Latest News Article

[16x, 32x][1.7.X] Precisely Portal and Modified Portal

portal precisely modified chell glados 32x32 16x16 companion portal 2

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

carlotta4th
  • Minecraft: carlotta4th

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

This was the first Beta Portal texture pack, supported by the first Alpha creator.

Portal: The device has been modified

As a lover of the game Portal, I was very happy to find a portal texture pack that Cosine made for minecraft.  (Original Pack available here). Unfortunately, the pack was only for creative mode... So since I like to have zombies and creepers mauling me when I'm testing, I decide to adopt the pack for my own and update it.

Permissions: You're welcome to modify the packs to fit your own needs/dungeons/etc, but you cannot make profit off of the textures themselves, claim the textures as your own, or repost the packs without giving credit and linking back to the originals. Thank you!

This means: Yes. Use the packs for the dungeon you made (that's kind-of the point)! If you're using the vanilla textures, you could say something like "download [texture pack name]." And if you need to alter the textures slightly for your dungeon, say something like "I altered [texture pack name] by carlotta4th, so here's the version you need for this dungeon: [link to your version. A normal, non-adfly non-profit link]" (You can certainly link your dungeon world to adfly--just not my textures). Enjoy testing!

Other, (quite dated) movies:

Spoiler:

FROLIC with turrets (and other portal-esque mobs!)

Posted Image

Let GLaDOS TAUNT YOU on your main menu!

Posted Image

USE "PORTALS": Vanilla Minecraft style! (These are paintings held up by signs)

Posted Image

Or use REAL portals! (textures for iChun's Portal Gun mod included).

Posted Image

FIGHT YOUR WAY through Enrichment Centers!

Posted Image

Posted Image

TEST in Portal 1 or Portal 2! (alternate paintings available)

Posted Image

FIND remnants of previous test subjects!

Posted Image

Eat CAKE with your best friends! (Personality cores are animated in-game)

Posted Image

Downloads: Back to Index

What are the differences?
Precisely Portal is the more "true to portal" version. It has two-block high walls, mushroom turrets, particle cane reeds... so it looks more like portal, but it's a of a lot harder to play minecraft normally with it on (turret soup?! Particle cake?!?). But this could be a good version to make a dungeon with if you really want it to look like portal.

Modified Portal is "inspired" by portal rather than exact. Nature still looks like nature for the most part, and items are generally easy enough to recognize-- You can actually play minecraft with this pack on and not be too confused!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mirror downloads:

Spoiler:

The 32x32 packs use Vattic's "Faithful 32x32" for the base textures. Great pack, I highly suggest giving it a look.

How to add the texture packs:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
How to install iChun's Portal Gun mod:
Spoiler:

FAQ (Frequently asked questions): Please check this list and the "to do" list before making suggestions. Back to Index
Spoiler:

To do list: (not in any specific order)
Spoiler:

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Portal Enrichment Centers (Dungeons/Adventure Maps made by players. Most require the portal gun mod)

Back to Index

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

carlotta4th

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hmmm... I wasn't going to post the pack until it was more completed, but I changed my mind on that. So it's available now.

I'm sure you guys could have helpful suggestions on texture changes and the sort. So let me know what you like/don't like. I can't promise to change it, but if you have a really good idea I'm not too proud to say no.

Posted Image

Fidget98160
  • Minecraft: Fidget98160

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Now someone needs to make a mod to make the portals work. Looks awesome, any screenies of the baddies?
Posted Image

carlotta4th

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Fidget98160 said:

Now someone needs to make a mod to make the portals work. Looks awesome, any screenies of the baddies?
I think there are a few mods like that, but I'll do some more research and post the links when I have time (I've got a few finals that come first right now). I don't have any screenshots of the enemies, yet, because they kept mauling me when I tried to take their picture.

Especially those spiders! Man, those guys can see you from anywhere.

Posted Image

Chechis
    Chechis

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

awesome
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

JasonShepard

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Spiders could be Mini Glados.  Creepers can be walking companion cubes (a play off of creeper needs hugz meme)
I love this pack. Keep up the good work

carlotta4th

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Update: Wood is now black (hopefully it still looks like wood, but I had to make it black to make the fences look right). Crafting table and treasure chests are now skinned, too.

