Latest News Article

Thaumcraft 3.0.5i (Outdated)

smp forge api 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
14311 replies to this topic

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

mmm... I made a new world with the 3.0.2c update, and so far, have not found a single vis crystal.

Doubt this is working as intended.  I found amber though, and cinnibar ore, and all the world gen is working as normal except the crystals.  Hell, this version I have found more TC3 trees than ever.  Usually rare to see more than 3 on the horizon, currently have not NOT had a minimum of 3 on the horizon though.  Usually 5-6 of em....  Something makes me think this is partially related.

EDIT: Further digging in creative shows that the ores do exist.  At least in creative inventory.

Not in world though for some reason.

EDIT:2

Found some in world.  Very few though.  And this was after using a regen key swap.  This definatally feels very off from what it should be.

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Blitz_9100

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Here is a crash report for you, Right click the pickaxe of the core near a computercraft turtle.

Crash Report:
Spoiler:

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostBlitz_9100, on 26 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Here is a crash report for you, Right click the pickaxe of the core near a computercraft turtle.

Crash Report:
Spoiler:

Dude... next time try not to use other tags with spoiler tags next time.

You used the code tags in with spoiler tags which was unneeded and the reason why there is a wallo'text above in that post you made.
Posted Image

SvEgiiVEteR

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

please pay attention.
Tried different versions of mods forga.
and one and the same problem.
not compatible GregTech and THAUMCRAFT (book with recipes mod)
Spoiler:

these recipes are not visible if set GregTech
when I delete GregTech, all recipes seen.
what could be the problem?
Conflict ID no. all items are created.
log file http://paste.ubuntu.com/1572025/
and configs
tc3 http://paste.ubuntu.com/1572028/
gt http://paste.ubuntu.com/1572029/
do not know much English.
Sorry for bad English :)

Aeraesoria

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hmm time to start on some research :P
Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostSvEgiiVEteR, on 26 January 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

-snip-

well since it only happens when you have gregtech, it's almost definitely gregtech (as usual) messing about with things it has no clue how to understand and has absolutely no business changing, yell at greg, not azanor, most likely anyway, that four letter word needs it.

sondrex76
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

the new glass dont look wery good for me withles i stand in one corner (it need to be one of them, in the rest it dosent look good), but i have optifine installed so i think thats the problem. :(
Posted Image

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 26 January 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

well since it only happens when you have gregtech, it's almost definitely gregtech (as usual) messing about with things it has no clue how to understand and has absolutely no business changing, yell at greg, not azanor, most likely anyway, that four letter word needs it.
Ok we get it you don't like Gregtech I'm running Gregtech\TC3 with no issues at all and in fact I installed the other mod he has there Applied Energistics in my test world just now to see if that was the issue, in this case no it wasn't. I'd suggest changing the Forge version from .509 to a lower one though as I have been reading reports that all of the 50X versions of Forge are buggy as hell, I'm running .497 so possibly try that one.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

i didn't say that, i said he shouldn't meddle in things he doesn't understand, i enjoy and use gregtech personally.

the reason i posted that was because i thought it was likely that it was something added in a version later than the one i'm using and so didn't see.

Mafect
    Mafect

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Arcane bore <3.

Very good job you made, reminds me of eve online strip laser :P

Maybe you will add thing that will allow to controll which block, bore will look for? eg. coal.

SvEgiiVEteR

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 26 January 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

View PostWTFFFS, on 26 January 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Ok we get it you don't like Gregtech I'm running Gregtech\TC3 with no issues at all and in fact I installed the other mod he has there Applied Energistics in my test world just now to see if that was the issue, in this case no it wasn't. I'd suggest changing the Forge version from .509 to a lower one though as I have been reading reports that all of the 50X versions of Forge are buggy as hell, I'm running .497 so possibly try that one.

I used the 499 and the same glitch. by mode Applied Energistics
checked at 509 and said that he was all okay. on this I also installed 509, but I still remained as it was.
I'm the one facing this problem show or not? whose book of the same buggy TC3 Gregtech?
do not know much English.
Sorry for bad English :)

Aeraesoria

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I've got gregtech installed and am not seeing the same issue you've got.
Posted Image

TXMount
    TXMount

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Minecraft: TXmount

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

DOH.  I think I delved too deeply and mined too greedily...

I made a Mystcraft age with 5 Dense Ores modifiers, and tunneled down to y=15, and built a crystal frame to chuck things through as I filled my inventory..  I had two stacks of diamonds, and boatloads of Ferrous, iron, silver, gold, redstone, lapis....  then the black decay moved a block of my frame, and crashed my client.  Not a Thaumcraft thing, I know, but I felt like I had to share.  :(

EDIT:  World isn't corrupted, and I kept all my stuffs!  yay!
I am the Godzilla of relationships.  Once I've been there, there's nothing left but smoldering rubble and hysterical Japanese people.

Rossmallo

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Wait. I thought entities going through myst portals caused Ticking Errors. Or...has there been an update?
Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:

Posted Image

Ihadris
    Ihadris

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi Azanor,

Just wanted to put in a thank you for all the work you've done on this mod. We've been thoroughly enjoying each and every discovery we've made on our little server, in particular the Golems and automating as much as we can with them.

I was wondering, since there is already some integration with the bees from Forestry and Extra Bees through Thaumic Bees, would you consider creating an Apiarist Golem to automate the hives? Or modify the current Golems so that they can?

As an example of what is happening currently, if i tell a Clay Golem to keep a hive stocked with a Princess and a Drone of a particular species they will refill it only as long as it's from the same generation of bees. It won't take the drone and offspring produced when the Queen dies and place them back into the hive; I'm guessing that there is something about how their genetic make up changes causes this?
-Ihadris

JakeSkydragon

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 23 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Oh god yes, I want a Mercury waterfall. VERY much.

By the way, is there any mods that allow mass-planting of seeds? Planting huge feilds one by one takes ages, and Straw Golems don't seem to be doing the job.

Redpower does have a seedbag with witch you can mass-plant an area about 5x5

Aeraesoria

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 26 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Wait. I thought entities going through myst portals caused Ticking Errors. Or...has there been an update?

It still is, or it could be a issue with Optifine? not sure. and to the above. I said that already to Ross not sure if he saw that post or not though lol
Posted Image

TXMount
    TXMount

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Minecraft: TXmount

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 26 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Well, it appears the entity that passed through the portal was a column of rock falling into decay blocks.  Either way, it spit me out into the "real" world, and I only lost the items that were lying on the floor.
I am the Godzilla of relationships.  Once I've been there, there's nothing left but smoldering rubble and hysterical Japanese people.

Rossmallo

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I saw that post, thanks. But yeah...I don't use Optifine, it breaks SO many things.

Anyway...All I dropped through was a stack of cobblestone, and the game immediately imploded.
Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:

Posted Image

Robertof_

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Running Thaumcraft 3.0.2a, water isn't showed from wardened glass:
Posted Image
(I know that there is 3.0.2c now, but I haven't seen anything in the changelog about that)
I'm not using Optifine.