Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Best PvP Texture Pack?

pvp texture pack best

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TheRaiderBox7

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

I am looking for a pvp texture pack to use, preferably with a better edge to a high FPS.

If you have an idea for a texture pack, leave a comment with the name of the texture pack! I will try them all!

-RaiderBox
"Life's a gun game, but I'm running knife only!"
-Famous Quote Only 60k people will understand.

Register or log in to remove.

denyah
    denyah

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Personally, Sphax is absolutely amazing in all situations and gamemodes. On their website they have many different resolutions, and for different versions as well. My opinion may be biased because I love sphax so much, but it is my fav. Thank you for your time.

--ThatWizardGuy
In case I forget, Thank you for your time.
---ThatWizardGuy

Sambaru
    Sambaru

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

View Postdenyah, on 01 December 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Personally, Sphax is absolutely amazing in all situations and gamemodes. On their website they have many different resolutions, and for different versions as well. My opinion may be biased because I love sphax so much, but it is my fav. Thank you for your time.

--ThatWizardGuy
Yes, I love that texture pack.
Posted Image

shotgun_surgeon

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Oh yes sphax is the bomb diggity :D

Minecraftpvper2k12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi guys
I know you are gonna kill me for this but Sphax is probably one of the worst texture packs for pvping
I have tried it out on one of the best pvp servers in the word LOLPVP (ip: mc.lolpvp.com)
This server has armour like Protection 6 ae (ae= all enchants) and sharp x fire x axes ( these two combos (6 ae and baxe as they're called) for pvping) and I have tried Sphax and its rubbish this is the best texture pack ever created for pvp it has smaller fore so you can see and novae a
Face full of fire lol and the textures for the swords are absolutely amazing!

Download link: http://www.mediafire...lbwnti0dqczbxvb

Enjoy! And try the server out its great! Ip again: mc.lolpvp.com

Exkakx
    Exkakx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I don't really think Sphax is great for PVP... Something simple could be good, like Simplecraft.

pick_maker

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think the Wayukain pack is great! it hs awesome armour and sword textures
Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/frahmco

Minecraftpvper2k12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

View Postpick_maker, on 18 December 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I think the Wayukain pack is great! it hs awesome armour and sword textures
Hmm i think il try it out

MMWong
    MMWong

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: MMWong

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I really like the simple texture pack like oCd. ^_^

If you thought my comment was good/useful, a vote of reputation would be very much appreciated!

dogeatdogworld

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I like good morning minecraft, its good for anything, pvp or not!
Posted Image

ddsnowboard
  • Minecraft: ddsnowboard

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Sphax looks nice, but I don't like the sand, lapis block, wool, or sandstone textures. Or grass. Or stone bricks as much as some others. Or snow.

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Just use the default texture pack and change the on-fire animation so you can still see while burning. Honestly, everything else is fine, and the Default pack has each armor and tool color-coded so they're much easier to identify from long range then jeweled things for diamond and stuff like that.

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

I'm still looking for a good texture pack that I would use specially for PvPing, something to put me in just the right mood for my usual shenanigans! I tried the Silent Hill one and VonDoomCraft, didn't really care for either of those... there was this one adventure map that had a texture pack with an interesting style but that's long gone, never updated and eventually Mediafire ate it. So far I haven't bothered to do one myself, maybe I should though! I'm not much of an artist but I think I could manage something halfway decent with a 16x16 pixel block!
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Abreviyat
  • Minecraft: Shadieus

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Last Days.

Its depressing as hell but its very dark and cool. Just be prepared so see A LOT of the color gray.
Posted Image

JoshFFuller
  • Location: You will know when you learn to intigrate from 0 to imaginary.
  • Minecraft: JoshFFuller

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

disco's OCD pack, google it, fastest FPS I've found and it has a lot of vanilla feel for tools and items, so you can ID them far away, also noticed players can't blend into the background very easily with ocd :)

Posted Image

Please quote my post to ensure a reply, I will be alerted by email. Click my banner to see my project.

MMWong
    MMWong

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: MMWong

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View Postdogeatdogworld, on 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I like good morning minecraft, its good for anything, pvp or not!
Yup, that is very true! ^_^

If you thought my comment was good/useful, a vote of reputation would be very much appreciated!

SoulSubpoena
  • Minecraft: JDKnopp94

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

It may not be the best thing for PvP, I haven't PvPed since trying it out, but I absolutely love Sphax now, lol. I think I'll be using it from now on. I did use Dokucraft Light, and it was pretty decent for everything, PvP included. :)
Reap our malediction, alien.

Exkakx
    Exkakx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Texture packs don't increase FPS by much unless they're a lower resolution, like 8x8.

BlackIite
  • Minecraft: BlackIite

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Default & Faithful pack ftw ;)
Posted Image

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I just gave Isabella II a try and I'm really liking it so far! Okay so it's not exactly my style to the 100th % but that's a lot to ask for if you think about it! It's still really good and he nailed (hehe, nailed) the color scheme, and since it's default resolution it's not hard on FPS at all!
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."