Please note that the sides of furnaces look really weird. This is because the dispenser needs to have those sides, and unfortunately, the furnaces share the same graphic. So just hide furnace sides with something, okay?  If that's a really big deal for you, though, let me know about it. I could reconsider having visible sides, even though the dispenser looks so much better without them.

A much, much later EDIT: Ah, these old pictures are so... nostalgic. <3 For anyone who happens to read these first couple of posts, the images are entirely outdated. Please check the OP post and near the end of the thread for most up-to-date textures. But if you're here for a history tour:

Posted Image

Posted Image

carlotta4th

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

Update: I skinned TNT, the jukebox, bookshelves, sandstone, and nature items (like cactus, reeds, etc.). The basic terrain is probably 99% completed, so the big projects left are mob skins and making a dungeon.

GlaDOS: "Quit now, and cake will be served immediately."

Posted Image

Posted Image

EPICZEUS
    EPICZEUS

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

HALP! When I open the texture pack folder and select it, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :D

EPICZEUS
    EPICZEUS

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

[quote name="EPICZEUS"]HALP! When I open the texture pack folder and select it, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :iapprove:

carlotta4th

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

EPICZEUS said:

HALP!
Hmmm... I tried changing the upload directions because I assumed that the "Open texture pack" button worked. But it might not.

So I've reverted the download directions back to normal. Try this:

1. Download the zip file here: http://www.mediafire...l06ptp0ajrjdibk
2. Use your computers search function ("find" or "search") and type in "Run"
3. Open run and type: %appdata%/.minecraft/texturepacks
4. Drag the zip file into this folder
5. Open minecraft and click on "Mods and Texture Packs" in the main menu.
6. The pack should be there now. Enjoy!

Posted Image

bokucharmander

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

So much win here :D

bigben42

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Make the creepers into the auto-turrets, its the perfect size and shape no?

LimeHunter7

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

THIS NEEDS TO CONTINUE HAPENING.

Please never stop!  :P

Also requesting someone make something awesome with this and a mod of AdventureCraft, that way you can mess with triggers!

eighty_five said:

This entire thread just gave me a goddamn headache.
Posted Image

carlotta4th

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:34 AM

LimeHunter7 said:

THIS NEEDS TO CONTINUE HAPENING.

Please never stop!  :iapprove:

Also requesting someone make something awesome with this and a mod of AdventureCraft, that way you can mess with triggers!
Considering this pack was only posted on Monday and I've updated 4 times since then... I'd say it is certainly going to "continue hapening." Just check my to do list for planned changes in the future of the pack.

As for the trigger thing, I have no knowledge in mods or coding, so I'll probably leave that particular project to someone else. =) But I AM planning on making a dungeon once I can figure out how to use MCmapper... and possibly once my finals are over. Real life comes first.

bigben42 said:

Make the creepers into the auto-turrets, its the perfect size and shape no?
I tried to make zombies or skeletons look turret-esque, but their arms just made it look weird. But creepers? I hadn't thought of that... maybe I'll try it out. I wouldn't be able to make them look exactly like turrets, of course. But perhaps inspired by them.

EDIT: Whoah. The result of this needs some fine tuning, but it's now my favorite mob! I love to see those little guys scribbling on over to me! (The creeper skin will be included in a future update when it's more finalized).

Posted Image

TheDoctorMouse
  • Minecraft: TheDoctorMouse

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

This is my officially my favorite texture pack of all. Thanks a bunch for making this! I really enjoy the look of it.
Cogito ergo sum.
Better pumpkin blur texpack.

kahren
    kahren

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: Kahren
  • Xbox:Krnlmd

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

I love it! It's perfect!  :D

I have a companion cube in minecraft! OMG! i will never take out this texture!

Really...Thank so much! I'm 100% more excited with minecraft now.
:YFlower:  :P  :YFlower:  :D  :YFlower:  :D

JackAllan

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

The download is broken, can you post a mirror?
http://i52.tinypic.com/6okgf9.png
Jack Allan, Ballistic Engineer. At your service.

-gir-
    -gir-

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

can you upload the world where you made the screenshots?

billy429
    billy429

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

bookmark