Peytonp8
    Peytonp8

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Minecraft: Peytonp8

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hello,

My name is Peyton, and I hate the Squidward villagers.  There used to be a made, creatively named the Human Villagers mod, that made them look like the player.  However, this mod's last forums update was in 1.1 (last I checked).  So, I've been doing some basic modding to keep my villagers looking human.  Tonight, for some reason, I was hit with a bolt of inspiration, and fixed a problem in my code to make the mod user friendly. So, here it is.

Description:

This mod is fairly simple.  It changes the default villager model to the model used by the Player.  It is purely aesthetic.  It does not make them any less stupid.

Changing the Skins:

Say, you don't like one of the skins I chose.  Well, it's really easy to change that.  Because the models are now based on the model for the Player, any skin for a Player will work.  You can either make your own using a skin template, or search on of the many online skin databases.  When you find a skin you want, simply change the name of the picture to the name of the class you want to replace (villager, smith, butcher, librarian, farmer, priest, witch).  Then, open your Minecraft bin, and put your renamed skin into the "Pvillagers" folder.  This is covered in the tutorial video.

Installation:

1. Drag and drop mod files into Minecraft bin.
2. Enjoy your new villagers.

Change Log

- 1.4.6 No longer requires Modloader
- 1.5.2 Created Forge-Compatible Version

Download Link:

Regular Mod:
http://www.mediafire...oqan8s88p9lpaqu

Forge-Compatible Mod:
http://www.mediafire...u3j6s878a4maivy

Tutorial Video:

That's it guys.  Thanks for looking at my mod.  Leave me any comments on errors or glitches, and I will try and work on them.  Hope you enjoy.

Register or log in to remove.

KuroNeko87
  • Minecraft: KuroNeko87

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Nice!
Posted Image

Peteskar

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

My villagers still look like squidward, and yet I have the mod installed and working with Modloader.

What am I doing wrong? :c

Merci.

AzelfandQuilava
  • Minecraft: AzelfandQuilava

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Decent I'm going to make the green villager me :D
Posted Image

Wendigo101

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Why not just use a texture pack that reskins the villagers?  Easier, no?

Peytonp8
    Peytonp8

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostPeteskar, on 04 December 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

My villagers still look like squidward, and yet I have the mod installed and working with Modloader.

What am I doing wrong? :c

Merci.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you; finals week was this week, and I have been busy.  
I don't really know how to help, because I changed the base code from Minecraft,  The default files should be replaced by the modded ones, and they should look like humans.  I'm afraid that without more information (like a crash report), I can't really help you.  Because, if the mod was properly installed, the Testificate model shouldn't even exist in game any more.

View PostWendigo101, on 07 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Why not just use a texture pack that reskins the villagers?  Easier, no?

Not really.  See, the way a mob looks is defined by its model file.  Villagers aren't just reskinned players (called bipeds in the code), they are an entirely different model.  Just changing the texture to a human texture, but not changing the model, would result in a obviously glitched appearance.
However, if you are referring to changing the villager model file and then changing the texture pack, well, that was my original set up.  But that would mean that you'd have to personally change your texture pack every time Minecraft has a large update.  So, for the casual gamer, it is just easier to include the modified textures with the mod, instead of having them mod Minecraft and alter their texture pack.

Pixelpain

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Make it compatible with forge.
Posted Image

Peytonp8
    Peytonp8

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostPixelpain, on 10 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Make it compatible with forge.

It doesn't need a dependency.  Or, it shouldn't moreover.  I think it only requires Modloader because MCP had decompiled a bin with Modloader.  I will use a fresh bin when I update it for 1.4.6, so it should be a stand-alone mod.

Pixelpain

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostPeytonp8, on 10 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

It doesn't need a dependency.  Or, it shouldn't moreover.  I think it only requires Modloader because MCP had decompiled a bin with Modloader.  I will use a fresh bin when I update it for 1.4.6, so it should be a stand-alone mod.
Well thanks anyways. I like this mod.
Posted Image

Alexemov
    Alexemov

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Very nice! I don't like vanilla villagers.
But bbu.class and qu.class uses by Forge.
May be possible to make Forge compatible version?
It would be very good! And I will use it. And not I only. :)
I love Minecraft with many mods!
Posted Image

deadeyes95
  • Minecraft: MattMdlp

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

awesome mode dude keep going you helpt me a lot
Posted Image

chomz147
    chomz147

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Does this also replace the Witch??

