• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

World's simplest day/night detector! (TUT, pics to come) No redstone required!

simple day night detector

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostDivadOcsalev, on 12 December 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

When are you going to post the picture? (trying not to sound impatient)
I'm trying man, when I do go and take the time to post the pic, it doesn't give me the option to take a screenshot. (stupid bug)
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

Register or log in to remove.

Solid110
  • Minecraft: Jsolid110
  • Xbox:Jsolid110

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'm trying man, when I do go and take the time to post the pic, it doesn't give me the option to take a screenshot. (stupid bug)

you could try using a phone or something external.... just saying I know the quality won't be as good but the design sounds simple enough to not need a lot of quality in the pic... I'm also anxious because I tried with the "description/explanation" you gave in the first post and I can't seem to get it working the chicken seems to stay under the torch day and night...

So please, please, gives us some pics!

Thanks!

mikeylive98

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

ummm why not just look up at the sky??

Donridge
    Donridge

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox:Donridge

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postmikeylive98, on 12 December 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

ummm why not just look up at the sky??

Let’s say you have a castle and you want the gates to close automatically at night to keep the monsters out. A day night detector makes this possible.
Posted Image

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDonridge, on 12 December 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Let’s say you have a castle and you want the gates to close automatically at night to keep the monsters out. A day night detector makes this possible.
And you don't have to do any thing.
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

LukesterGaming

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hmm I'm not sure if I was doing this right or not, but when I put this to the test last night, the chicken would either stand right on the edge of the empty space (under the torch) and thus not putting even a foot onto the pressure plate, or would instead walk back and forth a lot causing it to always trigger a near-by piston I had setup for the test!

I tried it underground to start with, by digging a 3 deep hole of 2 in length, then covered over one side with a dirt/grass block to create the 2 high space inside, of which I put the torch on that side, then a pressure plate on the open side with a glass block over that (after putting the chicken in). This only caused the chicken to walk back and forward a lot constantly triggering the pressure plate, so I tried various above ground methods in terms of making a box with your same inside specifications said in the first post, but this still didn't seem to stop the chicken from going back and forth :/ also tried making one where it was just 1 block of height inside with the same layout, but the chicken didn't seem to move much at all and instead stood in the middle of both spaces, not activating the pressure plate at all D: damn chickens don't like me or something :( hahaha!

Posted Image

Please check out my new gaming channel, for Minecraft Xbox360 Edition uploads!

Janx
    Janx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Just diagram it like I did.

By the diagram I drew (based on your description), the actual machine does not work.

So providing a correct, functioning diagram would be useful, otherwise, this myth is busted.

SuperGlenny

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Shame.

JSPRINGY
    JSPRINGY

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Minecraft: JSPRINGY
  • Xbox:JSPRINGY

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah I dont think this works in our version yet. I've seen these on the PC version and I assume thats where Snyder got the idea, but after an hour trying it myself I have had zero success. I'm guessing this means there is a behavior change for the animals yet to come.

Posted Image
Click my signature to go to our awesome hard survival server thread!

LukesterGaming

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah I think it's only working on the PC version, cause I tried setting it up with a zombie in one too, and during the day if it was under the glass/open part it would just burn up, rather than seek shelter like Zombies/Skeletons behaviour on later PC versions haha!

Posted Image

Please check out my new gaming channel, for Minecraft Xbox360 Edition uploads!