• Minecraft: Qatall

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

A Stargate-based Minecraft Tech Mod

by LordFokas

Official Website: http://mod-stargatetech.com

But what is StargateTech exactly about?
StargateTech is all about adding cool pieces of technology from the Stargate franchise into the game, solving problems in the process. Mobs, ships and everything Goa'uld / Jaffa / Wraith will be generally avoided, with few exceptions.

Where do I download it? Is there a wiki? How can I learn to use the mod?
Everything you need is in the official website (link above).It has all the solid info, and I update it regularly.Feel free to use this thread to discuss the mod, or simply keep tuned to see previews of features being worked on.

Can I be a Beta tester?
Yes, you can, whenever Beta comes, right now we're in Alpha.I'm guessing you now want to know if you can be an Alpha tester?Sure, everyone can. There's no special ones here, everything I do is released for everyone at the same time. Alpha builds are made into public releases and anyone can use them, just don't blame anyone else if you use it on a save you like and it gets corrupted.

What about modpacks?
Anyone willing to use the mod in a private modpack is free to do so, you're just not free to redistribute or make money off it without advanced written permission from me. You can however distribute the mod to a group of players if, and only if, you manage a private server all those players play on, and they're as many or less than 15. You'd better read the full license, just in case. Here: StargateTech 2 License @ GitHub

But dude... no pics, no clicks!
Alright, brace yourselves...We've got fancy colored blocks, merely decorative:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWe have shiny ores that glow in the dark:Posted ImageWe have all this stuff:Posted ImageAnd awesome GUIs (the players said it, not me):Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd configurable shields, that allow entities through as you like (blue blocks):Posted ImageAnd Personal Shields that save you from ALL most harm:Posted ImageAnd much, much more!!

But wait, if you're not convinced yet, watch this:

If at this point you haven't felt like trying the mod yourself, you probably weren't meant to. Thanks for your time.

ZPMs for everyone! \o/
Posted Image

Do you like Stargate? What about a Stargate Tech Mod for Minecraft?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Orkchops
    Orkchops

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

" The following modpacks will never EVER be allowed to use StargateTech, be it in this universe or in any other parallel reality:
- Technic Pack
- Tekkit "

What about Feed The Beast?
Been around minecraft since before survival mode even existed, I remember the day survival test first came out. Damn, minecraft has certainly changed.

LordFokas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Unlike those two, FTB is perfectly legal, has no moral issues, and is run by adults with principles. I'm perfectly fine with it as long as slowpoke or any other FTB team member asks first.

Posted Image

SOTMead
    SOTMead

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1666 posts
  • Minecraft: sotmead

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Looks good! Was always a Stargate fan, looking forward to this

LordFokas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

You can always test the alpha versions and give some feedback, although there's not much to see yet...
It's the kind of thing that helps me making a better mod.

Posted Image

izetiger
    izetiger

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I like it...
special that part with tekkit and Technic pack hehe.. i do not like this two anyway... to much integrated and no sort of mods at all... its like a box with everything... Like to see your mod growing.. good luck :)

LordFokas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Well, thank you :)

I just added the following to the topic:
- Screenshot section
- A feature I forgot to add last night (Lantean Computers)
- Information on the shield blocks
- Known bugs / issues section.

I am, as of this moment, starting work on the Stargates. Expect round stuff in minecraft soon :P

Posted Image

elopuppet

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

this mod seems cool i did not understand how to use the electricity part but that is most likely my fault. but otherwise great idea and i will stay tuned for future updates

Edit: like i said i put in the wrong thing into the generators

TehBaconBits
  • Minecraft: Redfighterz

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I would love to see the alpha version of this mod. Keep up the good work :D

LordFokas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

@elopuppet Naquadah Generators only run on Naquadah, obviously, currently only on ingot form. Future generators (the current one is the Orbanian version) may accept other forms of naquadah.

@TehBaconBits you are seeing the alpha version. Up there on the downloads. :)

Stargates are being harder than I expected... next release may take some time...