ThatLink
    ThatLink

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have and installed the mod and everything, and the villagers have the same shape as the player, but they are all white.Posted Image I have added the new villager folder. Do you know how to fix this? thanks

Peytonp8
    Peytonp8

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postchomz147, on 30 December 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Does this also replace the Witch??

Yes.  The witch model is based on the villager model.  It would have been a real pain to change the villager model without changing the witch model.

View PostThatLink, on 30 December 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I have and installed the mod and everything, and the villagers have the same shape as the player, but they are all white.Posted Image I have added the new villager folder. Do you know how to fix this? thanks

Unfortunately, I do not.
Fortunately, I was able to replicate the problem on my computer.  It is caused by an erroneous installation of the "PVillagers" folder included in the mod download.
Here are three things I did to recreate the error:
1. The PVillagers folder was not put in the Minecraft bin.  If the folder is not there, then the villagers will be white.
2. The PVillagers folder was put into the wrong part of the Minecraft bin.  The PVillagers folder does not need to go anywhere special, just drag and drop it into the bin.  Avoid placing it in any folders.
3. The PVillagers folder is empty.  The PVillagers folder contains the skins for the new villagers.  If the skins have somehow been removed from the folder, the villagers will be white.

Try this:
Ensure that the PVillagers folder is placed in the Minecraft bin.  It should be on the first page.  You should be able to see the PVillagers folder when you open up the Minecraft bin.  Then check to make sure that the following files are in PVillagers folder: "butcher.png", "farmer.png", "librarian.png", "priest.png", "smith.png", "villager.png", and "witch.png".  If one is missing, than you can find/make a skin to replace it.  You do not need to type ".png" when you rename the downloaded file if it is already a .png file.

Hope it helps.

ThatLink
    ThatLink

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostPeytonp8, on 30 December 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I do not.
Fortunately, I was able to replicate the problem on my computer.  It is caused by an erroneous installation of the "PVillagers" folder included in the mod download.
Here are three things I did to recreate the error:
1. The PVillagers folder was not put in the Minecraft bin.  If the folder is not there, then the villagers will be white.
2. The PVillagers folder was put into the wrong part of the Minecraft bin.  The PVillagers folder does not need to go anywhere special, just drag and drop it into the bin.  Avoid placing it in any folders.
3. The PVillagers folder is empty.  The PVillagers folder contains the skins for the new villagers.  If the skins have somehow been removed from the folder, the villagers will be white.

Try this:
Ensure that the PVillagers folder is placed in the Minecraft bin.  It should be on the first page.  You should be able to see the PVillagers folder when you open up the Minecraft bin.  Then check to make sure that the following files are in PVillagers folder: "butcher.png", "farmer.png", "librarian.png", "priest.png", "smith.png", "villager.png", and "witch.png".  If one is missing, than you can find/make a skin to replace it.  You do not need to type ".png" when you rename the downloaded file if it is already a .png file.

Hope it helps.

Ok. Thanks a lot!

oOGeneral_RyanOo
  • Minecraft: oOGeneral_RyanOo
  • Xbox:General Ryan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

is it safe?
Posted ImageGimme an internet, plz?

Robadoba
    Robadoba

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Can you make it so that it changes the zombie villager? It would be cool to have a variant of zombie villagers though, like butcher zombie villager or priest zombie villager. Just a thought, great mod though

wolfboyftF

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Cool nice mod BUT i will definitely have to change the textures. The textures are retarded!

Spartan129
  • Minecraft: Spartan129
  • Xbox:Zuppersoldier129

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
        This works so well when I rename the villager eggs in Creative with an anvil. They look so much Like Humans!
Noobz gonna B NoobE

DanielKJB

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Does it works for 1.5.1, if not could you update it?
I got black screen wen I try to open my minecraft, is it because mine is not 1.5 but 1.5.1?

Thanks.