Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to make it nighttime forever? ADVENTURE MAP

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

darklordx123
  • Minecraft: kumailispro

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I need to know, because I need to make an adventure map that works only at night. Command blocks can be used.

EDIT: I need a method when it stays nighttime even after sleeping.

"I came, I saw, I mined."

Register or log in to remove.

stent83
    stent83

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Minecraft: rededed

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

There is probably a easier way but you could use a command block with a command to make it night and attach it to a day/night sensor, so when it turns to day it powers it and changes it to night.

Unilegger
    Unilegger

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5809 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Make a daylight sensor with a Inverted gate switch. I don't know how to make one, but here:

Posted Image

Chewy2014
    Chewy2014

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Minecraft: Chewy2014

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I've seen people use minecarts passing through cobwebs to make a timer. Setup maybe 12-15 cobwebs vertically, drop a minecart through them, and have it hit a detector rail at the bottom. This detector rail will then power a command block set to "/time set night". Have the minecart continue on rails back to the top. Adjust the cobwebs to the timing you like :)
Posted Image

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

No need for a light sensor.  It won't give you the desired effect anyway - it won't work until about 9am.

What you want is a command block slaved to a despawn timer.  Set a dispenser so it drops a thing - maybe a dirt block - on a pressure plate.  When the block despawns, the plate comes up and stops delivering power.  Invert the signal and run it back to the dispenser.  Now you have a clock with a 5-minute pulse, and you can use it to /time set 15000.  Voila - endless night.

But the moon will jump across the sky every 5 minutes.

erntcariu_ua12_me
  • Minecraft: chrisman6761
  • Xbox:Sorry

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostBoundegar, on 11 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

But the moon will jump across the sky every 5 minutes.
And everyone thought the "cow jumped over the moon...." when really the moon jumps across the sky.
Posted Image

koopax
    koopax

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Minecraft: koopax

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hook a command block with /time set night up to a redstone pulse circuit activated by the map-player(s) when they start. (Sorry if there's something wrong with this suggestion. I'm not a redstone expert.)

ThePowerRanger

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

I don't know how much this will lag as iv'e never tried it but here goes...
Like Koopax said, hook a command block to a button the player activates when they start. However, make a loop so that it repeatedly activates the command block. Your choice on how much time is in between each reset.

koopax
    koopax

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Minecraft: koopax

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I figured out what exactly you can do:
1. Set the command to /time set 14000
2. Connect it to a "circular" circuit made out of repeaters and redstone, so that the signal travels in an endless loop.
3. Connect it to a button (but not a pressure plater or lever) that the player is required to activate before starting the map.

sPLATTYY
  • Minecraft: Hejzan

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Use sethblings method of using minecarts! It's great and easily customizable.

There's 2 command blocks in this picture so I can change if I want it to stay as day or night.

Posted Image

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Easiest way is to use a detector rail and a mine cart.

Make a track that has a minecart that goes back and forth over a detector rail. Place the command block right next to the detector rail.

Everytime that minecart passes the command block it will set the time to well whatever you choose. I think midnight is 18000.

Extremely easy to build... though I am not sure exactly how it might effect performance. You will want to disable the command block output though. Because it does spam!

Right now in my testing world I have it set so that it changes between midnight and dawn every few seconds. Posted Image

EDIT: Well I tried making it so I  could easily switch between only night and having it change every few seconds. It was easy... but while pulling the levers I realized that sometimes the timing wasn't right and it would sorta break it.

But anyways that's not what you wanted anyways. :P

But for the always night time, again a  minecart going back and forth over a detector rail thats hooked up to a command block should easily do the trick.

darklordx123

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostUnit7, on 12 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Easiest way is to use a detector rail and a mine cart.

Make a track that has a minecart that goes back and forth over a detector rail. Place the command block right next to the detector rail.

Everytime that minecart passes the command block it will set the time to well whatever you choose. I think midnight is 18000.

Extremely easy to build... though I am not sure exactly how it might effect performance. You will want to disable the command block output though. Because it does spam!

