8 replies to this topic

gwtje
    gwtje

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: gwtje

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I just wanted to start my new serie which will be way easier and faster if there was an mcedit update for feed the beast. I hope that you people let me know if there is, if yes where and if it is a good idea?

Register or log in to remove.

Hydrogen
    Hydrogen

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1265 posts
  • Minecraft: TangentDelta

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

MCEdit? The world editor? There is no "feed the beast" version of it, it's just a map editor...

You can go onto MCEdit's official website and download it, and it'll work just fine for modifying your map that you play FTB in. If you want an inventory editor, FTB comes with NotEnoughItems (NEI).
Rule 90: 110 100 011 001

DexLuther

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostHydrogen, on 06 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

MCEdit? The world editor? There is no "feed the beast" version of it, it's just a map editor...

You can go onto MCEdit's official website and download it, and it'll work just fine for modifying your map that you play FTB in. If you want an inventory editor, FTB comes with NotEnoughItems (NEI).

While you are right that there might not be a Feed the Beast version of MCEdit, there should be or at least the ability for it to scan the folder you specify and import mod IDs.

I would suggest not using MCEdit on any FTB map, unless you like things happening like rubber tree logs turning into nether wart, which will fall all over the place as soon as you load the world up in Minecraft. The rubber tree leaves tend to turn into Nether Fence.

Posted Image

expl0s1ve

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, i really need to copy my house into another save but my rubber trees turn into mushroom blocks and leaves turn into iron bars whenever i open the map with mcedit. :(

Tudoman
    Tudoman

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: Tudoman

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

How would you actually scan the mod blocks???
Posted Image

archinpwns1
  • Minecraft: archin_owns

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Mc edit for ftb would be very useful....

Rudy414
    Rudy414

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Minecraft: Rudy414
  • Xbox:GametastropheXD
  • PSN:SuddenPixel

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yes i have bee looking for this for a long time... at least a MoBiomes plugin or something...
Posted Image

TDarkShadowxD

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Isn't there a way to disable MCEdit feature to replace unknown Block ID's with known Block ID's?

garfield62

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

How do you get MCEdit to find your FTB world.  I get a message that I need to creat one