tubera

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postmaxss, on 13 December 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

CRASH:

http://pastebin.com/pJnZ8eH0

I run a local private server with only me playing on it. I clicked with my first wand onto a table to get a workbench. This crashes with a class-cast exception. See pastebin for details.

I am using Thaumcraft3.0.0i.zip

Looks like your client config and server config are not the same, copy the server config over to your client.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DonnerVarg

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

The Wand of Excavation shows particle effects from the wrong block when it breaks certain blocks. If the block utilizes a damage value to distinguish it from another, the particles from the breaking effect will display as those of the block without a damage value.
That is, breaking with the Wand of Excavation any infused stone or amber will give particles from the Cinnabar Ore texture. The same goes for forestry ores giving particles with the Apatite Ore texture, and it also applies to Thermal Expansion ores, thought NEI isn't showing me that block ID without a damage value.

I'm using the FTB Launcher and the FTB Magic World modpack (v5). I don't not have any other mods applied. Specifically I am NOT using Optifine.

Rossmallo

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to have four alembics on a crucible AND a Tallow Golem?
Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:

Posted Image

Bl4ckHole
  • Minecraft: Bl4ckH0le

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 13 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to have four alembics on a crucible AND a Tallow Golem?
Golems do not take block space, so you just add all the things together and i work just fine.

And one of the thing i would really like to see in TC3 is a bunch of magic sensors for all kind of things
Posted Image

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 13 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Yes indeed you can have at least 2 tallow golems and 4 alembics as that is my current setup, the golems will occasionally have a bit of a dance on top of the alembics but otherwise it works fine.

Rossmallo

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Oh by the way! I'd like to make a suggestion for something. What if we could craft a peice of paper together with a phial of Essentia to get a wall decal of that Essentia symbol? Would be EXTREMELY helpful for sorting things, and would be a nice bit of extra decorative flair.

Posted Image

mewtwoy
    mewtwoy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Minecraft: Chris
  • Xbox:Mewtwoy

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

how do i get gas pods? i used mcedit to copy some but they are overlapping with encantment tables or sorts.... i used creative pick block and it dint worked also.... any help? cuz im making a ghost hose and i need creepy things..

Posted ImageGENERATION 9001: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
If you dont understand my avatar, play cave story

Rossmallo

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postmewtwoy, on 13 December 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

how do i get gas pods? i used mcedit to copy some but they are overlapping with encantment tables or sorts.... i used creative pick block and it dint worked also.... any help? cuz im making a ghost hose and i need creepy things..

Er...Back up a sec. I think you're on the wrong thread, because that sounds like Thaumcraft 2.

Posted Image

MegaManki
  • Minecraft: Slartibartfass

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I have an idea for the next update:

Some kind of way to track your movements so you won't get lost in a cave. Maybe a yarn made of enchanted fabric, a compass and a zombie brain.
Posted Image

The_Arcanian
  • Minecraft: The_Arcanian

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostRossmallo, on 13 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Oh by the way! I'd like to make a suggestion for something. What if we could craft a peice of paper together with a phial of Essentia to get a wall decal of that Essentia symbol? Would be EXTREMELY helpful for sorting things, and would be a nice bit of extra decorative flair.
I like this. Even if just for decorative purposes, or labeling your jars for when your goggles break...

T145
    T145

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 239 posts
  • Minecraft: T145

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostJzburda, on 12 December 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

If nobody answered you (Highly unlikely), you have a ID error that replaced the copper ore with the Blue Pipe Wire.
Ya, only one person bothered to respond. :P No suprising though. Anyway, I actually used the latest verison of Buildcraft and the ores returning blue pipe wires have been fixed, though whenever leaves from Rubber Trees return what are supposed to be sapplings, they are actually are green pipe wires. :/
Posted Image

MrGraphic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostMegaManki, on 13 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I have an idea for the next update:

Some kind of way to track your movements so you won't get lost in a cave. Maybe a yarn made of enchanted fabric, a compass and a zombie brain.
http://www.atomicstr.../magicyarn.html

MegaManki
  • Minecraft: Slartibartfass

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostMrGraphic, on 13 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

That's exactly what I meant but my OCD doesn't allow me to install this, because the magic yarn is magical and thus should be made with magic. It's crazy I know but my mods have to have a symbiosis between them. So Azanor could you please add something similar to this?
Posted Image

