Latest News Article

[SandBlox] -Bukkit Vanilla, Adult & Mature People Only-

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

SlagBlox

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Welcome To SandBlox!

A Short Introduction To The Server.

SandBlox is a dedicated adult-oriented server searching for more players to add to its community. Our server is bukkit based, allowing us to put in various plugins to make your Minecraft experience the best. We are not looking to overload the game with plugins and mods that totally overlook the entire purpose and creation of the game, but simply to help the community as a whole and moderate the server from those who would seek to do it harm. We completely support LP’ers and gladly accept anyone who is looking for a decent server to run their Lets Play and either not be bothered while recording/live streaming or have some fun with other Minecrafters. We will be able to host Adventure Maps for anyone who would like to play them, whether you simply can’t yourself or wish to do so with friends. We are also open to any ideas and events that the entire community can participate in as a whole. Whether you are a veteran Minecrafter or just starting out, this server will gladly take any mature characters.

Rules:

No griefing

No stealing

No PVP without reason

Negotiated PVP is fine. Random, unprovoked PVP is not.

Pranking is allowed (using fire/lava/tnt is NOT allowed)

We treat each other with mutual respect

No hacks/mods/cheat texture-packs eg. x-ray

Build a reasonable way away from another player (unless negotiated with said player)

Arguments to be settled with mature language. Besides that, I don't mind what language you use as long as its not distasteful.

When killing another player, you need to pick up their items and either return them, or put them in a chest safely for them to get them back. (unless negotiated)

Please Fill In This Application To Apply!

[Please Note - This does not mean you are guaranteed a spot on the server, a Skype conversation will follow if you are accepted]

• In-game name?
  • Do you have Skype?
  • Age?
  • Country?
  • What do you like most about Minecraft?
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?
  • What are you good at?
  • What kind of builds do you make?
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
  • How often will you be Online?
  • How do you deal with social conflict?
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)?
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?
  • Tell me about yourself?

Here Are Some Screen Shots Of The Server [Subject To Change]

Server Spawn & Some Player Houses

Posted Image

Hall Of Players And Teleports To Their Bases

Posted Image

Good Luck To Everyone & We Hope To See You Soon!

Register or log in to remove.

KiyoMichan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

As a member of this server, I hope to see you join us for a good time! :3

Leae
    Leae

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

In-game name?
​Leaellyna
Do you have Skype?
Right now, I don't, but I might be able to get it should it become necessary.
Age?
Country?
Belgium (but don't worry, I speak and understand English pretty well).
What do you like most about Minecraft?
The fact that I can do whatever I feel like: if I want to mine, I can do so for hours, if I feel creative, I can build, and if I feel adventurous, I can go hunt some monsters. I am fascinated by redstone creations, although I'm not that good at making them.
Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?
I'm currently active on one server: icrafted.nl. I like going there, but it is in Dutch, and rather small. It has a great community, but I would also like to meet Minecrafters who are a bit more different? I don't really think I'm explaining myself very well right now, but I love learning about different cultures, and Minecraft creates a great environment to do that. Also, the server I'm on right now is pvp, and while I don't really mind that, it would be nice not having to worry about being killed and losing your stuff when a player asks to meet with you.
What are you good at?
If the mood strikes me, I can mine for hours Posted Image I like building to: I may not be able to make huge castles and such just yet, but I like coming up with funny and original ideas for builds (Like "The Missing Chunk Hotel, Coming soon to a World-Gen Error near you!) I also enjoy building underground complexes. I know basic redstone and mobtrap-systems.
What kind of builds do you make?
I partially answered that question above: I like to focus on creativity, and not so much on quantity. I like to make unique things: they may not always be following general aesthetic rules, but they sure are interesting to look at.  
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
About 6 months now.
How often will you be Online?
I am still studying, which means that there might be periods of time when I'm not on for a few days, or just for half an hour or so. I will try to be online every day. I don't think it will be a problem to be on regularly, but I hope you will be understanding when I can't be online ecause of my studies.
How do you deal with social conflict?
It depends. If the conflict is between me and another person, I try and solve it as a mature adult. I will do my best not to let it escalate any further, and if we should get stuck, I might ask a third party to moderate. If the conflict is between two other parties, I will try and help out when it is asked of me, or when it seems that it is getting out of hand. Otherwise, seeing that this is a server for mature people, I will let them sort out there differences among themselves. It's bad enough that there is a conflict between to parties, there is no need for me to interfere without being asked, and potentially making things worse.  
Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?
I have been looking for a mature server that has a good and strong community, one where I can feel welcome and don't have to worry about being bothered by teenagers that want to know if I have a boyfriend, and that ask me if I think their skin looks sexy 0_0.
I don't knwo any LP'ers from this server, but I do enjoy watching others play Minecraft. I started out with paulsoaresjr, he thought me how to play Posted Image I have watched the Yogscast for a while, but I became annoyed with the fact that they have been playing for years, but they're still bumbling and cheating their way through every map. It was funny for a few videos, but not annymore. I love Zisteau: he is a great player, and his editing is amazing. I watched Legendary, and then followed on to the Mindcrack server. I like PauseUnpause, Vintagebeef, Guude and BdoubleO the most, but they're all pretty good.

Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)?
No, I'm afraid I don't have recording equipment, and my accent is probably to strong (Think Docm77 in his beginning days, but worse)
Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?
It depends on the situation: if people are talking directly to me, or when they are talking about something I ca realte to, i will join the conversation. If I meet someone new I will do my best to greet them, and to introduce myself. I however do not feel the need to be talking all the time, and I believe that if you have nothing sensible to contribute towards the conversation, you better stay quiet. (this is something I try to follow, I won't be criticising people that don't agree with me on this)  
Tell me about yourself?
I'm a 19-year old girl from Belgium. My first language is Dutch (Flemish), but I also speak English rather well (I apologize for any mistakes that have made their way into my application). I also have (very) basic knowledge of French, German and Spanish. I study History, and I like to visit sites like Reddit, Cracked, Theoatmeal and TheOnion. I absolutely love reading, mostly Fantasy and Science-Fiction, and I have a broad taste in music (from metal to classical music, and from mainstream pop songs to retro songs). I love playing Minecraft Posted Image I don't really know what else to put here, but if there is anything else that you would like to know about me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Xethgnur
    Xethgnur

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Skype is necessary as we would like to confirm who you are and what you posted to be true through a skype call. We don't intend to be creepy nor are we accusing you of not being who you say you are, we would simply like to know we aren't adding the next generation of griefers on our server and that we aren't being told a blatant lie to the face. If you can make a skype account, please share it with us. If posting it on the forums is a bit insecure for you, you can PM either me or SlagBlox your Skype username and we will add you at the most convenient time. Hope to see you on the server :)

ElDroga
    ElDroga

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Minecraft: ElDroga

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

• In-game name? ElDroga
  • Do you have Skype? tomxtom3
  • Age? 17
  • Country? Israel (GMT+2/GMT+3)
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? redstone
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? I have been to many servers recently, trying to find a nice, mature, vanilla server. I will update you when i find one...
  • What are you good at? Redstone, huge builds and branch mining.
  • What kind of builds do you make? I usually build large forts/castles of some sort, though i would like to try something new.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: since the early beta versions
  • How often will you be Online? 2~4 hrs/day. 8hrs on saturdays
  • How do you deal with social conflict? Who ever is logically right shall win the argument, no matter what my opinion is.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers? I watch almost every mindcrack player and i want to join this server hoping it will be the server i was looking for all along.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? had one, if i like it here i may just start recording again.
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? Most people i know say i'm friendly and funny. so...
  • Tell me about yourself? <----- Why did you put a question mark here?
  • My name is Tom, I am a former hockey player and i listen to all genres of music.
  • My application is a little short because i'm writing it late at night :D, if it is too short for you contact me in skype

attheshows

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

• In-game name?:Attheshows
  • Do you have Skype?:Yes, it is: Attheshows. period included.
  • Age?:20
  • Country?:Canada
  • What do you like most about Minecraft?: I love Minecraft because it is an extention of the imagination, anything is possible in this game!
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?: I have been in many, some I am still in, some I have left. There are several reasons why I am still with the servers I am with and the same for servers that I have left.
  • What are you good at?: I don't really consider myself really good with anything. Maybe build ideas.
  • What kind of builds do you make?: I usually build houses.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I've been playing for about a year and a half.
  • How often will you be Online?: I am online most of the time during the day. (CST)
  • How do you deal with social conflict?: I often try to reason with the person if they're trying to argue with me. If it's two other players arguing, I attempt to break it up in a quiet manner.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?: I am just looking for servers to interact with other players.
  • Do you watch any LP'ers?: Not really.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)?: Yes I do, channel name is ConquestStripes.
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? I'm more of a quiet person.
  • Tell me about yourself?: I am Justin, I love playing musical instruments and video games
  • Please note that I DO NOT have a microphone!

