Latest News Article

Thaumcraft 3.0.5i (Outdated)

smp forge api 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
14311 replies to this topic

FilyaFielend

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hello, guys!
This mod is amazing, but i have a problem. When I'm taking anything from this mod in my hands, I can see only a half of these things.
Proofpic:
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Red_Stalker
  • Minecraft: __Stalker__

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I just leave it here :-D
Spoiler:

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Oh yeah, baby, Axe of the Stream. Now we're talking. And what is that red wand? o-o
Looks like a scepter.

TheGrayGoo
    TheGrayGoo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Minecraft: TheGrayGoo
  • Xbox:TheGrayGoo

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostSage Harpuia, on 13 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Also the old legendary lurkers will love what Azanor is holding around the 2 minutes mark...

View PostRed_Stalker, on 14 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Spoiler:
The sword, the pickaxe, the axe... some of my fondest memories. also for some reason I mistook the ore pile thingies for the original TC1 crystalline thaum
Posted Image

netWilk
    netWilk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: netwilk

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Have a very weird crash report O.O

Spoiler:

d95
    d95

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Minecraft: damien95

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

orepiles= ingot + nuggets(what I think).  azanor quicky discovered that you could place oreblocks after you mined them to farm nuggets Posted Image    btw, real thaumcraft lurkers would remember the good'ol stuff from tc1, I miss the eldritch tree, the warp wand,the huge explosive slime,warpgates(its in ars magica now) and ofc the vis filled slimechunks(reis minimaps was better than the vis finding wand).

btw, I came up with an idea:   Animated chests   !  its a travelling trunk,but it acts like a hungry chest and a wooden golem and stone/clay golems can interact with it!   its crafted by combining a hungry chest, a brainy golem and a few aspects.  

the chest has 3 modes: following, idle and automatic; the automatic mode will make the chest act like a wooden golem, the idle mode will make it stand still and act like a hungry chest, and the following mode will  make it follow the player like a tc2 trunk.( I know this idea is unoriginal, but i really miss the trunk...)

sorry for making this post appear to be a wall of text, nothing happens when i press enter in explorer and im running windows 8.

edit: im using crome now, i can actually make paragraphs now :D

Posted Image

AnonTheMouse

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postd95, on 14 January 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

orepiles= ingot + nuggets(what I think).  azanor quicky discovered that you could place oreblocks after you mined them to farm nuggets Posted Image    btw, real thaumcraft lurkers would remember the good'ol stuff from tc1, I miss the eldritch tree, the warp wand,the huge explosive slime,warpgates(its in ars magica now) and ofc the vis filled slimechunks(reis minimaps was better than the vis finding wand). btw, I came up with an idea:   Animated chests   !  its a travelling trunk,but it acts like a hungry chest and a wooden golem and stone/clay golems can interact with it!   its crafted by combining a hungry chest, a brainy golem and a few aspects.   the chest has 3 modes: following, idle and automatic; the automatic mode will make the chest act like a wooden golem, the idle mode will make it stand still and act like a hungry chest, and the following mode will  make it follow the player like a tc2 trunk.( I know this idea is unoriginal, but i really miss the trunk...) sorry for making this post appear to be a wall of text, nothing happens when i press enter in explorer and im running windows 8.

You have no idea how sad I was when I completed research on the Hungry Chest and found out it wouldn't be my pet.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

d95
    d95

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostAnonTheMouse, on 14 January 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

You have no idea how sad I was when I completed research on the Hungry Chest and found out it wouldn't be my pet.

i know how it feels... the trunk has been my pet since tc1

edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the  pickaxe of the core's texture has changed... i loved the old texture, it made it look big and powerfull

btw, azanor, can you make dusts drop nuggets too, or maybe you should make the orepiles drop 2 ingots when smelted in an infernal furnace and maybe a nugget every now and then?

maybe not since it would be unbalanced

Posted Image

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

BTW, how was TC1? I started with TC2 and never really searched for videos. What was unique in this mods beginnings?

ObsidianWalker

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Spoiler:
the pickaxe... i had a sex dream with it, no really, i love it, it was my favorite/outstandingly OP tool ever, will it be in the next update?
also, this version isn't compatible with mc 1.4.7 right?
If you want me to read your answer quote my post.
Posted Image

Sage Harpuia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Spoiler:
Without commenting on the obvious elemental tools, I also see ore pieces? Oh, and a strange wand and a thaumic vest...as well power ups for golems, ranging from armor, arrows and...robocop? *giggles and faints*

Posted Image

FryoKnight
  • Location: In my Zap Apple Orchard, waiting for Zap Apples to grow.
  • Minecraft: FryoKnight
  • Xbox:Fyro Knight

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postelemenster, on 14 January 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

is that a bacon sword?

edit: also wher do i dl industrialcraft for 1.4.6/7 all i can find are 1.4.5 dls
It is a Ruby Sword... From RedPower... It is my own texture to make it look pretty with the Forgotten Lands texture pack (of which I am the person that does the most Mod Texture support for it, though it bits and pieces... xD). :3

View PostAeraesoria, on 14 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

on the industrialcraft2 forums.