Rummbottom
  • Minecraft: Kittehkins

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'm loving the mod so far, but there is one.. Very big problem on my private server. We use Mo' Creatures, and upon installing this mod... All of the creatures from Mo' Creatures stopped spawning naturally! Additionally, only Zombies spawn. No Skeletons, Spiders or anything else. We rely on Mo' Creatures for fur and hide trading, and while the animals can be spawned with spawning eggs we have no way to access them normally. Is this some sort of feature with this mod, and if so is there a way to disable it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rossmallo

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostThe_Arcanian, on 13 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I like this. Even if just for decorative purposes, or labeling your jars for when your goggles break...

Exactly. That's why I want it. I plan on making a big hall full of each jar. But yeah, it can be a bit difficult to tell at a glance what's what without crosshairing over it. I'd prefer to just glance my eyeballs across the place and I.D. them that way o:

Posted Image

haette
    haette

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

What if thorough research allowed you to examine the... less obvious properties of an item? It needs to have something to make it worth using for its own sake.

Like, cobblestone is obviously a pile of rock, but it shouldn't be immediately obvious that it's just as much Fractum as Saxum. The fact that it's got anything in common with gunpowder is a bit of a logical leap, no? Shattered rock -> broken things -> explosive material! Of course!

Maybe you don't know at first that cobblestone even HAS the Fractum element. Researching an item would actually reveal aspects of that specific item to you and make your future gunpowder transmutation that much cheaper.

Fallen Advent
  • Minecraft: Fallen_Advent

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostBl4ckHole, on 13 December 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Golems do not take block space, so you just add all the things together and i work just fine.

And one of the thing i would really like to see in TC3 is a bunch of magic sensors for all kind of things

I second this, I have 2 nodes near my house and it would be really nice having a sensor to tell me when a wisp spawns in near the node (Its in a cave so the wisps tend to get trapped in the closed space)

View PostRossmallo, on 13 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Love this idea, I have gotten into the habit of I.D.'ing the different Aspects by their picture more than their name, And I actually have a room with Jars all under signs signifing what they are. The images would allow for a "at-a-glance" type of system to ID what is what.

Posted Image

Posted Image

malfunctionMC
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postffaway, on 13 December 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Photo album to go with the rest of this: http://imgur.com/a/NtUFA

So, I'm trying to automate the infernal furnace, and running into a bit of trouble. I have the canned brain and the wood golem working as intended, but can't seem to get an automated feed going into it. Initially, I tried just running the pipe into it, and it seemed that only about 50% of the items made it in before the golem picked them up. So I surrounded the pipe in stone... which somehow managed to make it worse. 70% of the items fell out, getting stuck inside of the blocks surrounding the pipe, and the other 30% just disappeared.

Is there another way to do this? I tried using a stone golem, but they don't see infernal furnaces as targets to drop items off in.

use the system your currently using to feed... but use a hungry chest to catch the items (you can then use the stone golems to deliver items from that chest to others)

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image

Builderb0y
  • Minecraft: Builderb0y

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

My thaumanomicon says there are 4 different kinds of aura nodes. They all look the same through my goggles of revealing. Are they supposed to look different? If not, how do I distinguish them? Oh, before I forget, GREAT WORK!!!

Posted Image

SinNombre

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postlegion1232, on 02 December 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

i seem to have caused a great ammount of harm to my node i pushed it down to about 150vis out of 753 and its around 400vis now and reading extremely high flux and the flux is yet to drop back down to high and the wisps are every where. how long will it take for it to sort its self out? i was playing around with newly made gravity altering blocks and about 150 floating cows.

also i found when wisps spawn for me the make a big white box where they appear also its the same when i manage to kill one am i missing a texture or is that an incomplete part of the mod?

i have the same issue when kill the wisps appear a big white square

Spoiler:

in other case i kill the wisps and work fine (dont appear that white square)

the other case is when the node spawn a wisps appear that white squiare

Normal node spawn wisp

Spoiler:

and white node square

Spoiler:

i dont have problem with the rest of the graphic effect only with that two things

and the log appear some (error info)

2012-12-13 17:02:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] ########## GL ERROR ##########
2012-12-13 17:02:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] @ Post render
2012-12-13 17:02:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] 1281: Invalid value