14311 replies to this topic

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3389 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postraa1337, on 19 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Wouldn't mind a bed that did the opposite of the current. Quite often I want to go hunting out at night- And it's always day time when I do.

Looks like this mod would let you do that.  It hasn't updated yet, but given the news it looks like the author is trying to.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Register or log in to remove.

T_Weezy1990
  • Minecraft: T_Weezy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Anyone have any tips on looking for Barrow dungeons?  I know they sometimes spawn with dark nodes in them, so you could use a thaumometer, but that's not exactly a reliable method, since there are vastly more normal nodes that don't belong to barrow dungeons than there are that do.

Also, where do I get fragments of knowledge?  Dungeon chests?

Posted Image

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3389 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostT_Weezy1990, on 19 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Anyone have any tips on looking for Barrow dungeons?  I know they sometimes spawn with dark nodes in them, so you could use a thaumometer, but that's not exactly a reliable method, since there are vastly more normal nodes that don't belong to barrow dungeons than there are that do.

Look for hills with some cobblestone on one side.  They're fairly close to perfectly round, and generally appear in plains biomes.

Yes.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

haette
    haette

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have no real problem with robes, I always equated his thaumaturge to an artificer and there's nothing wrong with an artificer making/using an enchanted robe. Of course it'd have to have some unique properties that can beat out the practical applications of hard armor in order to be worth wearing, but that's its own issue.

Whether or not that's part of Azanor's idea of the style he wants is up to him of course.

chif_ii
    chif_ii

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Some villagers also have them as trades, but yes, Dungeon chests are probably the way to go.
Mod idea - Enderarmor

wolfie55
    wolfie55

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Still wanting to hear about anyone's wizard testificates. Maybe see a screencap or two. I haven't gotten a single one to spawn yet. :(

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Postwolfie55, on 19 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Still wanting to hear about anyone's wizard testificates. Maybe see a screencap or two. I haven't gotten a single one to spawn yet. Posted Image
I don't have a screen shot, but I did discover that their house has glowstone in it.

chif_ii
    chif_ii

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Still wanting to hear about anyone's wizard testificates. Maybe see a screencap or two. I haven't gotten a single one to spawn yet. Posted Image

http://imageshack.us...1219172553.png/

That do it for you? Also, this guy was spawned in with an egg, so that might help.
Mod idea - Enderarmor

TwoThe
    TwoThe

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostmalfunctionMC, on 19 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

now... where have i seen that idea before.
Isn't that Redpower? No wait, can't be: isn't released yet.
My Mods

New Dawn: a completely new terrain engine for Minecraft!
TwoTility: blocks and items for a better Minecraft.

Nuttyprot
    Nuttyprot

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostAzanor, on 19 December 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

I just thought I'd mention that I'm currently on vacation. There probably won't be any mod updates for the next couple of weeks.

Oh actually good news for me tbh as i am releasing my texture pack for the mod tomoz :).

Posted Image

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostAzanor, on 19 December 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

I just thought I'd mention that I'm currently on vacation. There probably won't be any mod updates for the next couple of weeks.
Ouch, so no 1.4.6 version?

Hiaki
    Hiaki

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

So THAT'S what that was... What you're looking for is a roundish mound of dirt, maybe 4-5 blocks high that has an entrance way sided by cobble stairs with a chiseled stone topper. Iron bars will be closing the opening. Listen for skeletons and zombies; i found a spawner for both in the one I found. Also, mossy cobblestone might be there.

http://imgur.com/a/lSgOI#0 Here's a small album I did after digging one out and trying to fight off the spawns with a glass ceiling. Now I know why I found whisps in there, too...Was wondering about that.

JoachimVampire
  • Minecraft: 1Joachim1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

This is only to show how epic it looks in the process of making "Ruins" in the world...

Posted Image
Posted Image

valliant12
  • Minecraft: valliant12

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I found they spawn in cobble towers that have circle stone. They sell a lot of TC stuff, mostly knowledge fragments. Their towers have a chest with magical loot in them.
"Do not turn this invitation down. It has been said that petting the tummy of a kitten is like frolicking in the back hair of an angle" - theoatmeal.com

moonra
    moonra

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

I didn't see anyone answering your question, Ross, so, no, the Levitators only use Vis [it's not called Vis in TC3, is it?] when they're sustaining something.

RBLXChaoman12
  • Minecraft: Theshinesprites

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

What'd I'd like to see is taint to return, but much more rarely and such. The "new" taint would only appear at Dark Nodes and only come from Dark Nodes who's flux level is at Dangerous. Unlike the old taint, instead of just corrupting the chunk(s) and such it could change only the inside of the Barrow (if inside a barrow) by making "liquid taint" drip from the ceiling. If the barrow is open to the outside in any way though, it would leak out the taint into the area that has the dark node as the main node. Taint and flux could also travel on the sparks of magic that nodes send out to each other.

This is just an idea though, feel free for anyone to change it. I just feel like Dark Nodes have no difference except rarity and the occasional mortuus or evil wisp.

raa1337
    raa1337

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostRBLXChaoman12, on 20 December 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

I just feel like Dark Nodes have no difference except rarity and the occasional mortuus or evil wisp.

With only 26-30% of the mod done, that's not surprising. :P

T_Weezy1990
  • Minecraft: T_Weezy

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostHiaki, on 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

So THAT'S what that was... What you're looking for is a roundish mound of dirt, maybe 4-5 blocks high that has an entrance way sided by cobble stairs with a chiseled stone topper. Iron bars will be closing the opening. Listen for skeletons and zombies; i found a spawner for both in the one I found. Also, mossy cobblestone might be there.

http://imgur.com/a/lSgOI#0 Here's a small album I did after digging one out and trying to fight off the spawns with a glass ceiling. Now I know why I found whisps in there, too...Was wondering about that.

Yeah I've found and conquered several of them so far, just wanted to know if there was a better way of finding them.  Like, better than looking for rounded hills lol.  Oh well, guess not.

Posted Image

VladtheMad

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

I seem to have an issue with my crop gathering golems despawning. I have a brainy straw golem and a perceptive wooden one on a chest in a small wheat farm. It seems that when my server goes down for a save and restart, when I come back they are gone. strangely, another wood golem that i have gathering eggs in a chicken coop is fine. I had placed both these golems on the same chest, if that helps any.

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostT_Weezy1990, on 20 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Yeah I've found and conquered several of them so far, just wanted to know if there was a better way of finding them.  Like, better than looking for rounded hills lol.  Oh well, guess not.

There is an easier way. Rei's Minimap makes them show up quite easily with its overhead view.  Also useful for marking them for later raiding, if you are not in a position to clear em out currently.

View PostVladtheMad, on 20 December 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

I seem to have an issue with my crop gathering golems despawning. I have a brainy straw golem and a perceptive wooden one on a chest in a small wheat farm. It seems that when my server goes down for a save and restart, when I come back they are gone. strangely, another wood golem that i have gathering eggs in a chicken coop is fine. I had placed both these golems on the same chest, if that helps any.

They might not be despawning.  If you have any flux in the aura causing lightning strikes, the lightning strikes prioritize the golems over anything else.  Then they prioritize you, lol.

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image