8 replies to this topic

Lenta
    Lenta

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Server problems

Since the new ip's of Hamachi, my servers are not working anymore. With servers I mean; all kinds of minecraft servers: bukkit or normal, and also the tekkit server is not working anymore.
The problem is, is that I can join with no problem, but other people can't.
- The ip in the properties file is correct.
- hamachi is on
- still won't work :(
Can someone tell me more about this? Or is the only solution a port-forward server?

Thanks a lot,

Lenta

Official Member 'The Excaliburs'

Register or log in to remove.

mrman198
    mrman198

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Now, I personally like port forwarding better, but Hamachi will work. I have run a public server for over a year now, and its port forwarded. Assuming the same settings pretty much apply to a server using Hamachi instead of port forwarding, I will try to help you.

1. The IP in your properties file must be your Internal IP, found in the CMD, or you can just leave that part blank. Internal IPs usually start with 192.168.1.<last digit(s) varies>
2. To connect, make sure that you are using the Hamachi IP, not the Internal IP (Just making sure, I'm pretty sure you are.)
3. ENSURE that you are using Java 7. It will NOT work if you are not using that. I had that problem for a short time when things switched to Java 7.
4. If you use Windows for your OS, if you want to run a vanilla server easily, just get MinecraftServer.exe, or whatever it is (I know its an exe file!)

I hope this helped, if it doesn't, try port forwarding, if you can. If you can't I will try and figure another solution out.

Lenta
    Lenta

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postmrman198, on 06 December 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Now, I personally like port forwarding better, but Hamachi will work. I have run a public server for over a year now, and its port forwarded. Assuming the same settings pretty much apply to a server using Hamachi instead of port forwarding, I will try to help you.

1. The IP in your properties file must be your Internal IP, found in the CMD, or you can just leave that part blank. Internal IPs usually start with 192.168.1.<last digit(s) varies>
2. To connect, make sure that you are using the Hamachi IP, not the Internal IP (Just making sure, I'm pretty sure you are.)
3. ENSURE that you are using Java 7. It will NOT work if you are not using that. I had that problem for a short time when things switched to Java 7.
4. If you use Windows for your OS, if you want to run a vanilla server easily, just get MinecraftServer.exe, or whatever it is (I know its an exe file!)

I hope this helped, if it doesn't, try port forwarding, if you can. If you can't I will try and figure another solution out.

OK, I tried to do exactly as you said, and this is what happened:

1. At first, I had my Hamachi-ip in the properties file, then replaced it with my internal ip. Did not work, actually.
    Then I just left it blank, but also it did no work..
2. My friends are connecting with my hamachi-ip. Maybe it works if the connect with internal ip?
3. I have got Java 7 update 7 (64-bit), and also Java 7 update 9, do you know why I have got two versions?
4. I am using Windows als OS, and that server.exe of minecraft.net is just not working like all the other servers.

If you have no idea, I will try to set up a port forward.

mrman198
    mrman198

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostLenta, on 08 December 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

OK, I tried to do exactly as you said, and this is what happened:

1. At first, I had my Hamachi-ip in the properties file, then replaced it with my internal ip. Did not work, actually.
Then I just left it blank, but also it did no work..
2. My friends are connecting with my hamachi-ip. Maybe it works if the connect with internal ip?
3. I have got Java 7 update 7 (64-bit), and also Java 7 update 9, do you know why I have got two versions?
4. I am using Windows als OS, and that server.exe of minecraft.net is just not working like all the other servers.

If you have no idea, I will try to set up a port forward.

Well let's see. I'm pretty sure you know how to use hamachi, so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess for now keep your properties file IP blank. Your friends MUST connect using the hamachi IP, the internal ip would be for people connecting to your server with LAN. Don't worry if you have 2 versions of Java, the latest one will run. I am a bit confused about number 4. What exactly is wrong with the exe? Maybe that will help. Also, what server type were you using before?

TheDewottNetwork

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

You need the hammachi ip in the server.properties. As to why it will not work, I do not know. Try messing around with it a bit and see what happens. If all else fails, use fort forwarding.

Lenta
    Lenta

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postmrman198, on 08 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Well let's see. I'm pretty sure you know how to use hamachi, so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess for now keep your properties file IP blank. Your friends MUST connect using the hamachi IP, the internal ip would be for people connecting to your server with LAN. Don't worry if you have 2 versions of Java, the latest one will run. I am a bit confused about number 4. What exactly is wrong with the exe? Maybe that will help. Also, what server type were you using before?

I mean with number 4, that the server that can be downloaded from the minecraft.net site, won't work anymore. I always used this server, but then it just stopped working.

mrman198
    mrman198

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostLenta, on 13 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

I mean with number 4, that the server that can be downloaded from the minecraft.net site, won't work anymore. I always used this server, but then it just stopped working.
Have you tried the .jar? Also, I actually have a friend with this problem! He was not able to fix it, even by port forwarding. I'm not sure what caused it, as he says he did nothing to cause it. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

Lenta
    Lenta

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Postmrman198, on 14 December 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Have you tried the .jar? Also, I actually have a friend with this problem! He was not able to fix it, even by port forwarding. I'm not sure what caused it, as he says he did nothing to cause it. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

I did try the .jar file, and this one also is not working!

Shadowbolt5472

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have the same problem
Posted Image[/url] Click on my dragon to help it grow!