SlagBlox

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postattheshows, on 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

• In-game name?:Attheshows
  • Do you have Skype?:Yes, it is: Attheshows. period included.
  • Age?:20
  • Country?:Canada
  • What do you like most about Minecraft?: I love Minecraft because it is an extention of the imagination, anything is possible in this game!
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?: I have been in many, some I am still in, some I have left. There are several reasons why I am still with the servers I am with and the same for servers that I have left.
  • What are you good at?: I don't really consider myself really good with anything. Maybe build ideas.
  • What kind of builds do you make?: I usually build houses.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I've been playing for about a year and a half.
  • How often will you be Online?: I am online most of the time during the day. (CST)
  • How do you deal with social conflict?: I often try to reason with the person if they're trying to argue with me. If it's two other players arguing, I attempt to break it up in a quiet manner.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?: I am just looking for servers to interact with other players.
  • Do you watch any LP'ers?: Not really.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)?: Yes I do, channel name is ConquestStripes.
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? I'm more of a quiet person.
  • Tell me about yourself?: I am Justin, I love playing musical instruments and video games
  • Please note that I DO NOT have a microphone!

View PostElDroga, on 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

• In-game name? ElDroga
  • Do you have Skype? tomxtom3
  • Age? 17
  • Country? Israel (GMT+2/GMT+3)
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? redstone
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? I have been to many servers recently, trying to find a nice, mature, vanilla server. I will update you when i find one...
  • What are you good at? Redstone, huge builds and branch mining.
  • What kind of builds do you make? I usually build large forts/castles of some sort, though i would like to try something new.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: since the early beta versions
  • How often will you be Online? 2~4 hrs/day. 8hrs on saturdays
  • How do you deal with social conflict? Who ever is logically right shall win the argument, no matter what my opinion is.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers? I watch almost every mindcrack player and i want to join this server hoping it will be the server i was looking for all along.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? had one, if i like it here i may just start recording again.
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? Most people i know say i'm friendly and funny. so...
  • Tell me about yourself? <----- Why did you put a question mark here?
  • My name is Tom, I am a former hockey player and i listen to all genres of music.
  • My application is a little short because i'm writing it late at night Posted Image, if it is too short for you contact me in skype

View PostLeae, on 29 November 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

In-game name?
​Leaellyna
Do you have Skype?
Right now, I don't, but I might be able to get it should it become necessary.
Age?
Country?
Belgium (but don't worry, I speak and understand English pretty well).
What do you like most about Minecraft?
The fact that I can do whatever I feel like: if I want to mine, I can do so for hours, if I feel creative, I can build, and if I feel adventurous, I can go hunt some monsters. I am fascinated by redstone creations, although I'm not that good at making them.
Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?
I'm currently active on one server: icrafted.nl. I like going there, but it is in Dutch, and rather small. It has a great community, but I would also like to meet Minecrafters who are a bit more different? I don't really think I'm explaining myself very well right now, but I love learning about different cultures, and Minecraft creates a great environment to do that. Also, the server I'm on right now is pvp, and while I don't really mind that, it would be nice not having to worry about being killed and losing your stuff when a player asks to meet with you.
What are you good at?
If the mood strikes me, I can mine for hours Posted Image I like building to: I may not be able to make huge castles and such just yet, but I like coming up with funny and original ideas for builds (Like "The Missing Chunk Hotel, Coming soon to a World-Gen Error near you!) I also enjoy building underground complexes. I know basic redstone and mobtrap-systems.
What kind of builds do you make?
I partially answered that question above: I like to focus on creativity, and not so much on quantity. I like to make unique things: they may not always be following general aesthetic rules, but they sure are interesting to look at.  
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
About 6 months now.
How often will you be Online?
I am still studying, which means that there might be periods of time when I'm not on for a few days, or just for half an hour or so. I will try to be online every day. I don't think it will be a problem to be on regularly, but I hope you will be understanding when I can't be online ecause of my studies.
How do you deal with social conflict?
It depends. If the conflict is between me and another person, I try and solve it as a mature adult. I will do my best not to let it escalate any further, and if we should get stuck, I might ask a third party to moderate. If the conflict is between two other parties, I will try and help out when it is asked of me, or when it seems that it is getting out of hand. Otherwise, seeing that this is a server for mature people, I will let them sort out there differences among themselves. It's bad enough that there is a conflict between to parties, there is no need for me to interfere without being asked, and potentially making things worse.  
Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?
I have been looking for a mature server that has a good and strong community, one where I can feel welcome and don't have to worry about being bothered by teenagers that want to know if I have a boyfriend, and that ask me if I think their skin looks sexy 0_0.
I don't knwo any LP'ers from this server, but I do enjoy watching others play Minecraft. I started out with paulsoaresjr, he thought me how to play Posted Image I have watched the Yogscast for a while, but I became annoyed with the fact that they have been playing for years, but they're still bumbling and cheating their way through every map. It was funny for a few videos, but not annymore. I love Zisteau: he is a great player, and his editing is amazing. I watched Legendary, and then followed on to the Mindcrack server. I like PauseUnpause, Vintagebeef, Guude and BdoubleO the most, but they're all pretty good.

Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)?
No, I'm afraid I don't have recording equipment, and my accent is probably to strong (Think Docm77 in his beginning days, but worse)
Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?
It depends on the situation: if people are talking directly to me, or when they are talking about something I ca realte to, i will join the conversation. If I meet someone new I will do my best to greet them, and to introduce myself. I however do not feel the need to be talking all the time, and I believe that if you have nothing sensible to contribute towards the conversation, you better stay quiet. (this is something I try to follow, I won't be criticising people that don't agree with me on this)  
Tell me about yourself?
I'm a 19-year old girl from Belgium. My first language is Dutch (Flemish), but I also speak English rather well (I apologize for any mistakes that have made their way into my application). I also have (very) basic knowledge of French, German and Spanish. I study History, and I like to visit sites like Reddit, Cracked, Theoatmeal and TheOnion. I absolutely love reading, mostly Fantasy and Science-Fiction, and I have a broad taste in music (from metal to classical music, and from mainstream pop songs to retro songs). I love playing Minecraft Posted Image I don't really know what else to put here, but if there is anything else that you would like to know about me, please do not hesitate to ask.

I shall talk to xethgnur about your applications and i shall PM you the decisions we will come to, thankyou for applying & goodluck!

5py0n
    5py0n

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: 5py0n

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

• In-game name? 5py0n
  • Do you have Skype? I do. Will PM it if I will get whitelisted.
  • Age? 24
  • Country? Estonia
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? Creativity. The fact you can build whatever you can imagine.
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? Played on Australian small community server, but some kinds ruined it and ping wasn't great. (Checked your server, ping is great, around 100ms)
  • What are you good at? I love to use redstone and pistons, good at building big auto/semi-auto farms and stuff like that. Gathering all kind of resouces.
  • What kind of builds do you make? As I said above - auto/semi-auto farms and other redstone/piston stuff.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Around 6 months total.
  • How often will you be Online? Every day for 2-8 hours. If it's my working day - then 2-3 hours, if it's day off - up to 8 hours.
  • How do you deal with social conflict? I always try to avoid any conflicts. If it not possible - then I'm trying to solve it as a mature person, without yelling, swearing etc.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers? I was looking for vanilla whitelisted server with small friendly community and low ping and looks like this server is exactly what I was looking for. I like Xisumavoid and Docm77 videos but I don't watch any LPs.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? I do, but no MC videos there, just some airsoft videos I recorded.
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? I think I am quiet person (friendly!)
  • Tell me about yourself? My name is Juri and I am 24 years old. I am from Tallinn, Estonia. My native language is russian but I speak english well too. (Still learning and trying my best) I am not very public person, so if you want to know something specific - feel free to ask me personally =)

SlagBlox

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I shall talk to xethgnur about your applications and i shall PM you the decisions we will come to, thankyou for applying & goodluck!

