Character?
Well, here's another small list (not anywhere as detailed as the Elf one, sorry), but it should help in the creation of a Dwarf character.
6) If I'm chasing someone, and they run into their house and lock the door, can I break the wall to go in after them?
Try to avoid it. This is a role play server, not focusing on a strong PVP aspect (though those elements exist). These scenarios will really be judged on a case by case scenario, but an honest attempt to role play with the person (including offering to take them hostage/accept a bribe) must be given. If, in the case of war, the enemy goes and locks themselves inside a small room (and won't surrender), you are free to pursue.
7) The gates outside a city are locked, and I can't get inside. And it's my racial city!
Yell louder ("/c sh" is the command to yell, and reaches about 70 blocks, which should be far enough to reach across most of a habitable city). Try not to dig through the wall, as you may destroy the redstone running the gates, and we will be most displeased about that (and we'll find out, since you can't place redstone).
The Entrance to the Lonely Mountain
Whitelist (If your name isn't here and you've applied, you need to fix your application).
(Latest review is on page 48)
Current Race Count:
Nimane (Human) / Nimane9 (?)