• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Pj02143
    Pj02143

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am hoping someone knows if at some future point the game will support System Link. I own multiple licences for my multiiple XBOX 360's. My internet is awful and i want to play with my children. I have been hoping since game release.

Register or log in to remove.

JSPRINGY
    JSPRINGY

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 994 posts
  • Minecraft: JSPRINGY
  • Xbox:JSPRINGY

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostPj02143, on 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am hoping someone knows if at some future point the game will support System Link. I own multiple licences for my multiiple XBOX 360's. My internet is awful and i want to play with my children. I have been hoping since game release.

I personally don't think our lag issues are strictly related to internet connection speeds. I think there is an issue in their networking code. With any high speed internet, even 1.5 mps dsl, should be fast enough to play with people in your own home. The reason being is that the host's xbox is the server, so therefore, you only have to ping across your house, from box to box. I have the same issue as you, multiple xboxs with multiple accounts so I can play with my family... Maybe if we had real servers we could then blame our crappy internets on the lag, but I think this is 4Js screwup personally. Anywho, I would like to see lan networking added to the game as well.

Posted Image
Click my signature to go to our awesome hard survival server thread!

UpUp_Away95

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Good question... and I am also now very intriqued with the idea now that we have 2 XBox's in the same household (old one and new one).  It would be very nice indeed to be able to link them locally without resorting to the internet.  I wonder what the RAM requirements are for System Link and whether or not the room for supporting it could be found.

Janx
    Janx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

system link should require less processing power than xbox live, given that there's less packet processing to deal with to talk to another system on the same subnet.

technically, xbox live is just a pairing system.  Once the host is identified, the host xbox carries the bulk of the processing duties and should be talking directly to the other xboxes, and NOT passing traffic through xbox live.

thus, 2 xboxes in the same house, should not have any significant traffic leaving the house, once the game is setup.

It won't be quite that simple, but the gist is, properly designed, it should be better now.