Go into the support section and you'll see 1.112 beta

better yet... here's a link

http://forum.industr...d&threadID=8607

*sigh* if only Xycraft textures didn't flicker when looking at structures made out of them from a distance... that's my only beef with Xycraft... well there is also them not showing a proper color texture in the Rei's minimap as well... it's the damn same thing with greatwood trees from TC3, Acadia, Redwood, and Fir trees from extrabiomes XL.
Well, Rei's Minimap hardly gets any updates anymore... Besides being updated to the newest version... The newest version's Biome Map currently doesn't even show the Biomes for ExtraBiomesXL anymore...

Spoiler:

View Postmoonra, on 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Oh yeah, baby, Axe of the Stream. Now we're talking. And what is that red wand? o-o
Looks like a scepter.
I'm wondering what the Blue one does and what the little clumps of what look like nuggets are. Posted Image

Posted Image

Rekalty
    Rekalty

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Would you consider adding research (hidden one maybe) to be able to craft Silverwood Saplings? Perhaps using lots of Praecantation, Hebra and Lignum, as well as some Leaves/Logs.

Morolas
    Morolas

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

The Arcane ear should be able to respond to a iron note block from misc peripherals! that would be awesome!

Manuil
    Manuil

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Minecraft: MightyManuil

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postlucariomaster1, on 14 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Spoiler:

I really like some of the ideas
Posted Image

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

New blue and red wands in that list... I can only assume it's the the blue wand is for Aqua elemental magic, frost wand maybe?
Posted Image

Remakerr
    Remakerr

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

With regards to the finiteness of aura, it doesn't naturally recharge, it only looks that way.  Nodes recover by drawing aura away from larger nearby nodes.  Those nodes recover by consuming shard ores at 10 Vis per block, leaving dull ore behind as a by product.  When they run out of ore to consume, they stop recovering altogether.

New Silverwood trees don't create aura, they destroy aura.  The new node takes its Vis from the nearest node at a 3:2 rate. Even worse, the merging itself is very lossy, adding only 1/3 of the aura from the smallest node.  If you plant 40 sequential silverwood saplings to build up a 1,000 point node, you will end up burning about 4500 aura.  That will kill roughly 450 infused ores in your region, which is probably more than you have.  Also, there will be flux everywhere.  Not just in your new node, but in every node that had to lend Vis to support the operation.

The only source I of fresh Vis that I know of are the crystal clusters.  Dark nodes are rumored to produce fresh Vis, but I have yet to confirm this.

Zombielogic
  • Minecraft: ZombieLogic

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Spoiler:
owo..... ­ THE HELL YES! what what are them ore cluster thingers? and that armor stuff.....and that ore cluster looking stuff.

d95
    d95

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostAeraesoria, on 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

New blue and red wands in that list... I can only assume it's the the blue wand is for Aqua elemental magic, frost wand maybe?

if its like its tc2 version, it will shoot water particles that turn water into ice, but they can also creat non source waterblocks if they hit dirt. it can also turn sand into dirt.

btw, oreclusters are like ores, azanor needed to create the clusters so the pickaxe of the core's nugget bonus couldnt be farmed(by placing mined oreblocks and mining them over and over again)

it made me laugh when he noticed the exploit on forgecraft.

for those who didnt play tc1, it was awesome, some items in tc1 were added to tc2.
the singularity and the traveling trunk are 2 cool items that i miss, they were in both tc1 and 2 and i would really like to see them in tc3.

the travelling trunk can easily fit in tc3 since you have golems and hungry chests, all you need it to add the trunk and use golems and hungry chests in the recipe to make everything about the item to make sense.

golems for its ability to move and see, hungry chest to make it able to pick up items since chests with arms are silly.

Posted Image

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostRemakerr, on 14 January 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

With regards to the finiteness of aura, it doesn't naturally recharge, it only looks that way.  Nodes recover by drawing aura away from larger nearby nodes.  Those nodes recover by consuming shard ores at 10 Vis per block, leaving dull ore behind as a by product.  When they run out of ore to consume, they stop recovering altogether.

New Silverwood trees don't create aura, they destroy aura.  The new node takes its Vis from the nearest node at a 3:2 rate. Even worse, the merging itself is very lossy, adding only 1/3 of the aura from the smallest node.  If you plant 40 sequential silverwood saplings to build up a 1,000 point node, you will end up burning about 4500 aura.  That will kill roughly 450 infused ores in your region, which is probably more than you have.  Also, there will be flux everywhere.  Not just in your new node, but in every node that had to lend Vis to support the operation.

The only source I of fresh Vis that I know of are the crystal clusters.  Dark nodes are rumored to produce fresh Vis, but I have yet to confirm this.

You seems mistaken by something... YOU want the nodes that silverwood trees spawn because they self clense themselves of flux. The nodes created by Silverwood trees are PURE nodes. There are 4 type of nodes, normal nodes that don't have any special properties. Pure nodes which slowly bleed off their flux over time. Flux/dark nodes which are the ones you find in barrows. And finally unstable nodes which are probably the worse out of all 4 node types.
Posted Image