RobLyon
    RobLyon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

• In-game name? RobLyon
  • Do you have Skype? Yes
  • Age? 44
  • Country? US
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? Quiet building and farming.
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?  1 other, it was a friend's server and he shut it down when he moved.
  • What are you good at? Creative building, basic survival.
  • What kind of builds do you make? Usually functional living spaces with creative aspects.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 2 years
  • How often will you be Online? Couple-3 times a week?
  • How do you deal with social conflict? I'm level-headed.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?  Looking for peaceful, friendly interaction with limited to no PvP.    Do you watch any LP'ers? A few, Yogscast of course.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? No
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?  Outgoing.
  • Tell me about yourself? College-educated NYC professional, life-long gamer.

Herbalish

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

In-game name? Herbalish
Do you have Skype? Yes
Age? 36
Country? United States
What do you like most about Minecraft? The game and it's objectives is totally dependent on your decision making processes.  One week is solely dedicated to mining, the next you build or farm.  I have always been turned off by games that are either too linear or too objective oriented with a focus on character class upgrading and customization.  Although the only other game I'm playing right now is Guild Wars 2.
Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? Yes, quite a few.  But I will only mention the last one since I was on it for quite a while.  It is called Shade Crest but they recently voted to "reset" the entire server and call it Shade Crest 2.0.  This was very upsetting to me as I had put many hours into creating elaborate structures and built a rather large store and economy for myself and friends.  To have it all disappear overnight was very off-putting to say the least.  The fact I also donated to the server to receive VIP bonus, which was only a "bank safe" to store materials like diamonds etc. so they were protected, these were also deleted.  
What are you good at? Game wise, I really dig in, no pun intended, and accomplish self set objectives whether it be simple strip mining or clearing an area full of trees to multiple day construction projects which vary in range from above ground castle building to subterranean auto-farms.
What kind of builds do you make?  I am a farmer in this game at heart.  My friends joke about this.  I'm always in-charge of feeding everyone.  Like I mentioned above,  I can build all sorts of farms, including animal,  and with the new additions I can't wait to build my first carrot and potato farms.  I'm also a brick builder.  I spend days and days collecting clay to build large, elaborate brick structures.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Feb. 2011
How often will you be Online? Almost every evening, sometimes for only an hour or two, sometime more.  Depends on the wife and kids, right? lol
How do you deal with social conflict? Listen, as an adult this is what we do everyday at work and in our personal lives.  The reason we play games, for me at least, is to decompress.  There really shouldn't be any conflict but if there is, I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, we can work it out, as adults do, in a fair and timely manner. (This is kinda why I'm lookin' for a adult server)
Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?  This is funny, I used to watch this group of guys called the "Creatures" on YT who used to do lots of Minecraft videos and they are one of the reasons why I got into it early last year.  Again, the real reason I am looking at this server is it is relatively new and is run by a group of adults who are looking to build that type of community.  I would like to be a part of that from the start.
Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? I do, but all it had were videos of my family for my parents to see since they live far away.  I dont think anything is up on there right now.  I was going to do some videos of gameplay but I have yet to pick up a fraps to do so.
Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?  I am quiet and introverted until you get to know me, then I kinda come out of the shell.
Tell me about yourself?  Well, let's see.  I'm a husband and a father of two beautiful daughters.  My oldest is into gaming but right now she no longer wants to "dig holes" with me and is way into her DS.  I am in the print industry.  I live in MD but run a in-plant print shop in Washington, DC.  I am the Program System Administrator, whatever that means, and I make sure everything runs smoothly.  I have been gaming since the early 80's with my Atari, went on a long hiatus and picked it back up again in the late 90's when I picked up a PS1 so my friends and I could play fighting games together.  Since then I have had a PS2 and now have a PS3.  I can honestly say the only reason why I PC game now is because of Minecraft.  I bought a new computer simply because my old one couldn't handle graphics.  Anyway, I would love to answer any more questions you have via Skype, as my wife is working this weekend and I have my girls to myself and they are all over me this weekend and it's hard to type this, let me know, thanks.

