• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Get your paws dirty with our small friendly server (1.4.5)

1.4.5 vanilla survival server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Elephant53

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

The tale of Elephant and Phrixa
(Elephants version, you'll need to ask Phrixa for her version)

A long time ago we used to have a home on a vanilla server. We would happily play at building things, some good, some which needed Phrixa's careful eye to improve. In between we would hunt creepers and zombies and even blazes and ghasts. Then one fateful day the server host disappeared. For two weeks we thought nothing of it, blissful in our ignorance, innocently waiting for his great return. Then ArcticDreamz broke the news that the host had lost his computer and would not return. The server was dying and 1.3.2 was where we were stuck.

So we set off with our trusty friends ArcticDreamz and Kennyful in search of a new home. We travelled through the lava filled nether across the desert of storms until our paws were sore and dirty (well, I don’t have paws but you get the gist).

After months of trekking we met by the roadside a farmhand and his lady. “Hello , can you help us?” asked Phrixa.
“Of course I can”, said the farmhand, “but Elephant, do you not recognise me? It is Xcb567.”
Immediately he said that I knew him from before the days of the vanilla server (mentioned above).

Xcb567 and Helen showed us the fair lands which we christened “Dirty Paws”. At last we had our new home.

Kennyful immediately set off to explore, but Phrixa in her wisdom pointed out that we really need more people.

The proposal
Hopefully you enjoyed our simple tale and hopefully you want to join a vanilla server (with only Core Protect). Mature people only will be accepted. We want to play Minecraft and enjoy ourselves without ruining everyone else's enjoyment – this means no griefing, raiding or not-agreed PvP.

The rules are simple:
Enjoy yourself (always free)
Enjoy the humour (occasionally dry but generally free)
Don’t stop others enjoying themselves (let them roam free)

Phrixa has wisely laid down on tablets some notes and how to apply to be whitelisted. I have transcribed that here.

If your reply is going to be just one sentence long, don't expect to be added onto the server. We love our players and want some quality people on so do put some effort into the reply - also, be yourself, we don't judge people by the amount of fancy words they use (or well, I kind of do...) I don't care too much about what you can build, your personality is the thing that matters here.

The server is hosted in France and is 3GB. The IP is 31.205.82.78:25573. Elephant and I are both European but we do have American players as well.

As for the application, what I'd like you to tell at least is...

Your IGN:
Your age in all honesty and how you think you reflect said number as a person:
Your possible bans and the reasons behind them:
The reason you'd want to join the server or what caught your eye in this forum topic:
What you'd have to bring to the server:
Some things about yourself - the conversations in-game don't limit to the game only:
Your opinion on elephants (phrase it well):

Also as Phrixa has just attended Minecon in Paris, perhaps you could tell us whether you attended and if so, what were your thoughts on the convention. (Phrixa will gladly talk about it for days upon end if you let her.)

Thanks for reading, hopefully we'll get some great people added to our server!

Register or log in to remove.

xxBlackbirdsxx

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Your IGN: xBlackBirdsx
Your age in all honesty and how you think you reflect said number as a person: 15, but I consider myself to be much more mature than my Ugg-wearing, grammar-ignorant, twitter-obsessed brethren.
Your possible bans and the reasons behind them: I have never been banned.
The reason you'd want to join the server or what caught your eye in this forum topic: I want to join this server because I have been looking for a serious and friendly minecraft server for a long time and I think this would be a good fit.  The title of this post interested me because I love the idea of a small server with a limited number of members, then the description you wrote showed me that you are serious and passionate about minecraft and your server.
What you'd have to bring to the server:   I think I could bring a new visual dynamic to the server because my greatest strength is aesthetically pleasing builds, particularly gothic or modern style architecture.
Some things about yourself - the conversations in-game don't limit to the game only:  I'm a fifteen year old girl living in Canada.  Minecraft is really the only video game I'm interested in because I don't have massive amounts of free time around  my University courses.  I've been interested in singing and dance for my whole life.  My favourite TV show is Doctor Who, and my favourite book series is Harry Potter.
Your opinion on elephants (phrase it well):  Since I'm not sure whether you mean the original poster or the animal I'll give you both.
The person:  Elephants seems like a lovely person thus far, with an obvious passion for minecraft and their server since they created a short story about it.  They seem enthusiastic and excited about the prospect of this new server as well as extremely welcoming to new players.   (I'm getting tired of using ambiguous terms for gender so I'm going to guess that you are male because the majority of minecraft players seem to be, if you're not then I'm very sorry)  The minimal amount of rules he lays out suggest that Elephants wishes to surround himself with mature individuals, which means the he is probably mature as well. Overall, Elephants seems like a humorous and laid-back person that I would probably befriend if we met in real life.
The animal:  I find elephants way more fascinating that I think anyone should.  They spend their entire lives in close knit family groups and have been observed to show empathy toward sick or injured members of their family (which means that they act better than some humans).  As far as I'm concerned their trunk is one of the coolest things in nature, its basically a completely bad-ass arm made of 150,000 muscles.  In Conclusion, elephants are one of the most awesome animals because they have a better moral compass than some humans and have an arm coming out of their face.

