• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Random Crashes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SirChapsterthe4th

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

So ever since 1.4, Minecraft has crashed for Heaven knows what reason, at any given time. when this happens, it just closes, and a little hs_err_pid notepad file shows up on my desktop screen.

Spoiler:

This happened to me Before 1.4 aswell, but I did some research and found it was an OpenGL error, and had to disable OpenGL. It worked fine til 1.4 I do have some mods, but I know that isn't them. I've tried it without a single mod installed, and it still does it.

Any advice?

Register or log in to remove.

lightbulbwindows1000
  • Minecraft: BlueAmbulance
  • Xbox:Never heard of it
  • PSN:PS...2?

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Try to find a way to enable minidumps. Google it! Minidumps is what helps Java dump memory when the core dump fails.
Posted Image

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

You only have 1GB of RAM?  I'm thinking you may want to change the memory parameters for Java by launching with a script to allocate less memory to minecraft.  The default is jvm_args: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m  Which means that Java can grab up to 1GB of memory, however you only have that much, so if it even gets close to that it will crash.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

SirChapsterthe4th

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Thats interesting. How might I go about doing such a thing?

Saydin
    Saydin

Support Guru

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I was having the exact same problem, I am sure.
All I did was update my Java and it fixed itself.

Posted Image

SirChapsterthe4th

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I have the latest version of Java

Well I installed lwjgl, and the crashes aren't happening as often.

lightbulbwindows1000

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

View Postrodabon, on 12 December 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

You only have 1GB of RAM?  I'm thinking you may want to change the memory parameters for Java by launching with a script to allocate less memory to minecraft.  The default is jvm_args: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m  Which means that Java can grab up to 1GB of memory, however you only have that much, so if it even gets close to that it will crash.
You only have 1GB of RAM like what rodabon said? The requirements are 2GB of RAM, and for the best performance, you should have 4+GB of RAM.
Posted Image

SirChapsterthe4th

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I read that the requirements for Minecraft was 800mb of RAM.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostSirChapsterthe4th, on 13 December 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

1GB is pushing the limit IMO.  Lets say that minecraft at some point is utilizing 800mb's on your system, that only leaves 200 mb's for your OS to run on.  Well what if your OS is using 300mb or more, then you have a problem and crashes start happening.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

SirChapsterthe4th

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

You have a point. But right now, I have no money for an upgrade. Especially with Christmas coming up. I guess i'll have to live with it.

lightbulbwindows1000

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostSirChapsterthe4th, on 13 December 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

That's not even a gigabyte of RAM. That's even below the requirements for your computer to run smoothly. I read from Mojang that the requirements are 2GB (2,000MB) of RAM. Here are the system requirements from Mojang:
http://help.mojang.c...m-requirements-
Posted Image