SlagBlox

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

SlagBlox

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostHerbalish, on 01 December 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

In-game name? Herbalish
Do you have Skype? Yes
Age? 36
Country? United States
What do you like most about Minecraft? The game and it's objectives is totally dependent on your decision making processes.  One week is solely dedicated to mining, the next you build or farm.  I have always been turned off by games that are either too linear or too objective oriented with a focus on character class upgrading and customization.  Although the only other game I'm playing right now is Guild Wars 2.
Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? Yes, quite a few.  But I will only mention the last one since I was on it for quite a while.  It is called Shade Crest but they recently voted to "reset" the entire server and call it Shade Crest 2.0.  This was very upsetting to me as I had put many hours into creating elaborate structures and built a rather large store and economy for myself and friends.  To have it all disappear overnight was very off-putting to say the least.  The fact I also donated to the server to receive VIP bonus, which was only a "bank safe" to store materials like diamonds etc. so they were protected, these were also deleted.  
What are you good at? Game wise, I really dig in, no pun intended, and accomplish self set objectives whether it be simple strip mining or clearing an area full of trees to multiple day construction projects which vary in range from above ground castle building to subterranean auto-farms.
What kind of builds do you make?  I am a farmer in this game at heart.  My friends joke about this.  I'm always in-charge of feeding everyone.  Like I mentioned above,  I can build all sorts of farms, including animal,  and with the new additions I can't wait to build my first carrot and potato farms.  I'm also a brick builder.  I spend days and days collecting clay to build large, elaborate brick structures.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Feb. 2011
How often will you be Online? Almost every evening, sometimes for only an hour or two, sometime more.  Depends on the wife and kids, right? lol
How do you deal with social conflict? Listen, as an adult this is what we do everyday at work and in our personal lives.  The reason we play games, for me at least, is to decompress.  There really shouldn't be any conflict but if there is, I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, we can work it out, as adults do, in a fair and timely manner. (This is kinda why I'm lookin' for a adult server)
Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?  This is funny, I used to watch this group of guys called the "Creatures" on YT who used to do lots of Minecraft videos and they are one of the reasons why I got into it early last year.  Again, the real reason I am looking at this server is it is relatively new and is run by a group of adults who are looking to build that type of community.  I would like to be a part of that from the start.
Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? I do, but all it had were videos of my family for my parents to see since they live far away.  I dont think anything is up on there right now.  I was going to do some videos of gameplay but I have yet to pick up a fraps to do so.
Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?  I am quiet and introverted until you get to know me, then I kinda come out of the shell.
Tell me about yourself?  Well, let's see.  I'm a husband and a father of two beautiful daughters.  My oldest is into gaming but right now she no longer wants to "dig holes" with me and is way into her DS.  I am in the print industry.  I live in MD but run a in-plant print shop in Washington, DC.  I am the Program System Administrator, whatever that means, and I make sure everything runs smoothly.  I have been gaming since the early 80's with my Atari, went on a long hiatus and picked it back up again in the late 90's when I picked up a PS1 so my friends and I could play fighting games together.  Since then I have had a PS2 and now have a PS3.  I can honestly say the only reason why I PC game now is because of Minecraft.  I bought a new computer simply because my old one couldn't handle graphics.  Anyway, I would love to answer any more questions you have via Skype, as my wife is working this weekend and I have my girls to myself and they are all over me this weekend and it's hard to type this, let me know, thanks.

View PostRobLyon, on 01 December 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

• In-game name? RobLyon
  • Do you have Skype? Yes
  • Age? 44
  • Country? US
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? Quiet building and farming.
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave?  1 other, it was a friend's server and he shut it down when he moved.
  • What are you good at? Creative building, basic survival.
  • What kind of builds do you make? Usually functional living spaces with creative aspects.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 2 years
  • How often will you be Online? Couple-3 times a week?
  • How do you deal with social conflict? I'm level-headed.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?  Looking for peaceful, friendly interaction with limited to no PvP. Do you watch any LP'ers? A few, Yogscast of course.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? No
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing?  Outgoing.
  • Tell me about yourself? College-educated NYC professional, life-long gamer.

SlagBlox

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Just a notice to people, there are plenty more slots left on the server so get applying now to get an early spot!

SlagBlox

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

New member has just been added, plenty of spots for others, apply now!

Cultus101

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

• In-game name? Cult
  • Do you have Skype? Yes, but well... I can't remember when I used it for the last time. Anyway, that doesn't stop us from having a conversation.
  • Age? 22
  • Country? The Netherlands
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? Building and creating civilizations/villages with other people.
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? Of course. Because the other players on other servers were lone wolfs, no teamplay at all. And the one's I did like are all shut down.
  • What are you good at? Finding my house when I am drunk, laying laminate, opening pistachios with one hand... and some other useless skills.
  • What kind of builds do you make? I'm a decent builder in Minecraft. I like to build realistic stuff, paying attention to gravity and that kind of physics. Buildings, towers, interiors, gardens... trying to be a little artistic and unique here and there. I like sandstone. Yes I definitely like sandstone with wood as building materials.
    I hate those 2D zelda or whatever character stuff. Or cars...why would someone build cars when you can't use them?