Elephant53

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ok, back up and running now, looking for some good people to join.

Mrcafe95
    Mrcafe95

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: GlassGeorge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Your IGN: GlassGeorge
Your age in all honesty and how you think you reflect said number as a person: 17, and would say i act my age most of the time, apart from in honesty i cant help but laugh at an innuendo.
Your possible bans and the reasons behind them: none.
The reason you'd want to join the server or what caught your eye in this forum topic: i've been looking for a server to join and so far i've only found servers with masses and masses of people looking to destroy my builds or servers for constant pvp. i'm looking for a server to log on and have fun with, do some creative building and be part of a minecraft community.
What you'd have to bring to the server: i am a relatively new minecrafter so my building experience is limited, however i love minecraft and am very creative with whatever i do choose to build (mostly modern buildings)
Some things about yourself - the conversations in-game don't limit to the game only: i am currently a potato pathologist by profession and i have a kitten named sheldon (after Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory).
Your opinion on elephants (phrase it well) - i wont lie they are not my favorite animal, as i can never understand how something so big and powerful can be scared of a tiny mouse, but i wouldn't tell them that they are chickens because .....
an elephant never forgets :) (if your american you may not understand that, it is an english saying i believe)

Ashleypikachu
  • Minecraft: Ashleypikachu1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

posted on the other thread

View PostAshleypikachu, on 12 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Hi

My IGN is Ashleypikachu1

I am 12 but I am mature for my age. I am impatient sometimes but I can wait if I have to. I am serious when I have to be

I have never been banned before on a server

I want to join this server because I have been looking for a good server for a long time and this server looks really fun and nice

I am good at farming and I will make your farm goods chest overflow. I also know a little bit about mob traps

I am a girl. I am in 6th grade. I am really funny and nice to everyone I meet. I LOVE animals of all kinds and I want to be a vet when I grow up.I have one dog,two guinea pigs,one parakeet,and a fish tank. I also can talk for days on end about animals or about my pets. I always follow rules.

I think elephants are cute esically baby ones. It looks really fun to play with a elephant. I think people who harm elephants should be ashamed of themselves for harming such a cute creature and that people that don't like elephants should say 5 reasons why they don't like them.

Chbh123
    Chbh123

Carpenter

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Your IGN: Chbh123
Your age in all honesty and how you think you reflect said number as a person: 14 but i am very mature. I consider myself friendly and kind, and i think all make to community even better! :)
Your possible bans and the reasons behind them: I have never ever been banned!
The reason you'd want to join the server or what caught your eye in this forum topic: I really love this kind of closed communities. They are griefer free and overall fun to play on. I really liked your story at the beginning, it really caught my eye.
What you'd have to bring to the server: I will bring my build, and super good mood.
Some things about yourself - the conversations in-game don't limit to the game only: I love skiing, and playing football.And i really like Minecraft! <3 I can play the gitar, and i might even start to make youtube videos about my builds in your server.( if i am accepted that is)
Your opinion on elephants (phrase it well):Elephants are overall awesome! They are big and strong, and nobody can hunt them down, except humans. Their memory is fabulous and the are smart! I Love Elephants! <3

Elephant53

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

GlassGeorge you have been whitelisted. Hope to see you soon.

Elephant53

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Not sure where Phrixa is to help, although she may be out researching baileys.