Latest News Article

Best mods for 1.4.5 modloader.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

WaffleThePilot
  • Minecraft: waffleman009
  • Xbox:MAXWELLTHEPILOT

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hey I have a few mods and I would like to get some more. I wanted to know which where your favorites so we all can check them out. Mods most rather must use or don't use modloader. No forge mods. Leave a link and a short discription.

"Jesus, Nazi killer whales."- Simon Chase

Register or log in to remove.

StimpyHG
    StimpyHG

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Im looking for more aswell, the only ones ive got for modloader is toomanyitems and rei's minimap mods. I'll try and find some, yogscast might have some go mods in their videos.

-Reaper-
    -Reaper-

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1315 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I use Shelf by Risugami (download is in the same thread as ModLoader). It adds Shelf block, which works much like smaller chest, but items you put there are displayed.

Also feel free to check my mods :P
Posted Image

Divine smoker mod - Hookah in Minecraft: http://www.minecraft...ookahshisha-11/

LunarCast
  • Minecraft: LunarCast

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Mods for Modloader.. well
1. Smart Moving is MUST!
Best mod ever imo. Swimming, climbling, crawling, sliding, diving, etc great mod
2. Dynamic Mazes
Mazes randomly spawn in the overworld that have many mobs and treasures
3. Ninja Mod
Add many ninja-like weapons and comes with ninja armor
4. Mob Dismemberment
A nice feature with ninja mod, cut your enemies into pieces =D - Rated M for mature xD
5. Recipe book mod.
Since NEI(not_enough_items) is not a modloader mod and TMI(Too_many_items) doesn't show the recipes. Its a nice replacement.
6. Craftable Spawners
The title says it all. Craft specific spawners if you are too lazy to make a, very time consuming, Mob Trap.
7. FN5728 guns & Minethrower
Adds a handgun, submachine gun(both use the same ammo) & a gun that fires explosive sticky arrows that kill but don't break blocks.

All mods listed can be found on skydaz.com

Also Optifine mod which EVERYONE should have. It doesn't need forge or modloader just a straight install to the jar.

If anyone knows about a MOB mod that is for modloader 1.4.5 please reply to me. The only reason i use modloader is because smart moving isn't for forge and Forge has all the good Mob mods. Anyways I hold I helped anyone looking for modloader mods.

Ora the Owlish

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Someone in the mods forum made a list of current mods which are listed, in part, depending on how they interact with Forge. They are categorized as Forge-requiring, compatible, or incompatible. Anything with the last two descriptors should be viable. Check it out some time!
Ask me about giant, Canadian, zombie-steampunk tyrannosaurus rexes. Posted Image
I own one, and her name is Cuddlemuffins.

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

I believe Asguard Shield Modhas both a Forge and non-forge version (Although the Forge version has more/better features). The problem is because as a modder Forge allows you to easily do so much more without editing base classes there is really little reason not to take advantage of it.

Out of curiosity (I don't want to start a flame war or anything) why are you specifically looking for non-forge mods?

Posted Image

Ultinuc
    Ultinuc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: Ultinuc
  • Xbox:Ultinuc

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

View Postnerd-boy, on 14 December 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

I believe Asguard Shield Modhas both a Forge and non-forge version (Although the Forge version has more/better features). The problem is because as a modder Forge allows you to easily do so much more without editing base classes there is really little reason not to take advantage of it.

Out of curiosity (I don't want to start a flame war or anything) why are you specifically looking for non-forge mods?

probably because forge doesn't work

EvanT
    EvanT

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

And there is BTW (Better than wolfs) of course. You may want to have a look at the official Forumor Wiki.
Posted Image

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostUltinuc, on 17 December 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

probably because forge doesn't work

What a silly thing to say, of course it works. If it didn't why would most of the mods be built of it?

If either you or the original poster have been having troubles installing Forge, feel free to post a crash log and I can help.

P.s. Did I not say that I didn't want to start a flame war (which it seems like this comment was designed to start)

Posted Image