17 replies to this topic

Sigonin
    Sigonin

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: SigGamer

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hey Minecrafters! i need to ask ! how to make end portal please ! talk to me =/ ...
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

piangrande
  • Minecraft: piangrande

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

You can't make one in general. You need to find a stronghold first and there might be an unfinished portal. To open it you need to craft eyes of the ender and then put them in the remaining places of the portal. You can check the wiki for crafting recipes. Hope I could help.
Posted Image

Sajgoniarz
  • Minecraft: Sajgoniarz

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

U can also make a custom portal, which will take U to The End, but in this case U must defeat dragon to go back :) If u don't know how to make it, i made Tutorial about making portals.
Posted Image[/url]

microjunk
  • Minecraft: imrlyfkdnow

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

If you are coding a new block in the game use this code here

public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4)
	{
		return null;
	}

public boolean isOpaqueCube()
	{
		return false;
	}
	/**
	 * If this block doesn't render as an ordinary block it will return False (examples: signs, buttons, stairs, etc)
	 */
	public boolean renderAsNormalBlock()
	{
		return false;
	}

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
	{
		if (par5Entity.ridingEntity == null && par5Entity.riddenByEntity == null && par5Entity instanceof EntityPlayer && !par1World.isRemote)
		{
			((EntityPlayer)par5Entity).travelToDimension(1);
		}
	}

public int getRenderBlockPass()
	{
		return 1;
	}

This will allow you to step in a block you created to transport to the end, but you cant get back without defeating the dragon.....

I am working on making that possible...
Check out Builder Mod...here...
Find out how I generate....coolAlias...world structure generation and rotation tool...

souleaterdude

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postmicrojunk, on 08 December 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

If you are coding a new block in the game use this code here

public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4)
{
	 return null;
}

public boolean isOpaqueCube()
{
	 return false;
}
/**
	 * If this block doesn't render as an ordinary block it will return False (examples: signs, buttons, stairs, etc)
	 */
public boolean renderAsNormalBlock()
{
	 return false;
}

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity)
{
	 if (par5Entity.ridingEntity == null && par5Entity.riddenByEntity == null && par5Entity instanceof EntityPlayer && !par1World.isRemote)
	 {
		 ((EntityPlayer)par5Entity).travelToDimension(1);
	 }
}

public int getRenderBlockPass()
{
	 return 1;
}

This will allow you to step in a block you created to transport to the end, but you cant get back without defeating the dragon.....

I am working on making that possible...
or you could just do /give [name] 119 -_-
IF YOU DONT KNOW ME DONT BRO ME

microjunk

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

yes, but thats in game, I was talking about coding your own block, more fun....
Find out how I generate....coolAlias...world structure generation and rotation tool...

Sajgoniarz
  • Minecraft: Sajgoniarz

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

@Microjunk i should now clik "Like!" :D
Posted Image[/url]

microjunk

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostSajgoniarz, on 08 December 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

@Microjunk i should now clik "Like!" Posted Image

Why thank you....

TheUberKid

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

This will probably get angry responses, but can't you just get end portal frames if ur in creative?
Posted Image

microjunk

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Nope, the only way to correctly get to the end is to find stronghold and enter that way. So far the only way to get back from the end is to defeat the dragon. I have tried several things, even a custom teleporter to get back to surface without defeating the dragon, so far no luck. I think there is some kind of built in override in place to keep you from going back to surface without killing dragon....

The8BitFist

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Cant you physically craft the portal in creative, like build the 4x4 portal with lava under it, and insert the eyes?

IronMagus

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostTheUberKid, on 09 December 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

This will probably get angry responses, but can't you just get end portal frames if ur in creative?

View PostThe8BitFist, on 09 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Cant you physically craft the portal in creative, like build the 4x4 portal with lava under it, and insert the eyes?
Yes.  You don't even need the lava under it.  Or with TMI you can just give yourself the portal block itself, and bypass the frame entirely.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

The8BitFist

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Actually, iron i couldn't get the portal to work! :o

IronMagus

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostThe8BitFist, on 10 December 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Actually, iron i couldn't get the portal to work! Posted Image
I've heard that portal frames have a "facing" direction, like pumpkins do, even though you can't see it, and that all 12 of them have to be facing inwards or else the portal won't light.  So, you stand inside where you want the portal to be, and place the 12 frame blocks in a ring around you.  Then stick the eyes of ender in them and it should light right away.  That's what worked for me, just the other day when I was testing.  (I didn't actually try it facing a different direction, so I don't know if they really do have to be facing inward or not, but it seems legit.)
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

TheUberKid

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

thanks iron!
Posted Image

JayWulf90
  • Minecraft: Th3LoneWulf579
  • Xbox:JayWulf90

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Kind of an odd topic to be in the survival forum..

But anyway, I haven't tried this yet, but maybe use silk touch on a portal block? I don't know if it works but it's worth a try I guess.

"I want to attend a convention for bacon. We'll call it baCON, and it'll have bacon panels, and it'll be the best thing ever."

-Marc Watson, Mojang

Sunnyxx
    Sunnyxx

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Minecraft: Sunnyxx

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well, I was mucking about in creative and found that you must be standing (NOT flying) when you place the last eye for the portal to activate.

Though as mentioned above this may be coincidence because maybe those ones, the portal blocks were facing inward.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

JayWulf90
  • Minecraft: Th3LoneWulf579
  • Xbox:JayWulf90

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostIronMagus, on 10 December 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I've heard that portal frames have a "facing" direction, like pumpkins do, even though you can't see it, and that all 12 of them have to be facing inwards or else the portal won't light.  So, you stand inside where you want the portal to be, and place the 12 frame blocks in a ring around you.  Then stick the eyes of ender in them and it should light right away.  That's what worked for me, just the other day when I was testing.  (I didn't actually try it facing a different direction, so I don't know if they really do have to be facing inward or not, but it seems legit.)

It doesn't have to be facing the same direction. I built one in creative with half the eyes facing the other direction and it still lit. Whether being in creative impacts this or not, I don't know.

"I want to attend a convention for bacon. We'll call it baCON, and it'll have bacon panels, and it'll be the best thing ever."

-Marc Watson, Mojang