Right now in my testing world I have it set so that it changes between midnight and dawn every few seconds. Posted Image

EDIT: Well I tried making it so I  could easily switch between only night and having it change every few seconds. It was easy... but while pulling the levers I realized that sometimes the timing wasn't right and it would sorta break it.

But anyways that's not what you wanted anyways. Posted Image

But for the always night time, again a  minecart going back and forth over a detector rail thats hooked up to a command block should easily do the trick.
But what happens if someone sleeps in a bed? Won't that mess up the timing?

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postdarklordx123, on 12 December 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

But what happens if someone sleeps in a bed? Won't that mess up the timing?

When someone sleeps in a  bed it will temporarily turn day, but within like a second it will turn night again. As long as the  minecart goes over the detector rail your minecraft world will be in perpetual darkness. :)

Posted Image

This is all you will need to keep it night in your minecraft world.

but again you will need to turn off the command block output. All this does is remove the text saying what the command blocks do.  To do this you type  /gamerule commandBlockOutput false   into a different command block.  This is case sensitive though.

Simple and easy. :)

Hmm

did some testing with the bed. With the set up  in the picture when you wake up its sometimes night immediately and sometimes its day but only for a second.

darklordx123

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostUnit7, on 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

When someone sleeps in a  bed it will temporarily turn day, but within like a second it will turn night again. As long as the  minecart goes over the detector rail your minecraft world will be in perpetual darkness. Posted Image

Posted Image

This is all you will need to keep it night in your minecraft world.

but again you will need to turn off the command block output. All this does is remove the text saying what the command blocks do.  To do this you type  /gamerule commandBlockOutput false   into a different command block.  This is case sensitive though.

Simple and easy. Posted Image

Hmm

did some testing with the bed. With the set up  in the picture when you wake up its sometimes night immediately and sometimes its day but only for a second.
If I turn output off, will it still show my /say commands?

Markscape
  • Minecraft: Markscape

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostsPLATTxz0r, on 12 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Use sethblings method of using minecarts! It's great and easily customizable.

There's 2 command blocks in this picture so I can change if I want it to stay as day or night.

Posted Image

Creating this at the world spawn will also have it work for the whole world - since a few chunks around spawn are always loaded.

View Postlins05, on 22 February 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

hey peps i need a ckicken house ida.i just luv ckhickens and i want to build a manchin for them..........

dracodraco100

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

View Postdarklordx123, on 13 December 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

Judging by what I know, no, as /say is different from the output. The output is what the command block says, while /say is treated like a player.
Posted Image

Globex Leader said:

If I can't launch the nukes, I'll walk them there myself!(Strike Force Heroes 2)

HakimAthalla21

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

i'm guessing you'll need mods for that. not sure though
Like what you see, darling? why not click the green button :) it sure does help me

Saydin
    Saydin

Support Guru

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostChewy2014, on 11 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

I've seen people use minecarts passing through cobwebs to make a timer. Setup maybe 12-15 cobwebs vertically, drop a minecart through them, and have it hit a detector rail at the bottom. This detector rail will then power a command block set to "/time set night". Have the minecart continue on rails back to the top. Adjust the cobwebs to the timing you like Posted Image
I never thought of that. Command blocks can be very useful things. :3

Posted Image

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postdarklordx123, on 13 December 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yes /say commands should work. The output seems to just say what is being performed.

Markscape did bring up something I forgot to mention. Once the chunks are unloaded the minecart will no longer activate the switch... but I guess if it's at the world spawn it will work no matter where you are in the world.

If not then it's a simple task of making more of them. Which from the looks of it no matter which route you go should be a quick thing. You'd just need to figure out where to build them.

BenOngAlive
  • Minecraft: benong171

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Maybe the cheapest method is to hook up a fast-clock or rapid pulsar to a command block with /time set 16000 on it, and of course set commandBlockOutput to false. Endless night, and the moon barely even moves.
BenOngAlive, of whose inner machinations are an enigma