br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts
  • Minecraft: Brian_Entei
  • Xbox:br45entei

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I recently decided to try out hosting a server for the Minecraft Community. I have researched all the common problems involved with hosting a server with a Local Area Connection(Modem + Router), and have done Port-Forwarding. All I need now is to have someone test my server(and maybe keep playing with others) to see if it is connected to the internet correctly. I don't know if I'm allowed to share the external ip address on this website, but if you are interested to help me, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], and I'll provide you with my external ip address. The server's port is the default port(25565). Thank you for your time.
-Brian_Entei

Register or log in to remove.

romo22
    romo22

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Minecraft: Romo22

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

You are allowed to disclose the external IP on this website. As well as that, I would like to test your server :)

Everyone seems to have one of these nowadays.

Posted Image

LordxZero
  • Location: My Fortress Castle Protected by 100 Creepers an 10 ghast
  • Minecraft: LordxZero
  • Xbox:L0RDxZ3RO

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

i would like to test it too but i don't know if i can but i might as well try :)

“Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody else will, and just because you can't see something, doesn't mean nobody else can.”
― Terry Masters

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Ok, cool, then here is my external ip address: 98.83.243.40 (25565). Thanks for offering help, and let me know if it works, I'll be standing by my computer watching the player list! Thank you for helping.
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Well, I can see someone's ip address trying to connect, but it says "Disconnecting <omitted>, Took too long to log in", so does that mean that it is at least port-forwarded right, or what? I hope you guys can connect...
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of error? I know I seem to be bugging now, but I'm excited to see that at least 2 people tried, and that it showed up on the server window. Do you think that maybe I should re-start the server?
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hey guys, good news! I think I fixed it, I had a bad setting in the network settings, can someone try it now?
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Awesome, someone called Nate was able to connect. Thank you guys for helping me with this. Am I allowed to leave this page up for advertisement?
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I am waiting to be able to make a new page for this server. A moderator or someone can close this thread now, if you guys do that. I will post the link to the topic when I'm able to make it.
-Brian_Entei

br45entei
    br45entei

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View Postromo22, on 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

You are allowed to disclose the external IP on this website. As well as that, I would like to test your server Posted Image

Thanks, I just got your message from the server window! That is really cool, for me. Thanks again.

P.S. What's funny is, it seems whenever I am either asleep or away on chores/life/stuff is when you guys are on the server(and I noticed that you guys are only on for about 45 seconds to 1 minute). Whenever I get to check it, everyone's long gone. It is still really, really cool that I got it working, though. I'm thinking about how I can spruce the server up some, get it fun, ya'know? Suggestions are much appreciated. I'd like a community survival server, but any ideas are welcome.
-Brian_Entei