• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Firework Addition Suggestions!

fireworks snapshots additions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Firework Additions! (46 member(s) have cast votes)

What should be added to fireworks?

1. Drops certain item when explodes (4 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

2. Custom shapes/images (18 votes [10.98%])

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

3. Automatic firework trigger (10 votes [6.10%])

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

4. Firework fuse (19 votes [11.59%])

Percentage of vote: 11.59%

5. Creates potion efffect when explodes (8 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

6. Holiday fireworks (15 votes [9.15%])

Percentage of vote: 9.15%

7. Causes different weather (11 votes [6.71%])

Percentage of vote: 6.71%

8. Hurts players and/or shatters armor when explodes (17 votes [10.37%])

Percentage of vote: 10.37%

9. Sideways fireworks to act like missles/torpedoes (17 votes [10.37%])

Percentage of vote: 10.37%

10. Firework cannons (14 votes [8.54%])

Percentage of vote: 8.54%

11. Infinite fireworks (enchanted w/ Infinite I?) (7 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

12. Spawn entities when explodes (1 votes [0.61%])

Percentage of vote: 0.61%

13. Explodes (like TNT) (13 votes [7.93%])

Percentage of vote: 7.93%

14. Mega firework bundles (7 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

15. Special effects (affects growth rate of plants, time of day, physics, etc.) (3 votes [1.83%])

Percentage of vote: 1.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

alpha2275
  • Minecraft: alpha2275

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

The new fireworks have released in a snapshot! But do you think they are too plain? Or do they just don't do enough stuff? Check the Poll above and comment if you have any new ideas! Posted Image

Things I support: Dinner Plates!, M-TCG, #RoseRedArmy, Boats Evolved, Drainage Grates

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

xSatuim
    xSatuim

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3101 posts
  • Minecraft: Satuim

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I think there fine
and there literally 10000 combinations
but i've voted.
This account is unused!
NEW ACCOUNT

romangvk
  • Minecraft: romangvk

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

I think the fireworks are cool enough already, but if I had to choose, I would say multi-colored.
Posted Image

vadagar
    vadagar

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1160 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

yes for canons yes for TNT explosions YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, missiles of all shapes and sizes :D, yes for colors and different shapes .... oh man this has such great potential
Posted Image

Natecraft

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postromangvk, on 10 December 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

I think the fireworks are cool enough already, but if I had to choose, I would say multi-colored.

Lol, there are already multi-colored fireworks, when you make one of the firework balls (I can't remember what their name is officially) and you add in, say red, so it is a red firework, before making it, just add another dye in, like blue, so the recipe contains a red dye and a blue dye and a gunpowder, and when you make that into a firework the firework will be red and blue when it explodes.
You can even take that firework ball (before it is an actual firework) and add another dye to it so the recipe would be a firework ball and (for example) and orange dye, now when the firework made from that is used it will explode (for example) red and blue, then fade to orange.

EDIT: More on the poll, what do you mean by holiday fireworks? And if you want a firework fuse/automatic firework trigger just use dispensers, they will dispense fireworks right in front of them when they get powered.
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers

ArcanicExpIorer
  • Minecraft: ArcanicExplorer
  • Xbox:fails

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Missles - nuclear warfare on Minecraft
Hey, my names Joe, feel free to message me! :)
Ps: Quote me when replying to one of my threads/posts so I get a notification.

Doom Lich

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

As for the firework cannon and fuse and automatic you should know that you can fire them out of dispensers. So basically that fits all three. Also, as previously stated multicolor is already thing. Hell you can make them fade to another color if you want as well.

I'm the bard. Always will be. And no one EVER respects the bard.

Posted Image

Natecraft

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostDoom Lich, on 10 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

As for the firework cannon and fuse and automatic you should know that you can fire them out of dispensers. So basically that fits all three. Also, as previously stated multicolor is already thing. Hell you can make them fade to another color if you want as well.

Apparently people are voting for new features when they haven't even messed around with the current ones very much though, because people continue to vote mostly for the multicolored option.
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers

Live__AI
    Live__AI

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Minecraft: Danjor

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I love how half of the options you gave in your poll are either already implemented or totally senseless

Multi-colored fireworks: It's there in the recepy already

Automatic firework trigger: Make redstone clock and attach to distencer

Firework fuse: It's there in the recepy already if you mean flight time, other wise use delay on a dispenser

Holiday fireworks: Main issue here is that minecraft doesn't have holidays

Firework cannons: It's there, aka dispensers

Infinite fireworks (enchanted w/ Infinite I?): overpowered? just to remind you a bow has durability, fireworks don't.

