14311 replies to this topic

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postdjchrisblue, on 01 February 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Check the official thread: beam weapons, bound magical tools, and wands oh my!

peace
Heh, I checked the thread half an hour before he posted that. Just my luck.

Register or log in to remove.

Bunkaz94
    Bunkaz94

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

sprinting with haste 3 is better than walking with haste 3 or is just a waste of hunger?
Sorry about my english, my native language is spanish!
Spoiler:

MrGraphic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Ok, something is wrong with dart launchers. In ssp golems use them but I make two golems in smp one strong and one smart ( +armor+visors+hats ) and they both refuse to use dart launchers. I wonder is it only me or it's general ?
Another one thing. Boots of traveler gives you ability to step one block but when i take them of or change to other boots this ability remains until I relog or change dimension ( smp ).

The same with standard golems and only dart launchers :|.

Edited by MrGraphic, 01 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

wiiv
    wiiv

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello Azanor, the wand of nine hells charge bar position seems overlap the thirst mod thirst gauge position, can you add an option to change the position of the charge bar of your wand? Thanks, this is a fantastic mod.

Posted Image

Bunkaz94
    Bunkaz94

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

bug (or feature?) quick silver doesn't give XP when taken out of the furnace.
Spoiler:

Alexey5555
  • Minecraft: Alexey5555

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postwiiv, on 01 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Hello Azanor, the wand of nine hells charge bar position seems overlap the thirst mod thirst gauge position, can you add an option to change the position of the charge bar of your wand? Thanks, this is a fantastic mod.
The Wand Of Nine Hells Is W.I.P. Soo... It Can Be Changed.

Posted Image

Gormador
  • Minecraft: Golgor

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hey Azanor!

First of, I've been playing a good amount of time with Thaumcraft 3 in the last two months and it has been a real pleasure. So thank you for that!

Second matter : animal farms.
I'm a long time player of the mod "Better Than Wolves" (TC3 being the only other mod I've been playing since I booted up BTW more than a year and a half ago) and there is one part of the gameplay that I am eager to see you revisit : animal farms.
As things are (and I do understand you are still working on new features), there is no way –to my knowledge– to automate cow, pig and sheep (for wool) farms. Even chicken ones aren't really possible –again, to my knowledge– due to the lack of a way to differentiate babies from adults.

So, thanks to this mod (http://www.minecraft...ds-all-ssp-smp/) that I will install in the next 10 minutes, I will be able to breed animals automatically every five minutes. But still won't be able to kill those.

tl;dr :
So my question is simple : do you plan to do something about animal farms or is it something that you don't see as a fitting piece of the mod?  

Whatever the answer is, please let me thank you again for all the work you have done so far and... damn, those effects are neat!
Posted Image
For further information on this issue, you can click on the banner.

elemenster

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

a tip dungeon crawler may be incredably useful but it breaks aspects for most vanila items, though the torches with corpus are somewhat amuseing the 3 tree 1 vacus chests and the crafting tables with 1 fabrico are not

Scarrboros

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostGormador, on 01 February 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hey Azanor!

First of, I've been playing a good amount of time with Thaumcraft 3 in the last two months and it has been a real pleasure. So thank you for that!

I'm a long time player of the mod "Better Than Wolves" (TC3 being the only other mod I've been playing since I booted up BTW more than a year and a half ago) and there is one part of the gameplay that I am eager to see you revisit : animal farms.
As things are (and I do understand you are still working on new features), there is no way –to my knowledge– to automate cow, pig and sheep (for wool) farms. Even chicken ones aren't really possible –again, to my knowledge– due to the lack of a way to differentiate babies from adults.

So, thanks to this mod (http://www.minecraft...ds-all-ssp-smp/) that I will install in the next 10 minutes, I will be able to breed animals automatically every five minutes. But still won't be able to kill those.

tl;dr :
So my question is simple : do you plan to do something about animal farms or is it something that you don't see as a fitting piece of the mod?  

Whatever the answer is, please let me thank you again for all the work you have done so far and... damn, those effects are neat!
Use Iron Golems :)
Posted Image

wiiv
    wiiv

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostAlexey5555, on 01 February 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

The Wand Of Nine Hells Is W.I.P. Soo... It Can Be Changed.

Yes, that is why I am asking in advance. ;)

Posted Image

Bunkaz94
    Bunkaz94

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Azanor, a couple of suggestions if you don't mind:

-A wand crafted with dull shards, holding right click recharges it and if you release it a crystal will fire from it, the longer the hold, the more damage it takes/deals, you use it to craft an elemental bow (name to change) and when you shoot with it shots straight/2 arrows maybe? (you can of course change what they do but you get the idea)

-A new golem capable to breed animals, can hold 16 of an item at the same time, brainy breeds 2 types (with 2 slots), and strong carries 32 instead of 16.

