-New PickaxeShovel-New Sword

-Pink Golden Apples

-Panorama Menu Background Photo

Download Link:

*CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD*

Register or log in to remove.

HackyPixelz

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Tell me what you guys think about my first clean texturepack :)

fireleven

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Add more stuff :D. I like your ideas a lot. My advice to a tex pack maker, make sure that you have the terrain.png done before releasing.

Kiamat
    Kiamat

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

I really like the axe. It looks pretty medieval and dangerous. I'm not too big of a fan of the ores or glass panes, but they don't look bad.

Overall, I like what I am seeing so far.

-Edit: Yay first post

Zamot
    Zamot

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Minecraft: YZMatt

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Oh great another default edit...

Why did you bother to upload this? You did some deletion of pixels on the glass, recolored the emerald ore, and made some ugly looking tools (However I admit the axe isn't bad).

Lots of people who do default edits reply with "Oh, well I figured anyone who wants it can download it, but the problem here is that you have gone into a section for TEXTURE PACKS, and uploaded a few textures that have been done before. Okay, now to properly criticize what you have done...

The glass is boring and unoriginal, and it looks extremely strange with the random missing pixels on the border.
The ores have even less variation to them now. They are all just little nuggets that are different colors.
The sword is too fat, and the handle is extremely boring and straight.
The pickaxe is also pretty boring, and is way too straight.
The shovel looks more like a murder weapon because of how sharp it is, and I'm fairly use it is stolen from alternacraft.

I NO LONGER USE THIS ACCOUNT MY NEW ACCOUNT IS YWZMATT!!!

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostYZMatt, on 03 December 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

-snip-

To be brutally honest... This^.

Default edits utilize default textures in finished products. This is a default edit, and the changes you've made have been made in a previous default edit. Most anything you change in a default edit is likely already done, because one cannot be creative with defaults. The defaults, to many, are boring and have dull colours, and that is why people make texture packs, because they are tired of defaults and prefer a look besides the dull defaults. This is the default, only with a few things changed, the boring colours are still there, and most of the default textures are the same. As I've said, the only changes have already been made in a previous default edit.

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image

HackyPixelz

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostYZMatt, on 03 December 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Oh great another default edit...

Why did you bother to upload this? You did some deletion of pixels on the glass, recolored the emerald ore, and made some ugly looking tools (However I admit the axe isn't bad).

Lots of people who do default edits reply with "Oh, well I figured anyone who wants it can download it, but the problem here is that you have gone into a section for TEXTURE PACKS, and uploaded a few textures that have been done before. Okay, now to properly criticize what you have done...

The glass is boring and unoriginal, and it looks extremely strange with the random missing pixels on the border.
The ores have even less variation to them now. They are all just little nuggets that are different colors.
The sword is too fat, and the handle is extremely boring and straight.
The pickaxe is also pretty boring, and is way too straight.
The shovel looks more like a murder weapon because of how sharp it is, and I'm fairly use it is stolen from alternacraft.

Thanks for your advices and your comments!well this is my first texture pack and because im a youtuber and i make youtube videos
and also im a fan of default texturepacks i made this.But i will change some stuff so wait!

View Postcorner_g, on 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

To be brutally honest... This^.

Default edits utilize default textures in finished products. This is a default edit, and the changes you've made have been made in a previous default edit. Most anything you change in a default edit is likely already done, because one cannot be creative with defaults. The defaults, to many, are boring and have dull colours, and that is why people make texture packs, because they are tired of defaults and prefer a look besides the dull defaults. This is the default, only with a few things changed, the boring colours are still there, and most of the default textures are the same. As I've said, the only changes have already been made in a previous default edit.

that's the idea!i made a default like texturepack the colors of the default must be the same..not many changes.but more coming soon.this was my first texture pack

ArcanicExpIorer
  • Minecraft: ArcanicExplorer
  • Xbox:fails

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I love 95% of this so far.. the only thing I would change is the random missing pixels on glass/glass panes and maybe you could add to the ore even though I like it.
Hey, my names Joe, feel free to message me! :)
Ps: Quote me when replying to one of my threads/posts so I get a notification.

Gzam14
    Gzam14

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Minecraft: Gzam14

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Nice tweaks, maybe there should be a section for default edits so people don't react this way. I know what you did, you like default so you only changed the things you think could be better.
And people, those random missing pixels in glass are in the default textures, he didn't add them, but it would be a nice tweak filling them.
Nice work. And a suggestion, you should change the shovel to be rounder, it looks kinda like a spear.

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostGzam14, on 03 December 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Nice tweaks, maybe there should be a section for default edits so people don't react this way. I know what you did, you like default so you only changed the things you think could be better.
And people, those random missing pixels in glass are in the default textures, he didn't add them, but it would be a nice tweak filling them.
Nice work. And a suggestion, you should change the shovel to be rounder, it looks kinda like a spear.

Agreed, accept the sharper shovel is what makes it a tad bit different from default, but I guess a little touch-up wouldn't harm anything

PcGameRepublic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

hacky mc patcher needed ?

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostPcGameRepublic, on 04 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

hacky mc patcher needed ?

No mc patcher is needed.

(I'm pretty sure if its 16x16 it doesn't need to be patched)

Yiotis1998

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Nice texture pack! I do not like very much the pickaxe, the other tools are very good!

ArcanicExpIorer

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostYiotis1998, on 27 December 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Nice texture pack! I do not like very much the pickaxe, the other tools are very good!

I could agree, but it makes the pack look cooler. :)