Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Decoder ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

edmurzinho
  • Minecraft: Edmur

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Yeah, does anyone have a 6bit decoder? I've built one, but i deleted the world save, so please if anyone have a schematic or world download, please send me, i need it too much, and if you build a 6 bit decoder, you know how boring it is, and i'm too lazy to do it again, so please if you have any 6 bit (or more) decoder, please send me, it can be any size, any design.

Register or log in to remove.

Rawing
    Rawing

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

What kind of decoder are we talking about? 6 bit, yeah. But decode what to what?
This signature is now 20% cooler. That's what I'm counting on.

Spok76
    Spok76

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Minecraft: Nicolas76600

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Have you taken a look on minecraftmaps ?

Posted Image

edmurzinho

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostRawing, on 05 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

What kind of decoder are we talking about? 6 bit, yeah. But decode what to what?

I Don't know the correct name, i think it's binary to decimal (not to 7-segment), but people keep reffering to it like binary to unary aswell, but i just like to call it a binary decoder, because you can hook the outputs to anything. Anyways, do you have one?

Rawing
    Rawing

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

What do you want the output to be? Redstone can only represent two states, not ten. Do you want each decimal digit in binary representation? Or a single output, kind of like unary but with only one active wire?
This signature is now 20% cooler. That's what I'm counting on.

edmurzinho

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostRawing, on 05 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

What do you want the output to be? Redstone can only represent two states, not ten. Do you want each decimal digit in binary representation? Or a single output, kind of like unary but with only one active wire?

I Want 6 binary inputs (1 to 32) to 64 outputs (0 to 63) with only one wire active at time, I think you get it. lol

AkaSquirticus
  • Minecraft: Squirtdude

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Here is a 4 Bit one i made awhile back. It may give you some help if you have to remake it.

If you want it in six bits just add some extra lines.

Magix
    Magix

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2743 posts
  • Minecraft: Magixx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

^ It's possible to make that one quite a bit faster by adding a bit of vertical height. As it stands it gets slower as the decimal number goes higher, because it has to go through all those repeaters. Just run a straight line of dust above and then sort of go down a bit to get the repeaters in. That way you're still using only minimal delay.
Posted Image

edmurzinho

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostAkaSquirticus, on 05 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Here is a 4 Bit one i made awhile back. It may give you some help if you have to remake it.

If you want it in six bits just add some extra lines.

I know how to build one. I'm just too lazy to build another one, i accidentally deleted the world that i built my decoder. So i'm asking for an schematic or world download. I find building decoders soooo boring, i'm stoping my computer project again, until i have the courage to start building this decoder. Posted Image

edmurzinho

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'm so sorry fo being such a lazy douche, just finished the decoder.
Here's the schematic to anyone else that's just as lazy as me.
6 bit decoder schematic: http://www.mediafire...5rguhll0nvrscb4
This is the most fast design that i know.

AkaSquirticus
  • Minecraft: Squirtdude

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostMagix, on 05 December 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

^ It's possible to make that one quite a bit faster by adding a bit of vertical height. As it stands it gets slower as the decimal number goes higher, because it has to go through all those repeaters. Just run a straight line of dust above and then sort of go down a bit to get the repeaters in. That way you're still using only minimal delay.

The reason i did that is for simplicity. I know i could do it your way, but I was afraid i would make it more confusing and uneven (Minecraft OCD)

MrDenco
    MrDenco

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1657 posts
  • Minecraft: MrDenco

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

http://www.minecraft.../#entry19319074

(My topic for an 8 bit 256 slot decoder)
It is as fast as humanly possible.
I always wanted to argue with a brick wall, I suppose the internet is the second best option.