three_two's Tuff Terrain Series

survival terrain terraform landscape three_two

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

three_two

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

A series of tough survival maps on tough terrain

I do a lot of terraforming. Most of the work is very experimental. Some times the yield is too good not to share. This series presents some of the more unique landscapes I've created. Each map is a fully realized survival world containing all the necessary resources to survive and if you're lucky enough, thrive.

There is no story line, no task set, and no monument to complete. These maps are just survival maps. Good to kill a few hours or, a few days. If you need a sense of completion just work your way to the End and defeat the derpiest dragon. Credits will roll.

Rules:
No hacks and such. Play at the highest difficulty you can handle. Meh, that about covers it.

Maps:
Mandlebulb Fractal:
Spoiler:

Desert Bloom:
Spoiler:

More coming soon!

Other maps by three_two:
Vinyl Fantasy CTM series
Cluster Chunk PvP

Terms of use:
Author is not responsible for damage caused by the use of this map / file(s)
Do not distribute this map / file(s) without author's explicit written permission
Do not distribute modified versions of this map / file(s) without author's explicit written permission
Do not attempt to earn income directly from this map / file(s) by selling, selling modified versions or charging fees to play this map / file(s)
Do not attempt to earn income from this map / file(s) using revenue generating URL shorteners such as Adf.ly, ShareCash etc.
Any person(s), group(s) or corporation(s) found in violation of these terms may be held responsible for damages.
This map / file(s) is Copyright© 2012 and is the intellectual property of the Author (three_two)

As the user you have the right to post video content of this map / file(s) on video and streaming sites such as Youtube and twitch TV. The user has the right to use video content of this map / file(s) commercially for the purpose of monetization. Videos must contain a link to the Tuff Terrain Minecraft Forums thread.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1887 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Woah. That's... How do I even compliment this? Both of them look freaking epic. The overhead view of the second one especially. I'll definitely give them a try at some point.

Just curious here; did you touch any of the pictures up in PS or another equivalent? It's obvious you used the shaders mod, but I just want to know if it's only that and you just cranked the settings up, or if you added a few things afterwards. The last picture of the second map is the main one that looks like it's been modified, but maybe I'm wrong.

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

isaac_bardin
  • Minecraft: idb79

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ohey, a new halfstack map series? Glad to see it! While I do much prefer Vinyl Fantasy over this, these look quite fun. If I ever have a spare second or two (not likely) I'll try one.

For people that don't know halfstack, yes, these maps are the kind of terrain he throws out from his bigger maps because it's "not good enough". -___-

Dem standards.
Posted Image

three_two

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postdragonsrule9, on 11 December 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Woah. That's... How do I even compliment this? Both of them look freaking epic. The overhead view of the second one especially. I'll definitely give them a try at some point.

Just curious here; did you touch any of the pictures up in PS or another equivalent? It's obvious you used the shaders mod, but I just want to know if it's only that and you just cranked the settings up, or if you added a few things afterwards. The last picture of the second map is the main one that looks like it's been modified, but maybe I'm wrong.
Hey thanks!
For the images I used Chunky, a Minecraft mapping and rendering tool. No post production on the images. Just pure Chunky.
http://www.reddit.com/r/chunky/
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1887 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postthree_two, on 11 December 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hey thanks!
For the images I used Chunky, a Minecraft mapping and rendering tool. No post production on the images. Just pure Chunky.
http://www.reddit.com/r/chunky/
Ooooh, I see. That would make sense. :P Imma download it and check it out.

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

Wessexstock

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Fantastic.
Keep it up, friend!

Moderator and Lead map developer @

Posted Image

Womboe
    Womboe

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Minecraft: Womboe
  • Xbox:OctopusUniverse

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Thats amazing! Downloading at least one of them. :D
Quagsires Rule!

