Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I create a server?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Andrei905
  • Minecraft: DJStivz

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

How do I create a server? I know you have to download something (hard work)
But do I need to pay? Can you tell me more info on creating & hosting a server?

Register or log in to remove.

TrueXC
    TrueXC

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

What type of server?

SuperSupermario24

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://www.minecraft...ing_up_a_server
Posted Image
I am a being who can bend the very fabric of space and time to my liking. I'm usually a creeper but I can be anything.
Posted Image ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy

Andrei905
  • Minecraft: DJStivz

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Warning

Before following these instructions please note that running server software on your computer without a clear understanding of what you are doing may seriously harm your system and lead to vulnerabilities. Do not open ports in your router without knowing exactly what you are doing.

!!!

:))

This is what i was talking about.

Hobojimbobo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Its like making an air port at your house. People can come and go as they please but ocasionally some muslim will blow it up. Setting up a serverat home has these problems, but it is mostly free you will need a good system though, and internet speeds. Getting your server hosted by a hosting company is a better way to go, but it can cost $15 a month for a resonable good server. If you port forward, people can hack you so unless you know about networking and stuff, you shouldnt do it.

View PostAndrei905, on 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Warning

Before following these instructions please note that running server software on your computer without a clear understanding of what you are doing may seriously harm your system and lead to vulnerabilities. Do not open ports in your router without knowing exactly what you are doing.

!!!

Posted Image)

This is what i was talking about.

reidjako

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Okay creating a server is the process of making a server, not very complicated very easy just google it. Generally this refers to a locally hosted server. These servers are very rarely 24/7 and they do not have many slots and quiet laggy. A hosted server is were you pay some one else to host a server for you these servers are 24/7 and there are a whole range of package that comes with these.

I currently own 3 servers and manage 5 24/7 servers. I can if you want to get you special deals on 24/7 servers i.e. 40 slots for 5$ a month. I will set up a donation system, website and more. So if your interested in that just pm me :).
Posted Image
http://www.thundercraft.biz/ Join thundercraft. Ip: play.thundercraft.biz, pvp.thundercraft.biz or tekkit.thundercraft.biz!