• How long have you been playing Minecraft? When classic mode was the only mode there was. I guess that's about 2 years ago?
  • How often will you be Online? Don't expect me that much. I have a social and busy life. I guess a few times (2-3) a week?
  • How do you deal with social conflict? Be patient and stay calm and call the cops!
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular?Do you watch any LP'ers?I think we can give each other a bit more joy in our life's. Hopefully a bit more laughter and a few hours having fun playing around with Minecraft. No dirty jokes here. And I do watch LP'ers from time to time.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? Not that I know off
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? Outgoing.
  • Tell me about yourself? I am a student who drinks more alcoholic beverages than my mother knows. I try to hit on some women from time to time but I usually fail miserably. So I decided to use that valuable time to play a bit more Minecraft.
    Usually serious, sometimes not, loves sarcastic jokes and self-mockery. Enjoys life.

Well I hope to hear from you soon.

SlagBlox

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Thankyou for applying, i shall review your application soon, please be patient!

SlagBlox

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

There are currently 10 more slots left, you could fill one of them! Apply now!

Rockliff
    Rockliff

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Minecraft: Rockliff

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

• In-game name? Rockliff
  • Do you have Skype? yep, Rockliff09
  • Age? 25
  • Country? Belarus
  • What do you like most about Minecraft? I guess there are two things I like most of all in minecraft - diversity and huge possibilities to apply one's creativity.
  • Have you been in any other servers? If so, why did you leave? Yes, I've been to some servers (like 3 or 4) and the reason I left was the immaturity of the majority of players (mostly just misbehaving kids not wanting to contribute to something and to create something really worth looking at). Although I'm currently on one server, but I was promoted to OP/creative mode there long ago, and being full-time creative makes me bored, because it's just building stuff, so it loses its diversity to me.
  • What are you good at? I hope I'm good at building, some basic knowledge of redstone which makes my MC-survival a little easier. I also like to make all kinds of farms so that lots of the resources become renewable. I'm not very good at pvp, better in pvm.
  • What kind of builds do you make? Actually I try different styles of buildings, I'll be glad to show you my thread at this forum. http://www.minecraft...rver-creations/
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since beta 1.4, so it's been approx. 1.5 years since I've started.
  • How often will you be Online? Usually I play 3-5 times a week, for a couple of hours.
  • How do you deal with social conflict? First things first, I try not to cause a conflict or get involved into it unless I see something unfair is going on and my help is needed. I always try to find out as much as possible about the conflict situation, be calm and resolve it in a peaceful way and/or a compromise.
  • Why do you want to join this server in particular? Do you watch any LP'ers? I want to become a part of a small close-knit community, where my help and contribution will be appreciated, where I can be serious and expect others to be serious (to a certain extent of course, I love good elaborate pranks, Mindcrack is my pranking-icon server LOL), where I can play and forget about chat-spamming, griefing, pvp-ambushes and other crappy stuff, and I'm tired of those kids-killjoys. I watch several LP'ers: Xisumavoid, Etho, Pakratt13, GenerikB, Bdouble0 are the most notable among them.
  • Do you have a YouTube channel (if so, name)? I do have a YT channel, although it's kind of dead right now, I've uploaded a couple of videos a year ago just for fun. It's name is rockliff13
  • Do you consider yourself quiet or outgoing? I'm quiet irl, but more outgoing in the game.
  • Tell me about yourself? I'm a specialist in foreign economic relations. I speak 4 languages - Russian, Belorussian, English and Spanish. I find myself a creative person as I regularly need to let my creativity materialize in something. I'd been making graphics and icons for different cell-phone themes (not just composing them, but drawing all the elements myself - you are free to google "Rockliff themes for Symbian". I'm a peaceful person, like to help people a lot, be a part of a team. I also like going in for sports - swimming and riding the bike.
Thank you in advance for the time spent and the answer!

Posted Image
RealCraft Server Creations

SlagBlox

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Thankyou for applying, i shall review your application soon, please be patient!