Spawn entities when explodes: What entities are there to spawn besides mobs (overpowered and senseless) minecarts, boats falling blocks like sand (senseless as well)

alpha2275

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postvadagar, on 10 December 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

yes for canons yes for TNT explosions YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, missiles of all shapes and sizes Posted Image, yes for colors and different shapes .... oh man this has such great potential
I took a loooooong time to make that poll. Hope you like it! :D

View PostNatecraft, on 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Lol, there are already multi-colored fireworks, when you make one of the firework balls (I can't remember what their name is officially) and you add in, say red, so it is a red firework, before making it, just add another dye in, like blue, so the recipe contains a red dye and a blue dye and a gunpowder, and when you make that into a firework the firework will be red and blue when it explodes.
You can even take that firework ball (before it is an actual firework) and add another dye to it so the recipe would be a firework ball and (for example) and orange dye, now when the firework made from that is used it will explode (for example) red and blue, then fade to orange.

EDIT: More on the poll, what do you mean by holiday fireworks? And if you want a firework fuse/automatic firework trigger just use dispensers, they will dispense fireworks right in front of them when they get powered.
Multi-colored: one firework as bunches of colors.
Holiday fireworks: A special firework show that uses certain colors to match the holiday
Dispenser trigger: dispensers look ugly :P

View PostLive__AI, on 10 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

I love how half of the options you gave in your poll are either already implemented or totally senseless

Multi-colored fireworks: It's there in the recepy already

Automatic firework trigger: Make redstone clock and attach to distencer

Firework fuse: It's there in the recepy already if you mean flight time, other wise use delay on a dispenser

Holiday fireworks: Main issue here is that minecraft doesn't have holidays

Firework cannons: It's there, aka dispensers

Infinite fireworks (enchanted w/ Infinite I?): overpowered? just to remind you a bow has durability, fireworks don't.

Spawn entities when explodes: What entities are there to spawn besides mobs (overpowered and senseless) minecarts, boats falling blocks like sand (senseless as well)
Entities like falling sand/gravel can bury your enemies!

Things I support: Dinner Plates!, M-TCG, #RoseRedArmy, Boats Evolved, Drainage Grates

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cloxaau
    Cloxaau

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • Minecraft: Cloxaau

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa- chill, guys.
It's just fireworks, they don't need to shoot lasers and spawn new planets or whatever...
*Sigh*

Builderb0y
  • Minecraft: Builderb0y

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostCloxaau, on 11 December 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa- chill, guys.
It's just fireworks, they don't need to shoot lasers and spawn new planets or whatever...
Fireworks that shoot lasers… That is one of the very few ideas that a keyboard is incapable of expressing my astonishment.

Posted Image

Claustric
  • Minecraft: Claustric

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

View Postalpha2275, on 11 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

I took a loooooong time to make that poll. Hope you like it! Posted Image
Holiday fireworks: A special firework show that uses certain colors to match the holiday
Dispenser trigger: dispensers look ugly Posted Image

You must have spent all of 2 minutes playing the snapshot. I figured out immediately that you can make multicolored fireworks. Did you not think to try adding MORE THAN ONE DYE to the recipe of making a firework star? Hell, you can add dye in after, with just a firework star, and get a "fade" effect on colors. Or you can even have more than one firework star per rocket -- I've done a blue twinkling star with an orange large ball with trail.

Maybe you should try playing with these snapshots more before you start asking for requests that already exist.

No disrespect, but, really, your "suggestions" are already there, or aren't even logical.

Black_Drath
  • Minecraft: Black_Drath

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Postalpha2275, on 11 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

I took a loooooong time to make that poll. Hope you like it! Posted Image

Dispenser trigger: dispensers look ugly Posted Image

Entities like falling sand/gravel can bury your enemies!
This image will probably blow your mind:

Posted Image

As for everything else it is either already implemented as well, or is just plain stupid.

Posted Image

Claustric

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostBlack_Drath, on 11 December 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

It blew mine, at least. That's amazing. Absolutely amazing.

fugue2005
    fugue2005

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

what i want is the ability to recraft fireworks.

I.E. put a large red firework star in a crafting table with lightstone dust adds sparkles.

like how it allows you to add fades.

haxjagarn
  • Minecraft: haxjagarn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Something I would like would be fireworks that glow x-amount of seconds while they fall down to earth again, like the look of an emergency flare.

Posted Image

build your portals closer than ever

alpha2275

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostBlack_Drath, on 11 December 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

As for everything else it is either already implemented as well, or is just plain stupid.
OK, I will remove the multi-firework option.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Claustric

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

The only feature I think I'd suggest for fireworks, is an option to make the firework itself last longer. Perhaps the more glowstone you add, the longer it stays in the sky with twinkling. That's about it. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine as it is.

kyleford2k10

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

I think the only thing that's missing from these fireworks is the fuse. As soon as you place it on the floor it's already fired up into the air. You should be able to place them on the ground so you can setup a display, then light them one by one with a flint and steel.