-A way to zoom out the thaumonomicon.

thanks in advance Posted Image
Spoiler:

Illmad
    Illmad

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

WOO! Found one of those obsidian totem sites with a wisp spawner. That came as a surprise. Didn't want to destroy the spawner, so mining the obsidian totems and tiles was a real pain.

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wisp spawner? D:

Calcifire3691

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostGormador, on 01 February 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hey Azanor!

tl;dr :

yeah, animal breeding one thing that always messes me up switching between BTW and forge (the other changes BTW makes just end up being good practice or self imposed challenges)

it's easy to take things like animals eating from the ground or baby animals being unable to jump, for granted until you realize "oh yeah, they were part of BTW, not vanilla"

a solution could be to add a setting to brainy iron golems to either kill all non-hostiles or kill ONLY adults (specifically, only adults of breedable species, so they won't kill unbreedable animals if that option is enabled)

or maybe just make it so they won't kill a child or it's parents (after all, regular iron golems have the Laputa: Castle In The Sky thing of giving children flowers, so even the dumb ones have a sense of protection towards children)

View PostScarrboros, on 01 February 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Use Iron Golems Posted Image

a clarification for you Posted Image

in BTW, baby animals cannot jump, and it also includes areas that mobs will think is solid ground.

if you have a breeding pair of animals dropping babies into a pit where one block higher is a deeper pit covered in the non solid blocks, they will stay there until they grow up, where they will then try to path onto the non-solid blocks and fall through into a meat grin... happy place where no slaughter happens.

the end result is a more efficient mob farm since only adult mobs actually give products

edit:

actually, thinking of that, it could be a use of tempus, an age detector :P
it triggers when there is a sufficient buildup of time (ie, something has lived long enough to be an adult)
upon which a redstone signal will be triggered RELEASING THE MURDEROUS DEATHBOTS AHAHAAHA *ahem* I mean, releasing the golems to harvest their delicious fleshmeats (no wait that still sounds evil...)

Scarrboros

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostCalcifire3691, on 01 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

a clarification for you Posted Image

in BTW, baby animals cannot jump, and it also includes areas that mobs will think is solid ground.

if you have a breeding pair of animals dropping babies into a pit where one block higher is a deeper pit covered in the non solid blocks, they will stay there until they grow up, where they will then try to path onto the non-solid blocks and fall through into a meat grin... happy place where no slaughter happens.

the end result is a more efficient mob farm since only adult mobs actually give products

You can in some ways still do this. You only need a breeding cell set up that breeds two adults together every five minutes or so and seperate the children that way and then kill them after 20 minutes with the Golems. Just an idea, and it should work.

And I know about Better Than Wolves things, man. :) I don't play it as much now as before but I still love the mod and keep to the updates to see what is new. You don't really need to say all those things. Knew them already.
Posted Image

Calcifire3691

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostScarrboros, on 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

You can in some ways still do this. You only need a breeding cell set up that breeds two adults together every five minutes or so and seperate the children that way and then kill them after 20 minutes with the Golems. Just an idea, and it should work.

And I know about Better Than Wolves things, man. Posted Image I don't play it as much now as before but I still love the mod and keep to the updates to see what is new. You don't really need to say all those things. Knew them already.
apologies for the presumption :P
I need to figure out a way of timing things longer than a few ticks still though (again, tempus use :P)
maybe a timer based on item despawn times?

raa1337
    raa1337

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postmoonra, on 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Wisp spawner? D:

Suddenly, I want it. I don't know why, but I want a wisp spawner.

Question though... does it spawn random wisp types? Can you get the 'weather' aspect wisps as well?

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Now that I think about it... have anyone tried getting them into Soul Shards?

Block_Splicer
  • Minecraft: Block_Splicer

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Moonra: Just tried that, the shards doen't regonize them as a mob.

View PostCalcifire3691, on 01 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

actually, thinking of that, it could be a use of tempus, an age detector Posted Image
it triggers when there is a sufficient buildup of time (ie, something has lived long enough to be an adult)
upon which a redstone signal will be triggered RELEASING THE MURDEROUS DEATHBOTS AHAHAAHA *ahem* I mean, releasing the golems to harvest their delicious fleshmeats (no wait that still sounds evil...)

I love this idea, except make it so that it will scan an area, not just an improveded pressure plate.  Besides the plate could activate for an adult while there are still young in the pen.
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them.  Wish me luck.

Block_Splicer
  • Minecraft: Block_Splicer

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

A question to all and espesically Azanor.  Why did you add more aspects to the torches?  Please explain.
I left the enderman to observe and emulate the steves, I want to know more about them.  Wish me luck.