1474 replies to this topic

Romnas
    Romnas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Minecraft: Romnas

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

The server is open! Check the tab below for additions to rules, lore, ect.

Server Updates:
Spoiler:

World Events:
Spoiler:
Punishment:
Spoiler:

Server Website:

Introduction:
The world of our prehistoric ancestors was a vastly different place from our own. When an incredibly small portion of the world's population could read or write and a minority of the population ever had the opportunity to see past their birth towns. People weren't sure where they came from or why they lived the way they did but they just did. Although humanity had inhabited the earth already for 100,000 years (at least) and life for the naked apes had become so much easier since the founding of agriculture and towns knowledge was still very much constricted unlike today. Around this time the earliest of governing systems and philosophies were conceived. The majority of human life was fixed around major rivers and coastal areas, states are formed and language is developed. Cities pop up from what were previously villages, territorial struggles commence and monuments are built. From this comes the rise and fall of nations.

The 12 Olympians

Thus the twelve great gods and goddesses, the Olympians, became supreme. They were called the Olympians because Olympus was their home. What Olympus was, however, is not easy to say. There is no doubt that at first it was held to be a mountain top, Greece's highest mountain, Mt. Olympus in Thessaly, in the northeast of Greece. But some ancient Greeks thought of Mt. Olympus as more than a real mountain. They imagined it as some mysterious region far above all the mountains of the earth. Wherever it was, the entrance to it was a great gate of clouds kept by the Seasons. Within were the gods' dwellings, where they lived and slept and feasted on ambrosia and nectar and listened to Apollo's lyre. It was an abode of perfect blessedness. No wind, Homer says, ever-shakes the troubled peace of Olympus; no rain ever falls there or snow; but the cloudless firmament stretches around it on all sides and the white glory of Sunshine is diffused upon its walls. As with any typical family, there were some disagreements. Often Zeus had to throw a thunderbolt to break up family arguments.

These "Twelve Olympians" made up the divine family, but they had a deadly enemy ready to play again.

Storms raged in the sky as the Heavens were torn asunder by Zeus' mighty lightning bolt. Monstrous tidal waves tore through the land, summoned by Poseidon. Armies of the undead and a sickly black flame, controlled by Hades slowly crept over the world. The God's were at war, not with each other, but with the Titan's, once again. The Titans seemed ready this time to destroy their children and rule the cosmos again. Gaia had unleashed them from the pits of Tartarus with the help of her new children. The Gods seemed all to ready for this nightmare to happen. They called upon mighty heroes and demigods to help them in this fight for the fate of mankind laid with their victory or defeat.

Terrible battles ensued between the Immortals, neither side gaining or losing an inch, they were deadlocked. Ares would charge forward, only to be thrown back by a thundering wave brought forth by Oceanus. Zeus would hurl his lightning bolt into the hordes of Titans, only to be pushed back by the sickle of Uranus wielded by Cronus. Demeter seemed upset by the course of the war and the toll it was taking on nature. She didn’t wish for this war, but it was to come whether she wanted it or not. She knew humanity would suffer, but she would do her best to protect them. The humans fought just as hard against some of Gaia’s new children. The green brutes were made to fight the humans with the strength and stamina of a few humans. The two sides lost so many and yet neither one wanted to give ground. Choices had to be made. Who will you help to win the fight? The Titans or the Gods?  Only the fates know.

Role-Play:
Spoiler:

Mythology:
Spoiler:

Lore
Spoiler:
Skins:
Spoiler:

Names:
Spoiler:

Civilizations:
Spoiler:
Favor:
Spoiler:
Maps:
Spoiler:

Secrets on the map
Spoiler:

Server Promotional Videos:
Spoiler:

Creating a Nation & Registered Nations:
Spoiler:

Warps:
Spoiler:

Server Applications:
Spoiler:

Rules for the Server:
Spoiler:

Staff:
Spoiler:

Staff Rules
Spoiler:

Gods and their Counterparts around the world
Spoiler:

Server IP (White-list): Server IP: 209.105.236.249:25565 (200 slots)

It is up to you to help bring glory to your civilization! Help expand the cities, build amazing structures! Roleplay the experience! Fear the Gods and worship them and gain rewards!

Register or log in to remove.