Charman
    Charman

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

May I ask what texture pack you used?

three_two

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostCharman, on 12 December 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

May I ask what texture pack you used?
It's the default texture pack o_O
Posted Image

Fangride
    Fangride

Meowderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3967 posts
  • Minecraft: Maridiem

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Dem shaders :o

Looks great though! I'm not a pure survivalist type, but these are gorgeous just to stare at... like that last one...
Posted Image

Charman
    Charman

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View Postthree_two, on 12 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

It's the default texture pack o_O
o_O Awesome Terra forming and shaders then?

Wailmer
    Wailmer

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Location: Swimmin' with the Wailmer, Inkay? Now don't bother me.
  • Minecraft: Submonsterine
  • Xbox:Absolute Crapalicious

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Awesome...*I'm drooling right now...*
Posted Image
Sorry, that IP's wrong :L Real IP: play.XperiaMC.x10.mx Have fun!

BenOngAlive
  • Minecraft: benong171

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Wow. The Tuff Terrain series is starting to look like a super-enhanced version of Vechs' Super Docile survival series. Masterful aesthetics on your part, especially the second map. To me, it looks like a pyramid by day and a volcano by dusk. Great job! By any chance, do you have any external experience of visual & aesthetic art? This is breathtaking.
BenOngAlive, of whose inner machinations are an enigma

brandon314
  • Minecraft: tintinba

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

OMG!:) epic landscape. The desert one is so big! In all length width and height. make a combanaiton of this and vinyl fantasy so just the desert one with a bedrock ceiling. One question though: whenever I go into the maps, I lag really bad and turning down my render distance just makes it worse. What should I do?Posted Image
Posted Image
I still cannot find how to get to intersection 4 :(

wrightforce
  • Minecraft: wrightboy98

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

3_2, I have come to conclude that, between this and VF, you are the best terraformer ever.  Everything you make is simply stunning.

View PostBenOngAlive, on 13 December 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Wow. The Tuff Terrain series is starting to look like a super-enhanced version of Vechs' Super Docile survival series. Masterful aesthetics on your part, especially the second map. To me, it looks like a pyramid by day and a volcano by dusk. Great job! By any chance, do you have any external experience of visual & aesthetic art? This is breathtaking.
I think I remember from Joe Hills' VF video that he has had multiple years of training in visual arts.  That video also made me adore 3_2's work.  From the second he stepped onto the starting island, I just thought, "Wow, this is incredible.  I don't think anyone can make something prettier than this."  I was proven wrong, but only ever by more of your work.  Looking forward to more from this series and VFIII!
Posted Image

LimitlessMC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Brilliant!
I was going to make a series similar to these but i'm not sure I can top this!
"The only easy day was yesterday"

three_two

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostCharman, on 12 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

o_O Awesome Terra forming and shaders then?

The fancy screenshots are generated with Chunky

View PostBenOngAlive, on 13 December 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah I dropped out of art school like a boss and pursued various artistic careers along the paths of illustration, toy prototyping/3D modeling and fine art bum.

View Postbrandon314, on 14 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

One question though: whenever I go into the maps, I lag really bad and turning down my render distance just makes it worse. What should I do?Posted Image

With all do respect, recycle your computer.

View Postwrightforce, on 14 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

3_2, I have come to conclude that, between this and VF, you are the best terraformer ever.  Everything you make is simply stunning.
Looking forward to more from this series and VFIII!

Thanks! I should have another Tuff Terrain map in a few days and I'm working on VFIII but, that's a much slower process.

View PostLimitlessMC, on 14 December 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Brilliant!
I was going to make a series similar to these but i'm not sure I can top this!

Don't let that stop you. It's your world, take it!
Posted Image

LimitlessMC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I will continue!
I made this in like 5 minutes and it was really enjoyable to create. I used World painter and I bet if I took more time on it I could create it much much better.
-meh.. snip-
I see you like your craft scripts, 3_2.

I was wondering.. What tools do you use? I think I saw Spiral Craft Script by inHazed, worldpainter? Maybe voxel sniper.. maybe, if not inHazed terraformer?

You're a genius 3_2..
A genius.

LimitlessMC

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

You're inspiring three_two
Posted Image

three_two

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostLimitlessMC, on 15 December 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

You're inspiring three_two