1044 replies to this topic

webtek
    webtek

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: webtek

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Also waiting on the mod. x3n0, take your time. Everybody has a life. When it updates, ill be sure to download it, no matter how long it takes. I would rather have to wait a long time for a great update rather than waiting a short time for a not-so-great update.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Yurei
    Yurei

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Minecraft: IOED

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

^What he said

And I'm sure it'll be a great update. Life is more important than coding, and since it's the winter holidays, I'm sure you have a lot going on in life.

Ultimate_omega
  • Minecraft: Ultimate_omega

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Now I can't wait for the 1.4.6 version. Add me to the count now. :3
Also known as Mr. Omega

x3n0ph0b3
  • Minecraft: x3n0ph0b3

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

New version is posted, I built it for 1.4.7. I'm HOPING it works backwards with 1.4.6 versions as well.

If anyone has any issues, lemme know.
Posted Image

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Nice, nice, perfect timing I just started up on Thaumcraft seriously in my new world last night ... it's wisp slaughterin' time Posted Image

ashly138

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Postx3n0ph0b3, on 06 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

New version is posted, I built it for 1.4.7. I'm HOPING it works backwards with 1.4.6 versions as well.

If anyone has any issues, lemme know.

Got a white screen after i installed this mod. Uses MultiMCs Consolscreen to get the error it showed.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1504815/

Posted Image

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Spoiler:
Yup got the same error, whitescreen on load

no slughterin' wisps yet, ah well til it's fixed I'll just have to run away and create more to slaughter later Posted Image

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, I'm fairly certain this is not backwards compatible with 1.4.6 oh well. Time to play the waiting game
Posted Image

x3n0ph0b3

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Alright, new build. Try that one. I actually tested it in MultiMC this time (I was only using Eclipse before) - it ran alright.
Posted Image

raa1337
    raa1337

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

View Postx3n0ph0b3, on 07 January 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Alright, new build. Try that one. I actually tested it in MultiMC this time (I was only using Eclipse before) - it ran alright.

Threw it into the DW20 FTB Modpack without changing anything else, and it works.

Not sure if the pack is 1.4.6, or 1.4.7. Says .6, but I dunno.

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

I can confirm that it works with forge 6.5.0.471
Posted Image

Ultimate_omega
  • Minecraft: Ultimate_omega

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Sweet! Time to throw this into my loadout and give those damn wisps a piece of my mind!
Also known as Mr. Omega

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Excellent it's open season on those annoying spies for their Protoss masters..... (is it just me or do the wisps sound a hell of a lot like the Observer from Starcraft, or has the stupidly large amount of SC I've played warped my mind :D)
Thanks for the quick fix.

FellowMinecraftian

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Here's a crash report X3no, just thought you might wanna take a look. Crashes right after i shoot a concussion shot.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// My bad.

Time: 1/7/13 2:55 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.ClassCastException: ays cannot be cast to iq
at xeno.reliquary.Reliquary.customConcussiveExplosion(Reliquary.java:115)
at xeno.reliquary.entities.EntityConcussiveShot.doBurstEffect(EntityConcussiveShot.java:391)
at xeno.reliquary.entities.EntityConcussiveShot.groundImpact(EntityConcussiveShot.java:387)
at xeno.reliquary.entities.EntityConcussiveShot.onImpact(EntityConcussiveShot.java:360)
at xeno.reliquary.entities.EntityConcussiveShot.j_(EntityConcussiveShot.java:244)
at yc.a(World.java:2295)
at yc.g(World.java:2257)
at yc.h(World.java:2103)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1863)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Badgyr
    Badgyr

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Minecraft: Cyberwulf188

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

So the blindness splash potion says I am likely to get eaten by a grue. I say, add a grue to the game. Posted Image
Also, does the altar of light work with artificial light or does it have to be sunlight?

Qthedude
    Qthedude

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: Qthedude16

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am so happy this mod updated, because it is awesome

sloejack

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

This is awesome.  One request/suggestion to add: A bandoleer (holds 6 clips worth of ammo) and advanced bandoleer (holds 12 clips worth of ammo) to store ammo and reload from.

Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1674 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostMisterFiber, on 10 December 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

I love me some magical swag. Let's give this a try.

*head bop*

You are resigning right after you said swag? :(
xxxxxx

sloejack

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

It seems that the world ends when you use the exploding bullets.  Or at least it crashes at the point where the bullet is supposed to explode:
Spoiler:

Just a quick edit, the crash seems to extend from hitting mobs.  Was watching my son play with it and he was blowing up the terrain with no issues. As soon as he shot a zombie with it the game crashed.  My crash came from trying to shoot a zombie.

x3n0ph0b3

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Yeah, I'm sorry about the explosive shots, I've had a complete devil of a time getting it to work.

First my explosive shots wouldn't work correctly, then I switched them to using a non-custom explosion (because it seemed to cause the least number of problems) - unfortunately my tests weren't as thorough as I'd assumed, apparently.

Avoid using the explosive rounds (sorry for pointing out the obvious) until I can figure out what new devilry is causing them to crash. If I could figure out the original custom explosive effect I had intended in the first place, it would be even better. I didn't have time to come up with a suitable fix for those.

All the more reason to try again, since they're already broken. I get back on Wednesday, I'll try to hack it then.

The mob-related crash gives me a good idea of where to look though. Thanks for the reports guys.

View PostBadgyr, on 07 January 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

So the blindness splash potion says I am likely to get eaten by a grue. I say, add a grue to the game. Posted Image
Also, does the altar of light work with artificial light or does it have to be sunlight?

It does require real sunlight. Specifically, it must see the sky and be daytime. It doesn't even care about light level, because the previous two requirements kind of overshadow all light level mechanics. Give them a sound thrashing, as they weren't working at all in previous versions. I'm hopeful I got them completely fixed (I tested them with a short timer and they worked but.. I noticed a quirk in their speed. I think they may be updating too quickly, as 200 "update ticks" lasted only 2 seconds, which means they're far faster than I'd previously intended to allow).

Further testing is required. For science.

----

As an aside I've got some new "doodads" planned when I get back on Wednesday, sitting in a notebook on my desk. Nothing hugely huge but a few things I thought might be fun. I'll see if I can sneak them in with a round of bug fixes (assuming the explosive shots aren't alone).
Posted Image