Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Failed to login: Error?!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TheBigMaxx
  • Minecraft: TheBigMaxx

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Im a little freaked out right now. I messed around a bit with minecraft and put a beta 1.6.6 .jar that a guy kept a while ago, he put a video on it. and I downloaded it and put it on. I wanted to look around a bit to see back what it was like. (I joined november 2011 when minecraft 1.0.0 was out.) And I put my other jar back in that was 1.4.5 . And I logged in the minecraft.net thing fine. I joined a server on minecraft and i get. "Failed to login: Error"
It said disconnected from server before that and Im freaked out alittle right now. Do I have to buy minecraft again?? Im sorry if this is the wrong section but im really scared that I have to buy minecraft again.
Hello!
I like diamonds :3

Register or log in to remove.

romangvk
  • Minecraft: romangvk

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

You don't have to buy it again. If you logged in there is no problem with your account. It's probably just the server.
Posted Image

TheBigMaxx
  • Minecraft: TheBigMaxx

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

2 of the servers in my list did that. I cleared my .minecraft folder and deleted .minecraft. Im going to try a server.

I tried doing one of my servers and it worked fine after dling a clean minecraft.jar I got a little scared there. lol
Hello!
I like diamonds :3

Ps2maniac9
  • Minecraft: Ps2maniac9

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

if you have another computer try downloading minecraft from minecraft.net on there and logging in. Somthign might be wrong with the computer youre using

Posted Image

Tirell
    Tirell

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I was able to just wait it out for 60 seconds or so and it would work. Today it's not letting me wait it out. >.>

mapas27
    mapas27

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

I also had this error D:

Give Diamond :)

Please!

Varka
    Varka

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Must be a mojang error.

Blackjack99
  • Minecraft: _Taokaka_

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm getting this too, I guess it's something on Mojang's side.

SwordsSurvival

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Minecraft Multiplayer runs on servers, what a "Failed to log in error" is something between your computer and the server, that logs you into a session server, there is something blocking it. It is currently happening to all of us, because, it is at mojangs end. Now if you lost your "premium" it would say "User not Premium" when you tried to log into the game all together, and sometimes it does say that when you are a premium member, rather it be the Minecraft Session Starter Server is down. Right now Mojang is doing a few things and it is happening to all of us, Dont worry!
-SwordsMiner, from play.swordssurvival.com

Max5015
    Max5015

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Minecraft: Max5015

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Also getting the error ^^
Hope its fixed soon
Commander of T.A.G! Apply now to be a member! http://www.minecraft...tag-recruiting/

Raynbow
    Raynbow

Farlander

• Members
  • 15858 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Move your saves/texturepacks file onto your desktop or wherever suits you best
Delete the minecraft folder (you don't have to do this step but it's easier to find the new file if you do)
Download it again from minecraft.net
Put the saves and texturepack folders in the new minecraft folder
Re-launch minecraft, see what happens

OOOOR it's a server side issue

EDIT: I got in, so that's weird.

GeneralEagleEye
  • Minecraft: Generaleagleeye

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

This is an error with the login servers I belive, the best way to fix this is, once you get the error, is to go back to the tittle screen, and either open another server, or open a single player world and leave, thats what has fixed it for me

EDIT:: Ninja'd by 3 ppl? -__-
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Gray1776
    Gray1776

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

xpaw.ru/mcstatus/

SwordsSurvival

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

The sessions are half

View PostSwordsSurvival, on 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Minecraft Multiplayer runs on servers, what a "Failed to log in error" is something between your computer and the server, that logs you into a session server, there is something blocking it. It is currently happening to all of us, because, it is at mojangs end. Now if you lost your "premium" it would say "User not Premium" when you tried to log into the game all together, and sometimes it does say that when you are a premium member, rather it be the Minecraft Session Starter Server is down. Right now Mojang is doing a few things and it is happening to all of us, Dont worry!
-SwordsMiner, from play.swordssurvival.com

EDIT: They are now half up, so you will get in 50% of the time

ToaAntan
    ToaAntan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostSwordsSurvival, on 04 December 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

The sessions are half

EDIT: They are now half up, so you will get in 50% of the time

It's not half up. I'm still getting denied 100% of the time.

LittleLink

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

This error has been going on since a little after 1.4.5 came out and it is starting to really upset me. Something is going on with mojangs servers, and we have heard nothing, and it has not gotten better for a few days now. Most of the big SMP servers have been experiencing severe lag, and now it seems every one is having trouble logging in. Mojang and the developers of minecraft have always been good at giving us updates, but now we hear nothing? It's really... troubling.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Raven0
    Raven0

Carpenter

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

You can always check this link to get info about it:
http://help.mojang.com/

So yea, due to minecraft.net and Mojang accounts website being down, we're now stucked. Posted Image

It's down for an hour or two now, so we just need to wait till it's fixed. Posted Image

tdbruce34

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Bookmark help.mojang.com 9/10 times that I haven't been able to login I've found the issue there.

BladeOfShadowsX

I am also experiencing this issue.  I got in once, but that was all I was able to do.

reedhulstein00

I am also getting this issue.