Posted Image

Minnymin3
    Minnymin3

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 94 posts
  • Minecraft: minnymin3

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Nice work! Looks really cool but only one question. You said the items can be looted from abandoned bases. Do you have a screenshot of one or any tips to finding one?
And also you should really consider hooking into thaumcraft 3 (if its possible) and adding aspects to the shards :D

LordFokas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well, bases don't spawn yet, therefore no screenshots or tips.
I want to have at least stargates and bigger shields (domes) done before I spawn them, so they spawn with a dome shield and stargates.
Not all bases will have stargates though.

They're not going to be simple structures where you just go in and loot it. You need to bypass the base's security systems, like shields. If the shield doesn't let you in, you'll have to get your way around. So I want them to have a range of difficulties, where the most difficult bases also have better loot. Some of them you can just run in, others you'll have to fly a jumper over and enter from above, while other bases you may have to dial a stargate to get in.

Only after I have them spawning (and tweak the spawns a lot) it will be possible to tell you how and where to find one.

Hooking into thaumcraft and giving stuff aspects is a good idea... So I could give Naquadah and Naquadria 'Potentia' and 'Machina' (is that how they're called? I haven't played with TC3 yet)

Posted Image

Minnymin3
    Minnymin3

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 94 posts
  • Minecraft: minnymin3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostLordFokas, on 02 December 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Well, bases don't spawn yet, therefore no screenshots or tips.
I want to have at least stargates and bigger shields (domes) done before I spawn them, so they spawn with a dome shield and stargates.
Not all bases will have stargates though.

They're not going to be simple structures where you just go in and loot it. You need to bypass the base's security systems, like shields. If the shield doesn't let you in, you'll have to get your way around. So I want them to have a range of difficulties, where the most difficult bases also have better loot. Some of them you can just run in, others you'll have to fly a jumper over and enter from above, while other bases you may have to dial a stargate to get in.

Only after I have them spawning (and tweak the spawns a lot) it will be possible to tell you how and where to find one.

Hooking into thaumcraft and giving stuff aspects is a good idea... So I could give Naquadah and Naquadria 'Potentia' and 'Machina' (is that how they're called? I haven't played with TC3 yet)
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to play it Posted Image

Aidantheawsom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Install?
Posted Image
GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment. I like pie

Aidantheawsom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.
Time: 03/12/12 5:26 PM
Description: Failed to start game
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ModTextureAnimation.a(ModTextureAnimation.java:117)
at com.pclewis.mcpatcher.mod.TextureUtils.registerTextureFX(TextureUtils.java:186)
at bap.a(RenderEngine.java:470)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.TextureFXManager.registerTextureOverrides(TextureFXManager.java:233)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.TextureFXManager.loadTextures(TextureFXManager.java:227)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onInitializationComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:237)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:499)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 458431592 bytes (437 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms512M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.396 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
StargateTech [Stargate Tech] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2622, Intel
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Posted Image
GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment. I like pie

MineHippie
  • Minecraft: MineHippie

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Wait.

A Stargate mod that actually has something started? Not just huge ideas that never make it to game?

Color me impressed.
If you think something's impossible.
You haven't tried hard enough.

LordFokas

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

@Minnymin3,  @MineHippie, there's still a long way to go, the alpha releases are just so that people can see what I've done so far, and to get some feedback on features... I wanted to make the stargates, but models, entities and rendering are being a pain in my rear end... this is just my first mod though.

@Aidan, on the config file set enableAnimations to 0. If the problem persists, it's not even being caused by my mod, Either way, you're using MCPatcher so It's not my fault that your client doesn't behave properly. If that happens on a client without mcpatcher, then I'll gladly look into it and fix the issue.

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback :)

Posted Image

Aidantheawsom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

That's all good man, but how do I INSTALL it? The mod I mean.
Posted Image

LordFokas

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Like any other forge mod. You drop the jar in forge's 'mods' folder

Posted Image

GamingNerddotCom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Do want! Looking forward to this one and hoping you fully pursue it!!