• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

Dotcom
    Dotcom

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hello I mainly play single player and sometimes I play online with RL friends and we are wondering when if ever we will see any real content in this game.
I have got one update since i bought this game and it was completely lame some note blocks A fish mob that does nothing some dye and cake ? The dispenser is pointless for arrows as it is in accurate when set for a trap.

So when are we going to see some real game play
Boss mobs ? Other NPCs? this is stuff i have read that is supposed to be coming but hasn't even been mentioned more than once.

I have a hard time understanding why people find this to be ok no other developer in the WORLD would have this kind of support with the development we have seen coming out of this "company"

Pile that ontop of the still lasting server issues and bugs and we have one of the most broken games with the poorest support i have ever seen and yet people defend it to the end i do not get it !

YA it was cool for the first week or two but there needs to be much more
where is the realism mode and adventure mode?

Register or log in to remove.

Mofredur
    Mofredur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

the game is still in beta which means it's a work in progress

Dotcom
    Dotcom

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

Mofredur said:

the game is still in beta which means it's a work in progress
Wrong Beta is supposed to mean Feature complete
Beta is meant to iron out bugs and server loads / stability

If you are going to try to defend it at least know what your saying before you say it
otherwise you look like a trollolololol or fanboy

scrubking

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Updates? You want updates?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......HA!

GigaClon

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

regardless of the name it is a work in progress. Right now Notch is on vacation. It is still getting worked on. If you don't like it don't buy beta software.

Flowzor
    Flowzor

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • Minecraft: Flowz0r

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Dotcom said:

Wrong Beta is supposed to mean Feature complete

Not for Notch it doesn't.

Dotcom said:

at least know what your saying before you say it
otherwise you look like a trollolololol

right back at ya, kiddo.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Beatrice Hall (Yes, her. Not Voltair, look it up and stop bothering me about it.)

Klamfyr
    Klamfyr

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Dotcom said:

Pile that ontop of the still lasting server issues and bugs

Dotcom said:

I see.

ejh1990
    ejh1990

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

There is a new launcher being worked on (source and source), and a general update soon, but not until Notch is back (source). A new diode block looks like the next immediate addon, and also a secret block of some sorts (source and source, however as the sources state, they may not make the cut. The dev's Twitters are good place to get the latest Minecraft goss and check up on progress. :////:

As for the long-term planned features such as different game modes, it's anyones guess. They could be added right at the end, or as extra DLC, or maybe not at all any more. Who knows.

Oh, and mods extend gameplay. A lot.

Dotcom
    Dotcom

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

scrubking said:

Updates? You want updates?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......HA!

sad but this is the most useful reply so far

EvilSock

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

you know how when people call gabe fat half life 2 ep 3 gets delayed another year?

well every time someone complains about the lack of updates the updates get delayed by 1 week.

Flowzor
    Flowzor

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • Minecraft: Flowz0r

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

EvilSock said:

you know how when people call gabe fat half life 2 ep 3 gets delayed another year?

well every time someone complains about the lack of updates the updates get delayed by 1 week.

You got it all wrong, every time someone talks about HL2: EP3, Gabe gets fatter.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Beatrice Hall (Yes, her. Not Voltair, look it up and stop bothering me about it.)

atiaxi
    atiaxi

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Minecraft: atiaxi

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Goddammit, not this again.

Dotcom said:

Hello I mainly play single player and sometimes I play online with RL friends and we are wondering when if ever we will see any real content in this game.
I have got one update since i bought this game and it was completely lame some note blocks A fish mob that does nothing some dye and cake ? The dispenser is pointless for arrows as it is in accurate when set for a trap.

The problem is that this forum is entirely unpleasable.  See, if Notch had used his time machine and listened to what you just said now and done things like put bosses or something in the game, someone else would be complaining that he hadn't made dispensers or water mobs.

So why should he cater to just you instead of making the game the way he sees fit?
This forum ticked me off so much I went to random.org and set my password to something I'll never be able to remember, then switched my password reset to a throwaway.

Ferus Grim
  • Minecraft: ferusgrim

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Dotcom said:

So when are we going to see some real game play
Boss mobs ? Other NPCs? this is stuff i have read that is supposed to be coming but hasn't even been mentioned more than once.

I have a hard time understanding why people find this to be ok no other developer in the WORLD would have this kind of support with the development we have seen coming out of this "company"

Pile that ontop of the still lasting server issues and bugs and we have one of the most broken games with the poorest support i have ever seen and yet people defend it to the end i do not get it !

YA it was cool for the first week or two but there needs to be much more
where is the realism mode and adventure mode?
Why don't you send this email to Notch, instead of complaining here? Because, whether or not it makes sense to you, coming to a community of people who love the game, and most aspects about it, and bitching about things such as Note blocks, dispensers, etc, and asking the same question that a hundred people ask, everyday, isn't going to make anyone happy.

And, BTW - The game isn't meant to cater to you. It's meant to cater to everyone. And, personally, I've seen some badass shit done with Noteblocks and dispensers.

Posted Image

Neoxx
    Neoxx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

OP is obviously looking for a linear game..... fail.
Posted Image
Try my Ironman Challenges: 404, Chuck Norris, Iron Man

Sliipperi
    Sliipperi

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: Sliipperi

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Flowzor said:

EvilSock said:

You got it all wrong, every time someone talks about HL2: EP3, Gabe gets fatter.

Thanks a year.

But what do you expect, OP? It just got out of Alpha.

Dotcom
    Dotcom

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Neoxx said:

OP is obviously looking for a linear game..... fail.

No I look for a more complete game not sure you really understand what linear is as nothing i stated would make the game linear.

I just simply do not understand why people are so against addictions to the game
adding more features can only enhance game play

If something is added that you do not like you do not have to use it
on the other hand Its not so easy for us to add things we would want to see.

Oh and the comments about catering to me i would suggest looking at the suggestions page and other various post here and you will see that it's not only me.
+ the things i listed are things Notch i guess it is said would be added to the game what promoted me to post this was reading this forum about things notch has said
I was under the impression that the devs read these forums as this is advertised as the forums for minecraft right from minecraft.net community and it saying "notch reads these"

And the post about things notch has said  so i thought this would be the place to post
as well as get some serious feedback guess i was incorrect

note on grammar because i know its coming this is a message board not an essay and i am simply not worried about grammar here just worried about getting my point of view across.

Setari
    Setari

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

Notch isn't working on MC right now to my knowledge, thus, no updates until he gets back from... LA was it? Or something.

/thread
:)

~~~Setari~~~

Posted Image

nickguletskii

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

I laughed at how you said some things are lame and you are suggesting overused ideas which are, and proven to be, lame.

atiaxi
    atiaxi

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Minecraft: atiaxi

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

Dotcom said:

Oh and the comments about catering to me i would suggest looking at the suggestions page and other various post here and you will see that it's not only me.

That's exactly my point, actually - if you go look at the suggestions page, you'll see tons of suggestions.  There's no way Notch could do all of them.  And if he chooses to do some and not others, then the people who didn't get what they wanted (like you) are going to feel left out.  Seriously, he can't please everyone.

It looks like you're new to the forum, so if it feels like you're getting a bit of a hostile reception, it's because these topics come up over and over again.  I know that I, for one, am frankly tired of the endless flamewars, and I don't really like it when people come along and just stoke the fires again.  Granted, that probably wasn't your intention, but that's how it comes off.
This forum ticked me off so much I went to random.org and set my password to something I'll never be able to remember, then switched my password reset to a throwaway.

mrcuddles

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

But daddy i want it now *stamps feet*