Bamman
    Bamman

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Minecraft: Bamman

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Sweet! Like the new post already!
WHITEFANG INDUSTRIES

matskramer99

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

i can see our nations borders on map but we aren't on the list and on the map there doen't stand mongolia and karakorum

Romnas
    Romnas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

View Postmatskramer99, on 30 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

i can see our nations borders on map but we aren't on the list and on the map there doen't stand mongolia and karakorum

I shall attempt to fix it :)

Landor
    Landor

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Also The Blessed Isles (the gaelics) don't have our borders either.

Romnas
    Romnas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostLandor, on 30 November 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Also The Blessed Isles (the gaelics) don't have our borders either.

I shall attempt to fix this as well.

Romnas
    Romnas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I tried to post the new map I made and it says i have to make a post... -.-........ I will keep trying

morrowr2

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sweet, I like the listed Nations!

HowlsAtMoon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

What is you In-game name?: HowlsatWind

What is your role-play name?: Pernus

How old are you?: 32

What timezone do you live in?: GMT

Do you have a microphone?: No

Do you have an appropriately themed skin?: Toga, Human male

What do you know about classical antiquity?: Gods, Mythology. Strange Deities, Strange monsters.

Do you already have a nation you'll be joining?: Not currently but as for a background story instead.

Background story -
Pernus is a Short man standing just over 5' 6", He has a slim but toned body. He was born to a lower class family in the ancient Greek city of Abydos.

His parents were killed when Xerxes invaded the area to build his pontoon bridges to the mainland.

From the age of six he fought tooth and nail to stay one step ahead of the authority's  Theft was an every day occurrence.  At the age of 15 he scored big. He discovered an old cave that contained a chest. Inside was a Diamond the size of his fist.

He used this giant diamond too fund a new career for himself. He became a master trader selling and buying across the lands.

His last trade journey was to Sparta. While returning his ship was lost at sea. A cruel act from the gods for his debauchery maybe. He has been left with the cloths on his back and a golden filigree headdress.

Now 23 Years old he plans to reforge himself into a true trade master.

TRCroatia
  • Minecraft: TRCroatia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

That's nice . Posted Image

However , disabling of OOC or global chat and /me really shocked me, now I have nobody to talk to while in Niger . meh, really . I vote for the return of global for mortals .
PIPL MAST TRAST AS !    -Ingrid Antičević Marinović

HowlsAtMoon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I just hope i get whitelisted lol been waiting most the day

Mateus
    Mateus

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Minecraft: Arisilde

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

You have the Indian ruins in slightly the wrong spot. It's actually in that next cluster of rivers to the west :P
My Minecraft Portfolio: http://smg.photobuck...raft Portfolio/

matskramer99

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

well i dont need a new map because we do appear there. the nly thing thats wrong is that we dont stand in the nation list: we are the mongolians.    and our borders are still red and city still blue. our capital is called Karakorum and we live near north of the himalaya's

thank you for willing to help us
greetings from the mongolians

What is you In-game name?:  J_force1999
What is your role-play name?: Mangyan Wenjin
How old are you?: 13
What timezone do you live in?: GTM+1
Do you have a microphone?: no
Do you have an appropriately themed skin?: yes
What do you know about classical antiquity?: its a period of history when the romans and the greecs lived
Do you already have a nation you'll be joining?: the Mongolians

Theoangel98

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Very good! New forums! But this is just a reminder! Come live in our beautiful Thessalonika!!!
We are allies with sparta! We will crush our enemies!
Posted Image

HowlsAtMoon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Is anyone on whitelisting please?

DarkForce2000

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I like the new rules.
Also talking about big empty cities.
Morocco is looking for members to populate it.

Posted Image

DarkForce2000

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've started a small village in North Japan. I'm looking for players to move here. And for more players to generally move to this area of the world. At the moment it is focused alot in Europe.

I was hoping a new culture like place can be started over here.
There is a town in China however that is quite empty.

Posted Image

Floris_Knight

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

What is you In-game name?:
What is your role-play name?: Floris_Knight
How old are you?:16
What timezone do you live in?: GTM +1
Do you have a microphone?:yes
Do you have an appropriately themed skin?:yes
What do you know about classical antiquity?: its the time of the romans and greeks
Do you already have a nation you'll be joining?:no

adrian910

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

The list of established nations is a very good addition, I just hope that the world map is kept up to date as new nations are established and borders change.

Romnas
    Romnas

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

All whitelists will be dealt with shortly. I am currently not available to add you to the whitelist.

I am going to add another section soon for people's advertisements to join their nations.